“Perfect place to enjoy the Victorian experience”
Review of Victorian Lace Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Victorian Lace Inn
Ranked #22 of 40 Cape May B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 January 2010

Our first visit to The Victorian Lace Inn was to see Cape May; we now come to Cape May to stay at the Victorian Lace Inn. We first came to the Inn in 1999 and have been back many times since and have never felt the desire to try any other B&B. Upon arriving we have always been welcomed by the owner ,Carrie, or one of her staff. Our choice of rooms has always been the Leitrim Suite as we enjoy the fireplace on cool evenings along with our own private deck. Their website accurately describes the room which has always been found to be impeccably clean as is the entire Inn. We look forward to a delicious homemade breakfast prepared in house by the staff and have brought home a recipe or two over the years. Both Debbie and Nicole, house staff, have helped us choose restaurants, advised us of current activities, and have been on call for any situations that may arise and are very friendly and personable. As a carpenter/ contractor I especially enjoy the woodwork and period architecture of the Inn. I also appreciate the effort by the owners,Carrie and Andy,to keep the Inn in good repair without compromising the original architecture. If you would like a warm, comfortable ,friendly Victorian experience you won't be disappointed.
Satisfied guests, Jeff and Wendy

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 December 2009

The Inn was fantastic. Debra's service was amazing and the room/inn was beautiful. Also, the location was great, walking distance from everything.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2009

Just returned from a quick winter trip to Cape May. From the moment we arrived, we were greeted with warmth and offered a smiling welcome as we chatted over homemade cookies and tea. Wife and I stayed in the extremely spacious Leitrim Suite. This huge space can sleep up to 6 people in the three rooms. Comfy King bed with Ocean Views gave me a wonderful surprise Sunrise from bed! There is also a gas fireplace for warmth/ambiance. This King Bedroom has a small doorway leading to a rooftop paradise which matches the space of the wrap-around porch below and comes with two reclining chairs and great views of the Ocean and area activity. While temps were fairly warm for our late-November stay, I can envision much more use of this area in warmer months.

The living area sports a leather sofa (with pull-out bed) as well as two very comfortable leather chairs and is accented with a second gas-fireplace.

The kitchen has all the space and conveniences of home and a small table for two.

The extra bedroom is roomy and has a full-sized bed. Since it was just the two of us we didn't utilize this space on our trip.

The bathroom is small but I don't choose a vacation spot based on bathroom size. It was ample room for one person at a time or two if you don't mind showering with company!

Overall the Suite was tastefully decorated, well lit, roomy and comfortable.

The house itself was also beautiful and tastefully decorated.

Breakfast was homemade with care and was quite tasty. My wife as well as others joyfully took home the recipe for our egg dish. While the coffee was high-test and required a bit of sweetened lightening for my taste, it was certainly effective!

We had a great experience and wish we could have stayed longer. We both highly recommend Victorian Lace Inn for any season and plan to return.

Reviewed 22 November 2009

My wife and I have been staying at the Victorian Lace Inn for many years. I think we have stayed in about every room they have and it has always been perfect. It is like a home away from home. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the food is excellent. We look forward to coming every year, and have been coming more often each year.

They also have a great spa that we also frequent on our trips.

Reviewed 17 November 2009

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at the Victorian Lace Inn. The innkeeper Debra made us feel right at home and just was wonderful to both of us. We were walking distance to everything and only a block from the beach. It's a very clean place to stay and I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed 10 November 2009

I surprised my husband for our anniversary. Along with the Cape May Jazz Festival.

We had four wonderful, sunny days. Our stay was great. We stayed in the Bantry Cottage which was awesome to have our little private cottage. Debbie and Nicole were just wonderful making sure we were comfortable and if we needed anything they were there to help. The breakfast in the mornings were awesome. All i can say is the Victorian Lace Inn is tops on my list. WE will go back and I highly recommend staying at the Inn. I will plan a weekend with just my daughters and i when they finish with college in the spring. Linda

Reviewed 1 November 2009

The Victorian Lace Inn was exactly what we were looking for. The ambiance is Victorian and comfortable. We enjoyed every minute. Deborah and Nicole took good care of us and attended to our every need. The breakfasts were supurb with recipies to take home. Don't miss the afternoon snacks, either. If you are looking for comfort, atmosphere, and great personl service -- the Victorina Lace Inn is just the place for you.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple