“My favorite birthday vacation destination”
Review of Mooring B&B

Mooring B&B
Ranked #18 of 39 Cape May B&B and Inns
“My favorite birthday vacation destination”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

For the past 3 years my husband and I have come here for my birthday and we have agreed that we would never want to stay elsewhere! Vince and Leslie are so wonderful and hospitable. We love the rooms (onsite parking - huge advantage!) and the proximity to the beach and restaurants/mall is perfect because it's easily walkable yet far enough from the crowds. We love coming here every year!!!

• Stayed July 2012

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Aberdeen, New Jersey, USA
Reviewed 22 July 2012

We had a very nice stay at the Mooring. It was incredibly close to the beach and the owners were very friendly. We stayed in a standard room, which was decently sized but no television. We also had to find street parking, which was sometimes difficult as it was so close to the beach. We rented bikes on the street over and biked to the more secluded areas of the beach. The breakfasts were good and plentiful. I also left my charger there, but they were able to hold on to it for me until I could come back and pick it up. Very nice! :)

Room Tip: We stayed in standard room 14 and it was nice, very quiet. There's no television with standard...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 9 July 2012

As a final weekend getaway, I booked this B&B for my wife and I. This was our first time to Cape May and staying at the Mooring. Happy to say, we'll definitely be coming back. Leslie and Vince were extremely friendly and accommodating. We stayed in Room 10 which shares a semi-private porch with Room 8 and it was perfect to sit outside, enjoy a breeze while getting a view of the ocean.
The breakfast options in the morning were very good and fulfilling! The Mooring is literally one block from walking onto the beach and has designated parking spots so you don't have to worry about metered spots on the street.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I have travelled several times to Cape May and have stayed at several area B&B's as well as some hotels during the summer and fall season's but this was the first time I stayed at the Mooring and I was so sad to leave at the end of the week! The place was incredibly clean throughout and I for one loved the fact that it was decorated in a lovely victorian theme but comfortable and warm, not dark and stuffy like some of the other places I have stayed. We stayed in Room #12 and it was spacious and comfortable - the bed was firm and comfortable and the room offered ample privacy sometimes lacking in a B&B. Having your own parking spot is great so you can come and go without the hassle of worrying about parking. The location is excellent so if you prefer to park and walk to all, you can do that as well. The breakfasts were lovely and convenient. Ice tea and snacks in the afternoon was a nice touch as were the clean beach towels each day and the outdoor showers so you can extend your final day at the beach.

The part that really made the place were the innkeepers. Leslie and Vince really have the patience of saints and go out of their way to make you feel like part of the family. Leslie patiently answered all my little questions prior to arrival and went the extra mile to set up a dvd player for our room when my husband inquired if it had one. Vince is like "Cape May Google" on steroids. - he has the skinny on everything and every place in the area and will tell you straight. Trust me - if Vince tells you to go somewhere - go - you will not be disappointed! He has the most uncanny sense of showing up just when you need him - it was quite incredible. They made everything so easy with directions, information and advice.

Most of all - I think the place was very good value for the money, which is what I am all about - it was not the cheapest place to stay but for the money they offered a quality across the board that was equal or better to much more expensive places in town.

If anything can be improved I would consider possibly upgrading the 24 hour coffee station and ice situation. While filling up ice trays in the freezer of the communal refrigerator did bring me back to my childhood memories and was in some ways charming, there were a couple of times I wished there was a modern ice maker. An upgraded fridge with an ice maker would solve that problem. Also, the tv was a modern flatscreen but a little on the small side, though we considered that might have been purposeful to fit in with the decor. The air conditioner was a little noisy as well but worked effectively and we had a week of days from 90-100 degrees!

We will look forward to our next visit!

JDW8456
Reviewed 5 July 2012

The Mooring has all the essentials for a great stay in Cape May: on-site parking, simple but elegant rooms tastefully furnished in a semi - Victorian motif, personal seating in the dining room for breakfast that allows for privacy or communing, and very tentative hosts.

The innkeepers provide a lovingly clean guest home and go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. They serve a wide range of in seasonal fresh fruit and deliciously enhanced yogurt as a continental breakfast to go along with the regular breakfast staples with The Mooring twists added.

Their front rooms provide the best of two worlds. You can use the air conditioner for comfortable sleeping in the heat of the summer or let the ocean breezes freshen your room while you relax on your semi-private porch from the long day on the beach. 4 o'clock high tea allows Leslie, to show off her talents when it comes to dessert and is not to be missed.

Vince has done an exceptional job upgrading the front room bathrooms, doing the work himself, to bring them into the 21st century while keeping with the original decor. Nice work, Vince!!!

So if you want a taste of how visiting Cape May was way back when, I highly recommend booking a room at The Mooring, Cape May's original Guest House.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We went for just one night over the Memorial Day weekend and had a very pleasant stay there. Breakfast looked nice although we just had a cup of coffee. Vince really went above and beyond giving us directions of free parking. Will def recommand it.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 June 2012

This was our second visit to the mooring and couldn't have asked for a better experience! The inn keepers are fantastic and always willing to lend a hand, the location can't be beat and the rooms are immaculate. Bonus-The breakfast was delicious! My husband had praline-crunch french toast while i enjoyed their texan omelet. We loved our quiet little retreat in room #2 and look forward to spending many more anniversaries there!

• Stayed June 2012