All reviewssusan rayafternoon appetizerssanta claranew ownerswelcome homeoatmeal cookiesmy husband and isan buenaventurabed and breakfastgift bagdietary restrictionsfeel like familybeach tagsbeach chairscommon areas arejacuzzi tubthought of everything
Reviewed 6 December 2010

Our experience at the Mission Inn was nothing short of perfect. Hosts Susan and Ray sincerely made us feel like family. Accommodating is not a fair word - better would be harmonizing. The taste, aroma and feel of the inn make you just want to melt into the walls.The rooms, or should I say art-chambers, were one-of-a-kind lodgings more typical of an art gallery then a bedroom. Spacious, marvelously decorated and immaculately clean, the room itself is reason enough to stay at the inn.
Breakfasts by Leslie should be chiseled into the dinning room walls! Unique and delightful, you will not find these masterpieces at your local diner. That goes for the afternoon appetizers as well. Great stuff! One block from the Atlantic Ocean and the beaches and a 5 minute drive to open-air mall in the center of Cape May gives you all you will need whether you come in the summer or winter (Christmas season is a special treat).
We have already booked for 2011. GO!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2010

The Mission Inn in Cape May, NJ is the ideal vacation spot. My husband and I have been there twice and will definitely be back. The innkeepers could not be more friendly and and the Inn itself is beautiful, truly a work of art. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2010

My boyfriend and I just say one night, but I can not say enough good things about our stay. We were greeted by Raymond and given a tour of the house. The incredible attention to detail was unsurpassed. The handpainted murals covered every wall, it felt like being transported to different place and time. Our room was amazing, fireplace, jacuzzi tub, king size bed, mutiple shower jets, adjustable plasma TV. Raymond suggested places to eat and visit. We went Cape May Winery, Hawk Haven, and the Martini Beach Bar all fabulous. Although, there was so much more to do in Cape May I just wanted to get back the room and curl up by the fireplace. We took advantage of being the only guests staying the night and got hot chocolate and sunggling on the couch. Susan and Raymond made the Mission Inn feel like home. After the most incredible sleep, Susan prepared breakfast (even taking into my dietary restrictions) anything we could have wanted was offfered to us. By far one of the best stays I've had. I did not want to leave.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2010

My wife and I are expecting our first child in 1 1/2 months and we decided to take a Baby-moon before the big day. I found the Mission Inn on a web search and it looked beautiful. We were not dissapointed. Owners Susan and Ray operate an amazing Inn. The accomodations are second to none as are the delicious gourmet breakfasts and afternoon treats. The staff are warm, helpful, and friendly. Ray and Susan attend to every detail and go above and beyond to make your stay the most enjoyable it can be. We created some wonderful memories that will last a life time and at the center of it all was the Mission Inn. We look forawrd to visiting again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2010

The Mission Inn is a unique, comfortable, special Bed and Breakfast and Susan and Ray, the innkeepers, know what their guests want to make their stay memorable, fun and easy. The attention to detail in the food, service, architecture and amenities is second to none. We spent three nights at The Mission Inn Inn for our anniversary. We loved the location - one block to the beach, close to restauants and tennis. The Inn bikes were fun to ride and got us everywhere else we wanted to go. We loved the food - snacks, happy hour hor d'oevres and delicious, healthy breakfasts as well as recommendations for great dinner spots. We met some nice guests who were also staying there and we loved our room. It was spacious and beautifully painted with murals as is the whole Inn. We highly recommend The Mission Inn and will deifntiely go back.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple