“Can't wait to go back!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Humphrey Hughes House
Ranked #16 of 40 Cape May B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 June 2011

Walking up and down the streets of Cape May, it was hard to decide which B&B to stay at...until we saw this one. The front porch was so attractive with its' size, flowers, and colors. We were greeted and were offered to see two available rooms. We chose the Ocean View Room, and how spectacular it was! It had a large, very comfortable king sized bed, antique furniture, and a quaint bathroom. Very spacious! The entire house was also beautiful. Breakfast was nothing short of AMAZING. WHAT a presentation!! It was so lovely to eat on the porch, and the food was absolutely delicious. The husband came up to us and personally introduced himself, as we did not see him when we checked in. The owners were so pleasant and inviting. And what a deal... we stayed the night of 6/3/11, and I think it was still considered off season... with all those darn NJ taxes, it was only $100!!! It will be very difficult to go back to a hotel after this B&B experience... it was our first and definitely set the bar high!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bsbaumann

Reviewed 10 June 2011

My husband and I stayed in the Dragon Fly room and it exceeded our expectations. The bed was extremely comfortable and extra blankets and softer pillows were provided. The breakfasts were delicious on the huge wrap around porch, where seating is intimate at tables of 2. The owners and staff were friendly and helpful. We will definitely be back!!

Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beachlovers0626
Reviewed 8 June 2011

My wife and I returned for our second visit since we enjoyed last summer so much. Everything was as awesome as the first time. The entire staff remembered us and we were greated with hugs. I can guarantee you will enjoy your stay here. While not for families with young kids, the house is definitely wonderful for couples of all ages. Location is great. Food is unreal. Service is spectacular. Cannot wait till our next visit this fall.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank tanney9
Reviewed 4 June 2011

Terry and Lorraine took us in on no notice after the original B & B we booked experienced an unfortunate accident in our room the night before our arrival. They were kind and gracious hosts and made us feel very welcome in their house. It was my first experience in a B & B and I was nothing other than totally amazed by the experience. The Doctor's Suite we were offered was beautiful and far surpassed the room we would have been in at the original B & B. Lorraine's breakfasts were absolutely, absolutely superb and and the wrap around porch setting for those breakfasts (with an ocean view) was a special experience. Terry and Lorraine struck a great balance between meeting all of our needs and at the same time giving us our privacy. The service staff was excellent, very friendly and helpful. We spoke to several returning guests who told us they have been spoiled by the Humphrey Hughes House and find other B & B experiences lacking. If you are going to Cape May I would look no further than the Humphrey Hughes House for accommodations. And if you do go, ask if Oliver can come out and visit.

Room Tip: All the rooms are pictured on the website.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank frankandaliceball
Reviewed 31 May 2011

I came back from Cape May after spending 3 nights at the Humphrey Hughes House. When people asked me upon my return how my trip was, I have one word...ELIXER... the genlt ocean breeze, the quiet.. the food. We paid $160 a night for a small but agreeable Le petite room located on the first floor. The home was extremely clean and well kept. We had such a wonderful time. The beach is a block away and the breakfast was a masterpiece of color, tastes and textures. I left the weekend so refreshed and ready to return to life. You will not be disappointed. Parking is still a minor issue but we were able to find a place a few blocks away.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cynthia1300
Reviewed 14 October 2010

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon 14 years ago and it is still as beautiful now as it was then. We waited much to long to go back, we hope to get back once a year if not more. I absolutely love the Humphrey Hughes House and wouldn't stay anywhere else in Cape May. Great job to the owners and staff. Thanks for making our 14th Anniversary a memorable one!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2010

We just completed a wonderful visit to Cape May and stayed at the Humphrey Hughes House. The room was very spacious and wonderfully decorated and clean. Linens were first rate and the breakfast every morning which is served out on their porch was delightful.
Highly recommend this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple