“Been There [last year] Done That [again this year] Will Do Again!”
Review of Heritage Inn

Heritage Inn
Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This is a perfect location for beach access. Go out your front door, cross the street, turn left, walk a few feet, turn right, and Voila! the beach. There are a variety of good food places within walking distance - although having the free parking lot offers mobility without the worry of "where will I go when I get back." The pool is clean and refreshing. Gwenn is amazing and extremely accommodating. She willingly shares her wealth of knowledge about things to see and places to go always asking first about your interests. The TVs have been upgraded since last year. I wonder what will be changed on our next visit. This is not a fancy hotel with extensive amenities. If that's what you're looking for the Heritage Inn is not for you. If you are looking for cozy and comfort and clean in a low-key atmosphere, you will love it!

Room Tip: Lots of stairs to climb if you want the rooms with the best view [no elevators]. Rooms that face Bea...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was my first time in Cape May - my mom and I take a mother/daughter weekend trip every year. I picked the Heritage Inn because it was a bit cheaper than other places there. I went into it assuming it wouldn't be the best place I've ever stayed in. The amenities weren't great. There was an ice bucket but we couldn't find an ice machine. No elevator - which wasn't a huge deal since there are only 3 floors. But our room had a mini fridge and a microwave which was nice. So let me start with my complaints -

1. There were only 2 towels in the bathroom. We had a two bed room, and 2 towels is just not enough, especially considering how thin/small the towels were. One barely dried my hair. My mom went down and asked for more and they did bring more up. She asked for more wash cloths later in the day and we were told the person who does room service would replenish that evening. However, that was our first night there so the cleaning person never came.

2. When we arrived there was one roll of toilet paper in the bathroom and it was half used. Which is fine, but there were no additional rolls. We had to ask for more.

3. No one is in the office until 9:30 am. The first time we went down to ask for more toilet paper, we found that out. I know this is a small hotel but I was very surprised that there wasn't someone in the office 24/7.

4. I couldn't hear much of the people in the rooms beside us, but I heard EVERYTHING going on outside. The a/c was very loud so when that was on, it drowned out the noise outside. But once that took a break, it's like the walls were paper thin. I heard people running up and down the stairs, people shouting.

Now for the good stuff...

1. The location is PERFECT. You only have to cross the street to make it to the beach which I loved. And it is within walking distance of pretty much everything. We walked to restaurants for every meal. There is an awesome shopping section a few blocks away - with plenty of restaurants and unique shops. I love that the shops are not dinky little cheap tourist shops. Some of them have really nice, unique stuff.

2. The staff in the office were very friendly and helpful. We asked them for suggestions on where to eat, and the woman (I think she was the owner) suggested some good places. When we asked more for additional towels, they were more than helpful.

3. There is a roof sun deck on the top floor. They've got nice chairs to lay on and tables as well. At night they have lamps up there and the view is amazing.

4. I didn't use the pool but it was well maintained and clean.

5. In general, the entire place was very clean. It looked like some things could be updated but nothing horrible.

6. Free Wi-Fi! I'm still amazed when places don't offer this and I was kind of amazed this place did!

7. Very safe area. My mom and I felt very comfortable walking around at all times. It's less crowded than places like Ocean City, MD but there are enough people around that you don't feel like it's a ghost town.

I'm not sure if this is a bad or good thing...the beds are very hard. I personally prefer a more firm bed so I was okay with it. But I saw that other people complained and I wanted to confirm, yes the mattresses are hard. So if you can't deal with that, I wouldn't stay here.

So in closing, I would stay here again. There were some issues but nothing major and the location is just too perfect!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ktmk13
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Clean, great location. Family owned business & entire staff is friendly. Great top deck for view of beach. So many things to do in the area. Everything is walking distance to hotel. Love the dog leila also.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We spent a Mother/Daughter/Mother/Daughter weekend there recently. The location was perfect. We parked our car when we got there and never moved it until we left. The hotel room was large enough for 4 adult women with all our stuff. It was very clean and the staff was great. They were extremely friendly and very helpful. We loved the roof top area. I would definately go back to Cape May and I would definately stay at the Heritage Inn again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This was perfectly located to everything you want to go to! Right across the street from the beach and within walking distance to everything! I didn't have to drive once all weekend. The rooms are neat and clean, the pool is nice, and the roof top is cool. Gwen is incredibly nice as well! I would definitely recommend staying at the Heritage Inn.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stated here over the weekend in mid June. Found by chance hidden amongst other chain hotels. Was not sure what to expect upon arrival as I selected it based on less expensive price and close proximity to Lewes beaches. I was pleasantly surprised by:
1.) The friendly attitude of the staff.
2.) The charm and amenities in the room (each room has an American landmark theme/location. More importantly the small kitchen and mini fridge were something that you would pay extra for at a chain hotel.
3.) The continental breakfast, most motels/inns have dry cereal and stale bagels called "breakfast" at Heritage Inn I was glad to see fresh fruit, yogurt, and a rather smart idea of individually wrapped muffin.
4.) fresh coffee! May not seem like much but as I am a night owl often working in the business center of many hotels this small thing is often over looked.

Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel is very clean, attractive, & conveniently located with great views of the ocean and promenade. I prefer to be on a higher floor & requested the top (3rd) floor. I had an end room which was very attractive & had windows on two sides. Parking was also very convenient. The only drawback is the lack of an elevator. Overall, I was very happy with the accommodations.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo