Even though we had a patch of rough weather with Ernesto running a bit wild at the end of August, nothing could "dampen" the great time we had at The Gingerbread House in Cape May, New Jersey. It is the most charming home with all its victorian decor and antiques, and the room we had was absolutely amazing. Sitting in our own private porch was more like taking a trip back in time. The breakfast was delicious and the afternoon tea with all the home baked goodies was something to look forward to! Fred and Joan Echevarria are the warmest people and it is more like visiting old friends, they are so welcoming. Joan has great tips and suggestions--Tisha's was great! thanks Joan, and Fred is so helpful with all his little tricks to the house--the outside shower is a must do! We had to arrive a bit late and they waited for us to arrive and were so accommodating. I will be returning back as often as I can to Cape May, and the Gingerbread House is my must stay!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A meticulously and elegantly restored 1869 Victorian Bed and Breakfast Inn situated in the historical district and 1/2 block to beach. Period antiques, original watercolors, classical music, Fred's photographs and exquisite woodwork combine with friendly service and attention to detail. Delightful breezes and the sounds of the sea create a comfortable setting amidst the wonderful furnishing of a golden age. Breakfast, fireplace, private baths and guest veranda. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Gingerbread House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gingerbread House Hotel Cape May
- Gingerbread House Cape May, New Jersey