“Still love the Saltwood!”
Review of Saltwood House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Saltwood House
Ranked #15 of 40 Cape May B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 August 2012

We just stayed for a week at the Saltwood for the 3rd consecutive summer (we've been there twice offseason, too), and it's still tops in every category for me. We booked for next year too, as the Saltwood has become a tradition for us. Cape May, the beach, the Saltwood, Don and Erik, the restaurants, the shopping... have all created such sweet summertime memories for us and we will keep coming back!

1  Thank Vacashen

Reviewed 17 August 2012

My partner & went to the Saltwood House for the first time in 2010 & have been going back every since (twice each year). We just got back from a 6 day stay & I would not think of staying anywhere else in the area. Everything about it is the same; it is STILL immaculate (including the beach chairs & towels that are provided); breakfast is STILL absolutely delicious; Don & Erik are STILL wonderful, if not more. (you can see my original review 8/15/2010). If you are lucky enough to get a reservation here, you won't be sorry. The only problem is you won't want to stay anywhere else if you are not lucky enuf to be able to get a reservation here for your next stay.

2  Thank SweetPea56
Reviewed 9 August 2012

have stayed at many b&b's......ranks at the top.....A+.....love the location....close to everything.......don and erik are great hosts....and cape may as usual is the perfect seaside resort.....great for history buffs

1  Thank james b
Reviewed 31 July 2012

The Saltwood was the perfect spot for our family vacation. My wife, 2 daughters and I spent a wonderful 4 nights with Don ad Erik and we can't imagine it could have been more enjoyable. Don and Erik provided the best level of service...everything we asked for yet they allowed us our privacy and family time. We stayed on the 3rd floor where we had 2 bedrooms and a sitting room. The bathroom was split into two rooms with the toilet and shower in a room and the double sink in another so getting ready with 4 of us was a breeze. The rooms were beautifully appointed and very comfortable. Breakfast each morning was delicious and we really enjoyed the time with the other guests. A half block walk to the beach and less than a block from the shopping. My girls were in heaven in either direction. Cape May was a fabulous vacation spot and the Saltwood the perfect home away from home. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank BMermel
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Saltwood House made me fall in love with Cape May. It is immaculate and very tastefully decorated with antiques of the period. We had the entire third floor and could have stayed for weeks. Close to the beach and all the shops. Don and Eric try to provide for your every need. Can't wait to get back here.

Room Tip: The third floor suite has two large bedrooms and a large sitting room so it is perfect for families.
2  Thank QueenBlue
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I would highly recommend the Saltwood House! We have stayed there three times and just booked our vacation again there for next year. Don and Eric are wonderful hosts. The rooms are very comfortable and clean and the home cooked breakfast is always delicious! There is on site parking and the beach and all of the shops and restaurants are all within walking distance. The upstairs suite is very spacious.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

Cape May has always been magical for me – ever since my friend, Ruth discovered this GEM OF THE SHORE over 18 years ago and told me about it. I have been IN LOVE with Cape May ever since!
My other wonderful discovery was the SALTWOOD HOUSE on Jackson Street, discovered by my sister and best friend, Dale, over 8 years ago.
My sisters Dale, Holly, and I have been coming back ever since.
The SALTWOOD HOUSE is the GEM OF CAPE MAY! We love the comfortable rooms (over the years, I have stayed in all of them), inviting porch with comfortable rockers, beyond delicious breakfasts each morning, closeness to the beach – ½ block walk…. and, as we are getting older, we appreciate it so much more! Don even provides chairs and towels so we don’t to schlep ours from home.
But way beyond all of these wonderful things is the hospitality and friendliness of Erik and Don.
Coming to the Saltwood every summer is like visiting family. Don and Erik make us feel like the Saltwood is our home.
We booked next summer already with our returning Saltwood Family # 1 and # 2. Look for a “surprise” on Jackson Street!
Heartstone ♥

Room Tip: Most rooms have a view of the ocean Close to the beach - 1/2 block Rooms are comfortable and immac...
2  Thank heartstone