All reviews afternoon appetizers susan ray santa clara oatmeal cookies welcome home my husband and i san buenaventura bed and breakfast new owners gift bag spa tub common areas are dietary restrictions beach tags feel like family beach chairs every guest
Reviewed 17 May 2011

Treated my mom to an overnight for her birthday, and what a treat this was. Susan and her staff were so attentive, kind, and outgoing. They knew the perfect restaurants, and suggested new things for us to check out. What really sealed the deal was that no other B&B I called would let us stay for one night--but Susan found a way for us!

Room Tip: All the rooms are amazing!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank eatthrutheworld
Reviewed 16 May 2011

We chose to stay at the Mission Inn from the great reviews we'd received and we were not disappointed. Susan, the innkeeper, was a joy to converse with and also doubles as a gourmet chef. She served afternoon hors d'oveurs, served in a beautifully painted sunroom with a fully equiped kitchenette. The rooms were unique and stylish, and most have fireplaces. The entire b&b is done in the Spanish mission theme. There are several top notch restaurants in walking distance as well as the clean Cape May beaches.

Room Tip: Each room is unique. Go online.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2011

I surprised my girlfriend with taking her to our 1st B&B this spring. Most of Cape May's B&B's look a little old and Victorian, which could be nice for some but my girlfriend and I are 26 and wanted a nice room with a bath in it that looks more contemporary. The rooms in other places seemed to lack amenities and all they had going for them was an old bed and bathtub and furniture. We could care lass. The Mission Inn was a breath of fresh air, its rooms were beautiful and unique, they had a Spanish mission feel but were still contemporary and new feeling, like I was staying at a pricier hotel sweet. Susan was awesome and made me feel comfortable even though it was my first B&B, and she has tons of suggestions of things you can do and knows everyone in Cape May it seems. She makes it feel like your house, and is very nice but not overly friendly in a way that weirds you out. The Inn is very nice, the beach is right down the street, she'll tell you whats going on in town, will go out of her way to make your trip great, and the rooms are great - I suggest the San Diego room. There were couples of all ages there as well, from young 20's to 60's. Overall, the place is a great Inn that has a fresh contemporary feel with a slight Spanish flavor in a town flooded with antiquated Victorian vibe. Great place for a younger couple, I have my friends going this fall.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2011

This was our fourth trip to the Mission Inn(3rd since Susan & Ray became owners). Everything about this inn is 1st rate----ambiance, decor, hospitality and food. The chef, Leslie, has been with Susan & Ray from the beginning and never ceases to amaze with her innovative and fabulous breakfasts. Always a feast for the eyes as well as the palate.
Returning to the Mission Inn is like visiting good friends and we can't wait to see them again soon! Kathy & Rich

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2011

This was our third time staying at the Mission Inn and it was booked very last minute (the day before), but we were still treated like royalty. Susan and Ray go out of their way to make us feel at home. Every possible want/ need has been thought of and taken care of. The Inn is beautiful and the food is delicious. There is no other place I would rather stay. Fantastic B&B.

Room Tip: Santa Barbara is the BEST room!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple