“The Mooring B&B, Cape May, NJ”
Review of Mooring B&B

Mooring B&B
Ranked #19 of 40 Cape May B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My wife and I took a rare, early season 3 day trip to Cape May, NJ over the Memorial Day weekend. Normally we go to Cape May in the fall but I felt we both needed to get away for a few days. I was a little hesitant about going over the holiday weekend what with the traffic on the Garden State Parkway but decided to risk it since we would be leaving on Sunday rather than Saturday. As I had hoped, the traffic was very light!

I wanted a new B&B to stay at so I searched Cape May.com again, looking at all of the B&B's we have never visited. I remembered " The Mooring" which is right next to "The Bedford Inn" (one of our favorites) and decided to check out their website. The outside of the house hides the treasures within! While the house looks nice on the outside, the inside is spectacular! I made a reservation to stay in the 1st floor room #1 right off the front porch. The room is decorated in multiples of blues and gold's that compliment each other. There is a Queen size bed and a day bed. The bathroom has been updated to include a shower rather than the usual claw foot tub. The room is nicely decorated in Victorian era furniture, artifacts and paintings.

The windows off the deck (there are 2 floor to ceiling doors/windows) look like stained glass but it is actually on overlay applied to the window panes. Still beautiful though!

Our host Vince, greeted us at the door when we arrived and my 1st impression was very good. He is a very happy gentleman who loves living in Cape May and owning/running the Mooring. He made us feel instantly welcome and gave us a quick rundown on the Mooring schedule for breakfast and afternoon tea and the B&B's amenities. Throughout our stay, we talked to Vince on different occasions about Cape May, the Mooring itself or the many fine restaurants in town. Based on his reviews, we actually tried out 2 new restaurants in town that we had never been to in the 15 years we have been going to Cape May. Both of them were excellent!

Later in our stay we met Leslie who is Vince's partner/co-owner of the Mooring. She is a lovely lady who makes outstanding breakfasts! Each day started with a selection of fresh fruit and some type of muffin or baked good followed by a full sit down breakfast! I never left the breakfast table anything other than completely satisfied!

When a room at the Mooring was empty, Vince would offer a tour of that room. We got to tour the 2nd room on the 1st floor and all of the rooms on the 2nd floor. All of the rooms are beautifully appointed and well taken care of. The inn is spotless! There is actually a 3rd floor, but because the rooms were occupied, we were not able to tour them.

I highly recommend "The Mooring" in Cape May and if you go, tell them Pat & Tony send their regards and will definitely be back to stay there again! You can check out their website via CapeMay.com or directly at http://www.themooring.com/.

Room Tip: Best tip I can give you is to look at all the rooms on the Mooring website to see what suits your li...
2  Thank ajsvoyager

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The breakfast blew me away. It's like the best brunch on a Sunday you've ever had, minus the 45 minute wait! Oh yeah, and it's also a meticulously clean, beautifully decorated, calm B&B one block to the beach. With parking. But did I mention how great the food was? Go there.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gone2vaca
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Owning a successful bed and breakfast is a labor of love. From our 4 night stay at the Mooring (room 16) it was obvious how much Leslie and Vince loved creating a fantastic experience for their guests. The room was serene and perfectly thought out. We loved reading at the window seat and coming back from bike rides to homemade cakes and cookies for afternoon tea. The breakfasts were the largest I've ever had at a B and B: my husband and I started to copycat the yogurt and fruit parfaits once we returned home. Leslie and Vince are warm, attentive, adventurous and smart. Vince grew up in Cape May, so he was a great resource for learning a bit about the history of the town and he and Leslie have scouted all the best restaurants in the area. If you're vacationing in Cape May, you should stay at the Mooring!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed in Room 2- comfy king bed, sitting area, kitchenette, small bathroom with claw foot tub, private entrance. The house was clean and nicely decorated to the period, the owners were very friendly and helpful. One block from the beach on a quiet street, walking distance to great shopping and dining. Private parking for most rooms, but plenty of street parking in this area. The breakfast food was wonderful and plentiful! Afternoon tea/snack provided as well. We had french toast with cinnamon and bananas one day and waffle with lemon whipped cream and blueberries another, breakfast also included fruits, yogurt, pastries, coffee/tea, juice, etc. And there was the option of an egg dish but the sweet options sounded so good each day! Check in was easy and the owner's procedures were easy to follow (no long speeches at check -in, they are organized, efficient, and friendly.. I've found some B&B owners to be very distrustful of their guests, but I felt welcome here!) They offer beach towels and an outdoor shower and foot wash, as well as a place to store your beach items. The street is quiet but close to all the things you'll want to do! Perfect Location!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at The Mooring for 3 nights in Room #6. Loved the room! Nice size, clean and decorated nicely, and very quiet. Had 3 awesome breakfasts and Vince was very accommodating. Short walk to the beach, shops, Washington St. and restaurants. Will definitely be returning! Had a great stay :)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My wife and I recently had a very enjoyable stay at The Mooring. The innkeepers, Leslie and Vince, were cordial and accommodating. The room was spacious and clean. The bathroom in our room was recently renovated and had modern fixtures. We didn't make afternoon tea, but enjoyed sitting on the specious front porch in the late afternoon. The breakfast was outstanding with a satisfactory diversity of selection. The inn is located near the center of town but a little away from some of the hustle and bustle. It's a short block from the beach. Great place.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

My husband just spent a wonderful weekend down in Cape May at the Mooring Bed and Breakfast. This is our second time staying at the Mooring and it just keeps getting better! The weather was not on our side but we made the best of it. The Inn is at a great location, so that made it easy for us to get around even in the rain. Vince, the host is wonderful! He is very helpful, very friendly and just so nice to sit down and talk to after coming back from a day of shopping! The room that we chose this time was a standard room, no television, and I was really surprised at how roomy it was. It was nice and had everything that we needed since we are never in the room. We love the breakfast at the Mooring, I loved the french toast, and my husband who is very simple loves that you can get to have a choice of simple scrambled eggs!
Overall we have been to a few bed and breakfast in Cape May and this is our favorite and the one we will keep coming back to!

Room Tip: Standard room without a tv is not a bad choice. Loved the size and really did not miss the tv at al...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple