“Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend”
Review of Congress Hall

Congress Hall
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I titled this review "Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend" because I view Congress Hall Hotel, its owner and many staff as friends. I am a local but every opportunity I have to share Congress Hall Hotel and its sister properties (especially the cottages) with family and friends, I do. I have rented the Virginia Cottages (a sister property to Congress Hall) for several events, including holidays, a wedding (cousin had her wedding at Congress Hall) and just for a Girlfriends Getaway with 12 of my friends in Cool Cape May. We had a blast! But, Congress Hall in particular is one of the most beautiful hotels at the Jersey Shore. I may be a little biased because I used to work as a sales manager for the property, but I believe my opinion is an honest one, and I'd like to think that my former clients are still returning to enjoy this bright shining diamond on the beach. Kudos to you Curtis Bashaw, Patrick Logue and John Daily and a team of people who truly get what travelers want to experience and enjoy while they are vacationing away from home i.e. comfortable and luxurious bedding, friendly and courteous staff, delicous food, great drinks, lively entertainment, an inviting pool, shopping and spa. What more can a girl or anyone for that matter ask from a friend? 10 Carat Diamonds don't disappoint!

Room Tip: Any room as Congress Hall is a room you will enjoy! My tip is to bring someone special to share it...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank CherSpaulding1
Write a ReviewReviews (1,205)

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

The first time I stayed here was for the ocean drive 10 mile run a couple of years ago. I only booked it because they were a host hotel and located at the start line. What a great accidental find. You could spend a weekend here even if the weather was bad and have an amazing time. The restaurant and the lounge are both worth checking out.
The rooms aren't all that big, but so clean you could eat off the floors. It's not the cheapest place to stay in Cape May but I won't stay anywhere else again, and we've been to a few others. It is absolutely worth the few extra $$.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank mmac0727
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We visited Cape May for a wedding and chose Congress as the wedding reception was also there. We had a room on the top (4th) floor with direct views of the ocean which was lovely, and a very comfortable king bed. The bathroom was also spacious, with a slightly wonky floor that added to the character.

It was a lovely venue for a wedding with cocktail hour being on the lawn, again overlooking the ocean. After the wedding we went down to The Boiler Room and thoroughly enjoyed the live band. We ordered room service which was also delicious, and breakfast in bed with a carafe of mimosa was a fabulous way to start the day!

When we returned home my husband realized he had left some of his clothes in a drawer in the hotel room The hotel responded quickly and mailed them back to us in a timely manner. I was impressed with this good customer service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ciara N
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I am in the hotel business and while I am writing this review late, it was a totally great stay. This place has a few things other hotels in the US don't have. 1. History, it was built in 1814. It's housed presidents, governors, etc.
2. Class. The pics do not do it justice.
3. Management, this place is run better than any hotel I've been around. Working with a new staff every year and keeping or training 5 star, 5 diamond quality is terrific.
4.location, it is in a great local on the beach and just great!!

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 29 May 2014

What isn't to love about Congress Hall. Something about this place draws my husband and I there anytime we feel the need to just getaway for a few nights. I love sitting by the pool or renting a chair and umbrella on the beach. Walking in town is always a treat. The place is just charming!

Room Tip: Book early! Stay on right wing away from banquet room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel has a ton of charm, bright rooms and a historic feel. The location is great and an easy walk to the beach and shopping. The rooms, while pretty, don't offer much in peace and quiet, but are decorated simply and beautifully.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank jennifer821
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Booked a night in Congress Hall. We were lucky to get ocean front king bed on the 400 level. The room was clean, simple and beautiful. Bed was great, sheets and pillows were even better. It was the perfect getaway. Walk to great restaurants, Tisha's to be exact. Great shopping and ice cream right across the street. I also like the free parking they offered. Valet will keep car all day if you check out at 12:00. You can stay formthe whole day with great parking across from beach. I really enjoyed the visit and will go again. Very relaxing.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean front!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple