I am writing this review about a year after our stay, but it was such a wonderful experience i feel compelled to tell others. First of all i LOVE victorian style houses so Cape May was the perfect place for us to stay and the Queen Victoria lived up to our standards. We stayed in the Balmoral Room, which is in the Queens cottage building. This was a good choice for us as it provided the most privacy out of any of the other buildings. There are 4 rooms in this building 2 on the first floor and 2 on the top floor with separate entrances for each floor. We also had a private parking spot so we did not have to find parking elsewhere (it was off-season so parking was plentiful). We had a very cozy common room on the first floor with couches, books, magazines and a pantry area that was constantly kept stock of treats and drinks. We used the wine glasses, wine bucket and opener that were also available to us. Our room was perfect and cozy, the bathroom was spacious and included a 2-person whirlpool tube with towel warmer and separate stand-up shower. All services and ammenities included were perfect. The breakfast and afternoon tea had so many unique and tasty selections that it was difficult to just eat one dish. My boyfriend and I love tea so we tried the various flavors that were available, and loved how unique the flavors were. since we went off-season we had the pleasure of speaking with other guest and getting extra personal attention from the innkeepers. We were granted a tour of all four buildings by doug with other couples and he even explained to us a few ghost sighting that other guests had reported in some rooms. During our stay i believe 3 out of the 4 rooms in the Queens Cottage, where we stayed, were occupied. We did not see or hear any of the other guests throughout our stay, which was fantastic as we wanted a nice relaxing stay. I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast when in Cape May. We would like to go back in the future for their Murder Mystery Weekends!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Queen Victoria is Cape May's Premier bed and breakfast, located one block from the beach and just steps from dining, shops and entertainment. We are open every day of the year and offer special holiday packages and seasonal specials. The Queen Victoria is truly the ultimate Cape May experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Queen Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Queen Victoria Hotel Cape May
- The Queen Victoria Cape May, New Jersey