See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 September 2011

White Dove Cottage is in the midst of Cape May's Victorian section. Thus the setting is great. The beach and restaurants are within 5 minutes walk. The Inn (or B&B) is nicely furnished, breakfasts are very creative, dogs are welcome, parking is available, and the price is right. A terrific porch with rocking chairs faces the street; one can sit for hours looking at the great Victorian facades and watch Cape May visitors walk by.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChuckNYC
Reviewed 23 June 2011

My friends & I stayed here for the fifth straight year during our women's weekend away and had a wonderful time as usual. Alison and Joan, the innkeepers, always go out of their way to provide a comfy, relaxing getaway. This year Alison even cooked me a special main dish to accommodate my no-carb diet when everyone else had delicious-looking stuffed French toast. The breakfasts are always ample & very yummy, with a fresh fruit first course, a choice of juices, and often homemade muffins or other sweet bread, in addition to the main course. Afternoon tea--either hot or iced depending on the weather--is served with a sweet or savory treat around four, and we never miss it.

The location on Hughes Street, a quiet, pretty, one-way street, is very central and an easy walk to everything, like the shops, the beach and the restaurants. We love the on-site parking, porch rockers and the true Victorian atmosphere and can't wait till next year.

Room Tip: Convenient guest fridge in 2nd fl. hall
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Maineyankee52
Reviewed 4 July 2010

My husband and I went to Cape May to recuperate from a busy year. We had stayed in other B & B's, in many other places as well as in Cape May, but this one was by far the most enjoyable. White Dove Cottage is not huge and impersonal, but quite pretty and very well situated on a quiet gaslit street. The beach and mall are an easy walk which makes morning power walks an easy activity as you work up an appetite for breakfast. The accommodations are attractive, comfortable and like a second home (without the housework!). The breakfasts are among the best I have ever eaten and I am already missing them. Alison was friendly and knowledgeable without being intrusive. We appreciated her advice on places to go, where to rent bikes, etc. We have no hesitation in recommending this place to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jbdj
Reviewed 17 May 2010

This particular B&B was at one time associated with my husband's family. We thought we'd stay there once as a touchstone then never again. Now, I'm not sure we'd ever stay anywhere else!
We were in the Princess Jillian room with a King bed. The space was ample and we lacked for nothing in terms of accommodation. We simply couldn't have been more comfortable. Coffee and breakfast in the morning was never less than special. This was our favorite, conversing with Alison Bjork, and on our last day, her mother Joan about Cape May, its history and the house. We spent our days exploring the town and surrounding area. Dinner recommendations were always spot on. We finished each evening relaxing in the sitting room for a time. Had the weather been warmer we would have been hard to dislodge from the front porch. An overall exceptional experience.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rorey
Reviewed 10 September 2009

This B and B was the ultimate get away experience for us! Wonderful location, beautiful appointments, helpful, informed owners, and the FOOD....beyond compare!!!!! I would definitely return, again and again!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple