Victorian Lace Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Cape May
See available hotels
Camelot Motel(Cape May)
Hotel Macomber(Cape May)
Jetty Motel(Cape May)
Heritage Inn(Cape May)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewssouthwest omeletsweet delightsb bgracious hostsquichefresh fruitwalking distance to everythingmany yearsowners and staffbed and breakfastfrench toastfeel right at homecarrieporchcaperetreat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Our visit to the Victorian Lace Inn was outstanding!! This was our first time staying at a B&B so we weren't sure what to expect. Our stay far surpassed our expectations! We stayed in the Cork Suite, we were celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary so we decided to treat ourselves. It was well worth it! The Suite was spacious, CLEAN, and had all of the amenties to make our stay comfortable and pleasant. The Innkeepers and Staff were very friendly and welcoming!! Since we were staying during the off season the Innkeepers even called various restaurants to make sure they were open and were very helpful with their restaurant recommendations, we ate at Lucky Bones, The Mad Batter and the Ugly Mug, all of the which were delicious and we would have never known about them without the help of the Innkeepers. The breakfasts were delicious and filling and a great start to our days. We had such a nice time celebrating our anniversary and can't wait to come back down to Cape May! We cant say enough about our stay, we had such a great time! "5 Stars" all the way! Thanks again!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jackie C
609-884-1772, Owner at Victorian Lace Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for the wonderful review. It is very important to us that our guests find our Inn enjoyable and our staff appreciates that you found everything 5 star! Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I stayed at this Inn a couple weeks ago with my friend. The Inn is very clean, and we had absolutely no complaints about our room. The breakfast was delicious each morning. I have read other comments about guests making coffee in the kitchen, but we were not shown this feature, or where it was. We also were not shown any common rooms, maybe there aren't any. Overall, we enjoyed our stay, but felt it lacked the overal B&B charm.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
609-884-1772, Owner at Victorian Lace Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Thank you for your comments. We are so glad that you enjoyed your room and the breakfast each morning. We are basically an all suite Inn and we do have one guest room, the Donegal room which is where I think you stayed. Our suites all have kitchenettes with coffee makers. All guests are welcome to come down early (7:30 or later) to the main kitchen when breakfast is being prepared to grab a cup of coffee. The public spaces of our Inn are the foyer, our parlor, and the dining room. Perhaps since we were still serving breakfast on our popular front porch, you were not shown the parlor and the dining room and if that was the case, we certainly apologize. Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts. We take our reviews quite seriously and do our best to address all issues raised.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Our visit to Victorian Lace Inn was exceptional. We had never stayed at a Bed and Breakfast so when we noticed that Victorian Lace Inn had 2 designated pet friendly rooms we decided to try it out. WOW! Fantastic! Awesome! The accommodation was perfect, with a private entrance and a separate, fenced in patio. Perfect, perfect, perfect. The room was very clean with a king size bed, sitting area, kitchenette, fireplace and all the amenities listed on their website. When we arrived we immediately felt like family. We arrived a little bit earlier than the arrival time of 2:00 p.m., however, Carrie (owner) and her staff quickly finished preparing the suite and within 30 minutes we were settled in. The staff couldn’t have been nicer. Each morning we enjoyed a wonderful breakfast served on the veranda. The food was most enjoyable, as was the mid-afternoon treat. Carrie and her husband, Andy, greet everyone at breakfast. For them it is important that everyone enjoyed their breakfast, their stay and Cape May. Victorian Lace Inn also provided beach towels and chairs for our convenience, which was extremely helpful on the days that we spent time on the beach. When we left, to return home, it was like leaving the home of a well-loved relative. Our dog, Suzy, also, enjoyed her visit. She was on her best behavior and remembered the rules. We all had a wonderful time and we look forward to our next visit to the Victorian Lace Inn.
We would highly recommend Victorian Lace Inn when you stay in Cape May, NJ.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
609-884-1772, Owner at Victorian Lace Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us because we sure enjoyed having you! It was delightful to chat with you and Dave and loved meeting your son, daughter-in-law and grandchildren. We are glad that you chose Victorian Lace Inn for your Cape May visit and also pleased that Suzy enjoyed her stay as well. She is a sweet girl and we look forward to seeing you all again.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Only had two days for a get-a-way, but the Victorian Lace Inn was a wonderful choice for me and my fur-child (a well-behaved flatcoated retriever). The Inn now has 2 accommodations for pets, and the one I stayed in (Seabee) was the size of a comfortable efficiency apartment, with our own private patio. Everything was spotlessly clean, with modern conveniences - and located a short block to a very active section (restaurants and shops) of Ocean Drive . I can't say enough good things about the Inn's owners and staff. They are friendly, helpful and responsive. They made a delicious breakfast and when they learned I had dietary restrictions, prepared a special plate for me. In addition, I forgot something in the room, and when I called to see if it was still there, they apologized for not getting a hold of me before I phoned. Two days later, my forgotten item was in my mailbox - at their expense, even though I offered to pay postage. The only slightly critical comment is parking - there is none on premises, but I imagine this is the case for most of the B&Bs in Cape May. Even in this matter, the staff explained the best place to look for secure and free parking. I ended up lucky with a space across the street, but there seemed to be ample spaces on the neighboring streets. Wish I had had more time this trip, but I know where the pup and I'll be staying next time I escape to Cape May.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SantoD6

Thank you for writing a review. It was a pleasure having you and your beautiful dog stay with us and happy that the Seabee's room worked well for you. Unfortunately, it was a short visit but we hope that you both will come back and visit soon. We love having well behaved dogs stay with us and yours is a gem!

Reviewed 20 July 2013

Victorian Lace is a great inn 2 blocks from beach in Cape May, 5 blocks from Washington St. Mall. Very convenient to all. Nice inn-keepers, great breakfast each day. Visited for a girlfriends' weekend and we had entire third floor (Wicklow Suite plus the other room). Full kitchenette was a big plus. Only small minuses - the wicker furniture in suite was not comfortable for hanging out together in the evenings; many Cape May B&B lend guests full season beach tags - this isn't one of them, we all had to purchase beach tags which were $5/day or $10/3 days per person. Would definitely stay again. Highly recommend Union Park, 1.5 block walk, for dinner.

Room Tip: All are suites - since no elevator, avoid 3rd floor if have mobility issues.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
609-884-1772, Owner at Victorian Lace Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We love accommodating "Girlfirends Getaways" because the groups always have so much fun together. All of our suites are furnished differently and Wicklow does have the wicker furniture which I must admit is not as comfortable as the overstuffed leather couch and club chairs in the Leitrim Suite. With regard to beach tags, we used to have beach tags available for our guests to use. However, about 8 to 10 years ago the City of Cape May passed an ordinance prohibiting that practice because the city was not getting enough revenue to clean the beaches, pay lifeguards,etc. So, reluctantly, in order to abide by the City law, we no longer offer that amenity. Thank you for posting a review for us. We always appreciate guest feedback and we do hope to see you all back again for another visit.