“The Queen Victoria, a Cape May diamond”
Review of The Queen Victoria

The Queen Victoria
Ranked #3 of 39 Cape May B&B and Inns
New Jersey
“The Queen Victoria, a Cape May diamond”
Reviewed 16 March 2007

The wonderful Innkeepers and spectacular rooms at The Queen Victoria exceeded our expectations. To celebrate my 40th birthday we stayed in the sensational Crown Jewel and it was worth every penny. From the whirlpool tub and gas stove in the bedroom upstairs (my favorite) to the built-in plasma TV above a tranquil fireplace downstairs (my husbands favorite), this room met our every comfort. The mini kitchen with coffeemaker and refrigerator stocked with beverages was great to have on hand to enjoy a cup of coffee while leisurely lounging in your rope to greet the morning sun or a late night snack before retiring to the amazing king size bed which was like sleeping on a cloud but, don't miss the delicious homemade breakfasts which were in of themselves worth the trip to South Jersey. Having our own entry gave us the option to be as social or private as we wanted. All of the buildings and rooms are top notch and are centrally located for relaxing walks to the beach and quaint shops in minutes. Our attentive Innkeeper Doug suggested the perfect places to dine and sight see for our romantic weekend away. We were thrilled with our find and will continue to choose The Queen Victoria as our Cape May retreat.

• Liked — The amazing accomodations!
  • Disliked — Our maid service was good put not perfect.
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 February 2007

The Queen Victoria Bed and Breakfast is a wonderful and relaxing place to visit. Doug and Annamarie, your innkeepers and their wonderful staff create a warm and cozy environment with personal attention to each and every guest.
Whether it is enjoying great conversation and good homemade food at one of their breakfast tables, or a delicious afternoon tea complimented with their favorite homemade candies and cakes, or relaxing in your tastefully decorated victorain room or suite, that we enjoy complimented with a fireplace, you just totally relax and feel like a very special guest.
Their are many different guest rooms or suites you can chose from in their 4 buildings. One of our favorite spots is the porch swing. We love just sitting there, enjoying the atmosphere of the quaint neighborhood with the gas lit street lights, and beautiful architecture.
You are only a block from Cape May's beautiful beach and you can always count on Doug and Annamarie to give great dinner suggestions, that we are never disappointed in.
So if you want to enjoy a breath of fresh air, even in the cold winter months come to the Queen Victoria Bed and Breakfast. We guarantee you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank k.c.boundeBentley
PA
Reviewed 1 February 2007

Our stay at the Queen Victoria Inn (Jan 26-28, 2007)

Mike and I just got back from the most wonderful weekend! The weekend at the Queen Victoria was a Christmas present for me from Mike. He truly topped all other gifts ever. Life was getting in the way of us spending time together and he knew my love for B & Bs so he surprised me with this gift. He had never been to a B & B before so I was excited to share such a passion with him.

From the moment we arrived we were greeted with such enthusiasm. The Osborne room was the perfect private retreat for us to start our weekend. We arrived in time for tea on the coldest day of the year.

Doug shared so many great stories about his experience as an innkeeper and some of his favorite recipes!! The apple crisp was out of this world!!!! We unfortunately did not get to meet Anna Marie as she was under the weather. I hope she is doing much better now.

Breakfast was so comforting and delicious. I could go on and on forever but just know that we will be back REAL soon.

By the way, MIKE LOVED his first stay at a B & B, but I have to say all other inns have a tough lead to follow.

Thanks so much for the wonderful experience!!!

Best Regards,
Mike and Christa
Lansdale, PA

Stayed February 2007
NJ
Reviewed 31 January 2007

This was our first time staying in a bed and breakfast and if the Queen Victoria is an example of all bed and breakfasts then my husband and I will never be staying in a hotel again. The inn is beautiful, the people were wonderful and the breakfast buffet was delicious. We look forward to our next stay there.

• Stayed January 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank deirdre85
PA
Reviewed 31 January 2007

My husband I stayed at the Queen Victoria for the first time in January. We were pleased with the everything from the room to the food. Doug was very helpful and easy to talk to. The people we met were also very nice. I will definitly be staying there again on our next trip to Cape May. Many thanks!

• Liked — Hospitality, room and food
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank overbowpa
New Jersey Traveler
Reviewed 29 January 2007

Strange how something gets started......I was on the Mid Atlantic newsletter looking for a place for my wife & I for our annual mid january getaway. I went online and looked at B & B's over & over and kept coming back to the Queen Victoria. But the cost??? THE COST?? Each time I went in another direction. I priced 7 different places and then.......I had to know! I called the queen Victoria and to my Amazement, The nicest young lady answered ALL my questions...helped me find a ground level room, and gave me a rate MORE then comparable with the others. I booked it immediately and paid it the same day!! We were treated just as we wanted to be!! No one bothering us, giving us a quick tour and leaving us to explore, offering us a helpful ear if we needed it!! The room/suite, the OSBOURNE was nothing short of BREATHTAKING!! The sunken tub & fireplace made us question why not stay longer? ( Which next year we will )!! Why not come back more often?? ( We are talking about November or December as a SECOND trip a year! ) And the dinner they gave us ( A gift certificate to Peter Shields ) was generous and appreciated and BONUS TIME......we had a TREMENDOUS dinner at Peter Shields!!
It was to say the least, a MEMORABLE experience. And before you think I'm related to the owners, Allow me to say... I NEVER MET THEM!!! Didn't see them when we checked in or left!! Now as Paul Harvey says......the REST of the story.........I AM one of the hardest people to please!! My wife says I lead the state in complaining!! Not here!! No Complaints!! Thank You one & all at the Queen Victoria for your kindness, your hospitality and just for being in business!! I OOPS....WE can't wait to come back!!! Sincerely.....Nancy & Howard CRAMER

Stayed January 2007
1 Thank acracecaller
New Jersy
Reviewed 28 January 2007

Wow! Does not begin to describe our stay at the Queen Victoria. It was a fantastic stay from beginning to end. We stayed in the Knightsbridge room which is located next to the roof deck. It was clean and very quiet. The bathroom was large with ample counter space for toiletries. FYI-the tub fits 2 adults very nicely. Our breakfast was scrumptous with plenty of options for everyones diet. When we returned to our room it was already cleaned -which was a pleasant surprise. The afternoon tea was delicious as well. We had ours by the fireplace-while it was snowing outside(cozy). The staff were very courteous and accomidating. But what really made our stay great were the owners Doug and Anna Marie. They both added a personal touch that went above and beyond our expectations. They know Cape May and recommended a place for dinner (Frida's Cafe) that was outstanding. We have been comming to Cape May for many years and have stayed at many B&B's but nothing compared to the value, comfort and care we received (even off season) at the Queen Victoria. We will never stay anywhere but here for our future trips. * Take home a jar of the homemade strawberry jam-it was so good we ate ours in 2 days!

Stayed January 2007