“Great location, but dated facilities”
Review of Heritage Inn

Heritage Inn
Ranked #10 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Reviewed 29 September 2013

This hotel was listed as a 3 star hotel. I would rate it as a 2 star hotel. The location is great. You can walk to all the tourist destinations - shopping, eating, beach, ... The staff is fairly friendly. However, the room was definitely dated. There was no phone, no clock, no hand towels, no shampoo (I was told to go to a nearby store when I inquired about shampoo at the office.) The TV was very small and old. The room was noisy - the air conditioner made lots of noise every time it came on, and we could hear our neighbors walking, talking, and getting in and out of bed. The parking lot is about a block away. I would find another place to stay next time I visit Cape May.

Room Tip: I would go somewhere else.
4  Thank Virginia Y

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I have been staying at the Heritage Inn for the last four years with my family. It is located within walking distance of Washington Street and is directly across from the beach. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. We have thoroughly enjoyed our stay each year!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Lauram0530
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at The Heritage Inn. Loved location across from Boardwalk & beaches and helpful Inn-keepers -- Gwenn and Barbara. Emma kept our room nice and clean with everything we needed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We had a wonderful week with our stay at Heritage Inn and the title of my review says it all. Our hosts were most accommodating making sure we were at ease. The Inn is close to everything Cape May has to offer and I would recommend Heritage to anyone thinking about booking there.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow if you want something soft
Reviewed 22 September 2013

The claim made by Heritage Inn of having an ocean view is dishonest. The Cape May Convention Center, right across the street, makes almost any ocean view from the Heritage impossible. Additionally, the room we stayed in had an outdoor stairway in front of the window that obstructed almost any view at all. The room itself was depressing, with little natural light. We stayed there on September 16. Though we paid for 3 nights, we checked out after 1. Because my wife was sick most of the night, we were given a 2 night credit to use before the end of the year. They have a no refund policy! The beds were very uncomfortable; the mattress sounded like it was stuffed with straw! Certainly their location was close to many things, but if you truly want an ocean view, you should consider a block or two north (or south) of the Heritage.

8  Thank assybish
Gwen F, General Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

False advertising? I think not. It is crystal clear that your issue is not with the hotel but with the fact that I issued a credit to you for a return stay due to your wife's bout with food poisoning as you stated. I thought it was generous of us to issue a credit for "food poisoning" when we do have a no refund policy. I issued a credit because I believed your story and felt badly for your wife. Additionally, I am baffled at your dislike of our location and the views as it is contrary to the other few hundred reviews that love our location.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

We stayed Sept. 14th - 17th. This was our THIRD stay this year at The Heritage Inn, and as usual we were very pleased and had a wonderful time! There's no place else we'd rather stay in Cape May. We love parking our car and walking across the street to the beach, into town for all the great shopping (while enjoying the lovely Victorian homes along the way) and to all the great restaurants. We especially enjoy Zoe's next door for breakfast and they offer a 10% discount if you show them your room key from the Heritage. Coffee pot AND coffee in room is greatly appreciated! So is the fridge and hair dryer. After dinner we enjoy walking up to the fourth floor deck to enjoy the view of the ocean and sunsets. We are not pool people but the sparkling clean pool always looks inviting. I now have Gwen (Manager) programmed into my cell phone so we can call last minute and try to get a room because after 3 years staying at The Heritage, it feels like we're "going home" for a visit! Don't miss it.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

The Perfect location. Right across the street from the beach. Walking distance to the historic area, shops and dinning. Bike rental around the corner. The owner was great. Great parking right at the motel. The motel is clean, and the rooms are large. This motel could use an update of the TV's, and furniture. I have not seen a tube TV in a hotel in 10 years. Bring your own soap, shampoo, etc. The air conditioner is loud, but overall, I would recommend the Heritage Inn for the excellent location, and friendly service.