“60th Birthday Stay”
Review of The Queen Victoria

The Queen Victoria
Ranked #4 of 40 Cape May B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 May 2008

A friend who had stayed there before raved about it so she thought it would be fun for us to celebrate our 60th birthdays together there without husbands. The staff was incredible, the ammenities were wonderful and the food was delicious! The decor was beautiful and we were all made to feel like a big family. I plan to definitely go back again, this time with my husband. It was a terrific experience!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Queen Victoria

Reviewed 23 May 2008

For 22 years my wife and I have gone to Cape May. We have stayed at many places. This experience at the Queen Victoria was the best we ever had. The Inn Keepers were the best, and they made the stay a wonderful experience. I will suggest the Queen Victoria to anyone looking for a place in Cape May.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed 21 May 2008

We loved the room, very spacious and perfectly decorated with a gorgeous fireplace, and spa tub! We also had an entire wrap around porch to ourselves. The food served was amazing for breakfast and afternoon tea! We were also close to everything we wanted to do-sooo relaxing!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2008

We have been to a few bed and breakfasts in Cape May, but our favorite is The Queen Victoria. We have been there the past 3 Aprils for our anniversary. Doug and Anna Marie are the most gracious of hosts! The staff is always helpful and most pleasant.

The rooms are very charming and very comfortable. Refridgerators and safes are in each room. We try to stay in a different room each time we go, and Doug and Anna are always quite helpful in our picking a room out. Each room we have chosen has been a "10!"

The Queen Victoria is so centrally located in town that all you have to do is park your car and not visit it again until you leave.

The breakfasts are great. There is always a wonderful breakfast casserole, along with regular staples such as bagels, rolls and cereals. I highly recommend "The Queen's Oats."

Your visit to the Queen Victoria is one you will want to repeat on a regular basis!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2008

We had a delightful time during our stay at the Queen Victoria. What a beautiful B&B. The Staff is great and the owners are wonderful. I highly recommend for anyone who is going to visit Cape May to stay at the Queen Victoria. Thank you for a great vacation.

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed 17 April 2008

I have stayed in many B&B's in Cape May in the past, but this was my first time at the Queen Victoria. The original decision to stay there was honestly based on price and location. From the moment I arrived, my experience was a positive one. The owners, Doug and Anne Marie are incredibly hands-on and super-friendly. I remember I had stayed at one other place in the past and my first interaction with the owner of this B&B - which shall remain nameless - was him yelling at me for how big my car was and it wouldn't fit in the lot. So already, I'm on an upswing here. Upon checking in, I had informed the friendly lady working the desk that I had planned to spend some quality time in my room reading for the weekend, since I was there alone and it was the middle of January. Not much to do outdoors by myself. She let me know that there was room-refurbishing going on near the room I had originally booked and I might get some noise during the day. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, Doug, the owner, materialized. He had overheard my plans and had offered to move me to another building on the property (an upgrade at no additional cost) so that I wouldn't be disturbed during my long weekend of self-entertainment. They also gave me a choice of the rooms to pick from in the other building out of the ones that were still available for the 3 nights I had planned on staying. They didn't have to do that. But they did and I was incredibly impressed. Breakfast the next morning was delicious and once again, the owner Doug, was there. Talking to everyone, pouring coffee and just being a great host. This was the case each day. The room was comfortable (and quiet). They seem to have done renovations throughout the property. While keeping the original intent and charm of the room ... new, super-modern bathroom amenities seem to have been added. Each house on the property has a little pantry with free coffee, tea, water, juice, soda, etc that is available 24 hours a day to your liking. Afternoon tea each day was wonderful and offered another chance to meet some of the diverse guests staying there. And of course, the houses. Beautiful. And completely in keeping with the Victorian history and aesthetic of Cape May. This place is not in the Select Registry for nothing. My suggestion ... if you want a spectacular, comfortable, personal experience at a B&B in Cape May, off-season or in-season, go to the Queen Victoria. You won't be disappointed. And Doug and Anne-Marie McMain will definitely see to that ... personally.

• Stayed: January 2008
Reviewed 8 April 2008

We went to the Queen Victoria for our 30th anniversary get-a-way.
Our stay could not have been better. From check-in to check-out it was a great experience. This was our first stay at a B&B and I think we got spoiled by one of the best. We were greeted by Maria at check in and she showed us around and explained all the amenities. She was so gracious and made us feel welcome right off the bat. The housekeeping staff is outstanding although invisible. You never see them coming and going but everything is done twice a day and promptly. It is very evident that the owners Doug and Anna Marie love what they do. We enjoyed listening to their stories and recommendations each day. I could go on and on, but I won't. Just know that a stay here will be wonderful in all aspects!!!

Michelle & Mike Scherer