“Relaxing Weekend”
Review of Mooring B&B

Mooring B&B
Ranked #19 of 40 Cape May B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 April 2007

After much research, I booked The Mooring for a two night stay. I was a little hesitant because my husband and I have never stayed at a B&B before. However, our experience was great. Lesile and Vince were so accomadating. We stayed in the Honeymoon suite, Room 2 which was great. The private entrance and deck area were a plus. The location was awesome, everything is within walking distance. I would recommend this B&B to those who are looking for a relaxing, quite get away.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 September 2006

We located the Mooring Inn after searching a number of different B&B online. My husband and I stayed 2 nights, Sept 18th and 19th. The innkeepers Leslie and Vincent were very nice and the orientation Leslie gave was warm and helpful. We were lucky to get the honeymoon suite, I will agree with what other reviewers had to say about the beds being hard, noisy and well...old. New beds would really have kicked this up to a perfect stay.
I would return to the Mooring again for sure, we had a wonderful stay. I highly recomment the Haunted Cape May walking tour. It was spooky, they brag to be the only authentic haunted tour in Cape May. I was impressed that they had evidence to back-up what they told us.
But back to the Mooring, it is close to everything! Give it a try!

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank NK18976
Reviewed 23 September 2006

We stayed at The Mooring on a Sunday night after Labor Day. The location is convenient and fairly quiet. It is clean and lacks that almost creepy, movie-set Victorian feel. The hallways are wonderfully spacious and the front porch is great. There is a refrigerator, microwave and stove for guests--along with stemware, corkscrews, cutlery, and dishes; this is convenient and a nice touch. The rooms lack any attempt at soundproofing and our mattress seemed to be of very poor quality. (Not lumpy or musty, but truly uncomfortable.) Breakfast was ok. I thought it was utilitarian compared to many breakfasts I have eaten--one kind of cereal, one kind of juice, commercial grade coffee, eggs, fruit (much of which wasn't well ripened), and fatty looking ham. Tea is served from 4 to 5 each day. We arrived at 5:05 and all evidence of the event was gone. We were not offered any local maps, dining advice, or other information; the brief "orientation" about locks and such was fine, but seemed almost tape recorded. Perhaps this was because we were only staying one night? All in all, The Mooring was ok. Compared to many other bed and breakfasts in Cape May, it is reasonably priced. The mattress issue would keep me from going back.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emilee l
Reviewed 5 September 2006

My boyfriend and I just came back from a stay at the Mooring, and found that the property was just perfect. We stayed in one of their economy rooms (room no. 4), and found that it was just what we were looking for. Although the room itself was a little long and narrow, we found that it still had enough space to accommodate our luggage with plenty of room. The property itself is very well maintained, and particularly clean! The included breakfasts were good, and included fresh fruit and cereal each morning, with an additional entree and accompanying breakfast meat made by the innkeeper. The location could not have been better - just a very short walk to the beach, and a nice 10 minute stroll into town. The parking situation, though, could be annoying in the busy seasons - the property has one less space than it has rooms, and three of the spaces are tandum in their driveway, meaning that, if another guest is behind you, you're stuck. Since they don't collect keys, they generally try to accommodate people during the breakfast time. Since the B&B wasn't full during our stay, we didn't run into a problem, but could see this as a potential downfall. Overall, we enjoyed our stay at the Mooring, and will consider it on our next visit to Cape May.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amush
Reviewed 31 July 2006

We are just back from a 3 night stay at The Mooring, and it is a delightful B&B. The location is super, just a very short walk to the beach and all of Cape May is close by. You won't ever have to take your car out of the driveway!!

The rooms are all different, all lovingly maintained in the Victorian era style that is so characteristic of Cape May. They serve a delicious breakfast. Vince is a great source of information on what to see and do. He will also give you great and honest advice about restaurants.

The front porch is a pleasure, lots of rocking chairs and a chance to sit and enjoy the scenery.

Cape May is a great vacation spot, you can be as busy or as lazy as you wish.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
1  Thank CenterMtraveler
Reviewed 27 July 2006

My wife and I stayed here in Early June. Can't say enough nice things about the Mooring. Leslie and Vince were great hosts.

Great location -one (very small) block from the beach. A short walk (~5-10 Minutes) to Washington Street Mall. I think the only day we drove during our 4 night stay was to visit the lighthouse.

Our room was very nice, clean and comfortable- we had one with the balcony and enjoyed our evenings on it.

Leslie's breakfasts were delicious and Vince had a number of great suggestions for restaurants in Cape May.

I've never felt so comfortable at a B&B, great value for the price, would definately like to stay there again when my wife and I return to Cape May.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SuedeMan
Reviewed 9 July 2006

First time stayed in Cape May. Nice town if you like the Victorian scenery. The Mooring is a great location for everything, from the shops on Washington Square mall to the restaurants in the area, down to the beach also. Breakfast was good and plentiful. Nice innekeepers. Only drawback was the lack of TV in the rooms. Only one room has a TV in the whole house, not even a TV in the parlor. When it rains, not much to do ( thank goodness for board games that they have available in the parlor). A must eat place is "Washington Inn" restaurant. Awesome food, worth the $$$$.

2  Thank advicegirl101