Congress Hall
Jetty Motel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$204
US$171
Madison Avenue Beach Club Motel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$132
Bedford Inn(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$269
US$256
Carroll Villa Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$260
Ocean Club Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$253
La Mer Beachfront Inn(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$227
The Grand Hotel(Cape May)
US$189
Montreal Beach Resort(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$245
Orbitz.com
Wilbraham Mansion(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$290
US$262
Agoda.com
Elaine's Bed & Breakfast Inn(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$205
1,224 results
All reviewsbrown roomblue pigadirondack chairstown viewhistorical hoteloff seasonocean viewadult poolwinter wonderlandbeach servicebeautiful propertyper nightacross the streetturn down serviceking roomfourth floorlarge bathroom
Reviewed 20 March 2007

We stayed to view CH for our possible wedding. I have to begin by saying it is beautiful, it reminds me of a hotel that would be in the Great Gatsby and overall, the site is gorgeous. I love the hotel rooms, they were detailed with stars and a shade of light blue that was so serene. The area is lovely, plenty of places to eat and there is a lovely lounge that you can hang out in and read, have a drink or late at night the Brown room is very cool to get in a little dancing.

I have to say, why I am not having my wedding here is because fo the staff. As another reviewer stated perfectly, they weren't rude but "indifferent". We were not treated very nicely by certain folks, in particular, the valets. The front staff was better and it depends on who would have helped you but there was something I couldn't put my fineger on, sort of like someone staring straight at you but not at you.

Even after touring w/ the site manager and she introduced as possible bride and grroom for the hotel, the employees still managed to make us feel uncomfortable.

It was as we were interrupting their time at work. After 2 days of this "hospitality" we told CH we changed our minds and will host our wedding elsewhere.

Now it wasnt a bad place to stay, it was lovely but if you are looking for just that and not a lot of help from CH staff then stay here, you will feel like you entered the swinging 40's. And def. take a bike rental and tour the area.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
11  Thank abomb26
Reviewed 7 February 2007

After 40+ yrs at the Jersey shore & seeing CH crumbling, I finally had the opportunity to stay there. Gorgeous, large rooms, fabulous bathroom, reminiscent of turn of the century furnishings, and incredibly comfortable, soft beds & bedding. Would like to have a coffee pot in the room, though. The public rooms are charming (biggest Christmas tree I ever saw!), shopping is lovely, and the fireplace bar fabulous. The Boiler Room has an old New York lounge-y feeling, with live music and even livelier people. Loved it, loved it, loved it. I will be back!

• Stayed: December 2005, travelled with friends
3  Thank patzona
Reviewed 5 January 2007

Loved the hotel and its restaurant, The Blue Pig. The hotel and Cape May has a lot of history. The only drawback was the slanted floor in the hotel. The hotel had good maid service. The location was great. It was across from the Village and restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Harrberl
Reviewed 13 December 2006

I stayed at the hotel with my mother in a seaside room to write an article for a travel magazine. The rooms were all blues, whites, and light colors, with touches of orange and red. Very coastal. You could smell the water in your room, which is great. I had a seaside view, which I would recommend. One thing, my iPOd was taken from my room. I was upset but I got over it. The hotel is the perfect location to explore the area, with many of the shops right next door and even inside the hotel. I was especially impressed by the decor. It was very sophisticated and colonial, with a hip edge. I was very pleasantly surprised since I don't go in for the Victorian charms as much. All in all, a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank TravelWriterNYC
Reviewed 10 November 2006

We spent last Saturday night at Congress Hall on a spur of the moment trip down to Cape May with friends. Lovely old - historic - hotel that unfortunately was overrun with wedding guests, making it a lot less peaceful that it otherwise could have been. We stayed in an ocean front room with a king sized bed on the fourth floor and, while it was nice, it didn't quite have the 'WOW' factor that we'd been hoping for (in fact, I double-checked to make sure that they'd put us in the right class of room). That said, however, we really didn't have any complaints. The bathroom was small but well equipped, the beds were comfy with lots of down pillows, we, fortunately, weren't impacted by any noise from the wedding party downstairs. ..and they gave us a Sunday Times in the morning. Pretty nice! The pictures posted on Trip Advisor accurately reflect the rooms/hotel as we experienced it.

As you'll also see from pictures, Congress Hall is a fairly large hotel with great porches and rocking chairs, nice lounges (unfortunately jammed with people when we were there) and it's fabulously located. We found the staff to be most helpful and attentive. We had dinner Saturday night at Ebbitt House in the sister hotel, the Virginian and it was very, very good. Breakfast at the Congress Hall on Sunday was also delightful (blueberry pecan french toast made with brioche).

Would we stay there again? Yes, although we might try to find something a bit more quiet.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with friends