“Great Escape for a Honeymoon!”
Review of The Mission Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Mission Inn
Ranked #1 of 40 Cape May B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I want to start off by saying that our Honeymoon was extraordinary at the Mission Inn. When we arrived in Cape May, Susan helped us find the bed and breakfast, which was right on the beach. Once we got there she greeted us at the door, saying welcome home. After a tour of the house, we were in awe of home beautiful the painted murals on all the walls were. It really felt like home when she brought us to our room and showed us the heated floors, fire place, Jacuzzi, and luxurious bathroom. The picture's don't do this room justice! Once we got settled, a wine tasting was happening in the kitchen, and they were all eager for us to join in, along with h'ordorves. Susan told us about the history, and we learned about all there is to do in Cape May. By the end of our stay we were sad to leave, and will surely be back to celebrate one year of marriage!. Erin and Bryan DiPalma

Room Tip: San Diego de Alcala Room for sure!
2  Thank Erin D

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We decided to stay this time in the fall instead of late summer. As always, the absolute perfect accommodations. The owners, Sue and Ray, should teach others how to be great hosts. We booked again for our 4th time to return to this gem of a place.

Room Tip: They are all good!
1  Thank Joe N
Reviewed 3 November 2013

From the moment we were greeted by Susan and Raymond we were pampered and made to feel right at home. Attention is paid to every little detail at the Mission Inn which we found to be bright, airy and extremely comfortable - unlike some of Cape May's cluttered and dark "Victorians".

Great breakfasts which can be enjoyed outdoors, weather permitting.

For over 30 years, my wife and I have enjoyed many B&Bs throughout the U.S. and Ireland, and without a doubt, The Mission Inn is among the best of the best. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Skelt440
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My husband and I recently spent the weekend at The Mission Inn in Cape May, and had a wonderful time. All of the many, many positive reviews you probably have read at this point are spot-on, and 100% true.

Our positive experience started from the moment of booking, through the many emails with Susan, our hostess and innkeeper (weeks before our arrival, she had already made restaurant recommendations and reservations for us!), through the moment we rang the doorbell. Upon our arrival, Susan gave us the full tour of the inn, advising us that we were to consider it our home duing our stay. She showed us the fully appointed kitchen (complete with fresh lemonade and iced tea, as well as white wine, cookies, brownies, and daily snacks!), directed us to the bikes that we could use as we wished, and walked us out to the beautiful patio out back. When she brought us to our room (The San Luis... highly recommend it), Susan also took the time to show us all of the amenities - including the many remote controls (light, fireplace, tv, etc.). Her professionalism and customer service really are unparalleled... but what's more amazing is her genuine level of caring for her guests. She, and her husband Ray, genuinely care that you are having a good time and enjoying your stay. They honestly want to get to know you as a person, not just a customer at an inn. I've never experienced anything like it in all my travels.

And for the amenities. The food is phenomenal. Breakfast both days was amazing - just the right portion size and gourmet quality food. The snacks (Mexican on our first day) were fresh and tasty. And the room... I can't say enough about how amazing it was. Clean (which is critical to me)... and with such attention to detail! The artwork alone in the inn is simply breathtaking. And if you go, look closely in the flowers out front... The inn is also home to a massive family of butterflies! (Ray was kind enough to take some photos of them for me, with my camera, as my husband and I were packing up to leave!)

I highly recommend The Mission Inn and hope to have the opportunity to return for another weekend getaway.

My only hesitation in this entire process? Writing this review - for purely selfish reasons - as it will make it that much more difficult for me and my husband to secure a room reservation in the future. :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My hubby and I had never stayed at a B& B and I was unsure if we would enjoy the experience. This B&B blew our minds from the moment you check in to check out you enjoy exceptional service, a beautiful home and unbelievable hospitality. Susan & Ray the innkeepers treated us like a part of their family. They truly love what they do and want you to have the most enjoyable stay- they cared about every person that entered their B&B and you can tell. The snacks, wine and especially the breakfast were delicious! I almost forgot the oatmeal cookies- OMG. Our room was spotless and I watched the staff cleaning and caring for the Inn all throughout the day. We enjoyed riding the provided bikes to the beach and just relaxing in our room with the fireplace on :) We cannot wait to go back!!!! Thank you Susan & Ray- Jen & Tony

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We have stayed at the Mission Inn twice and none other even compares! Ray and Susan are so attentive and by far the best innkeepers! I wouldnt stay anywhere else when visiting Cape May. The breakfasts are amazing as well! The rooms are extremely clean and beautifully decorated.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

From the moment we arrived to a warm welcome at The Mission Inn, we enjoyed hospitality second to none. The public areas invite guests to meet each other if they wish and enjoy tea, coffee, wine and nibbles at any time of the day or night. The bedrooms are spotlessly clean, cozy, and comfortable. The desk in the room and free, fast wifi were very welcome.
Last, but certainly not least, the breakfast was certainly the best we have enjoyed at a B and B. The food was freshly prepared, healthy and delicious, and exactly as we requested.
Overall, I can simply say that this was the best B and B experience we have had - here or abroad.

• Stayed: October 2013