“Nice for a beach hotel”
Review of Heritage Inn

Heritage Inn
Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect after seeing photos on the website but it turned out to be a clean room despite the decor being outdated and a damp smell to the room (bring some room spray). The location is super convenient to the beach and walking distance to all the good restaurants. You won't get many amenities and the bedding is quite old but you could do worse for a beach hotel.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

A friend and I stayed at The Heritage Inn recently, and we loved it. The location is amazing, literally across the street from the beach, close to shopping and restaurants as well. We loved we could sit on the balcony and watch the ocean!

The room was great as well, very spacious (we had the extra large motel room), very clean and comfortable. The beds were really comfortable as well!

The staff was amazing, incredibly friendly and helpful, they offered several good suggestions and helped my friend and I get a lay of the land on our first visit to Cape May.

I highly recommend The Heritage Inn-I will definitely be back!!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

This was my first time to Cape May and the Heritage Inn was great. They are on the main street and right on the ocean. They have a fantastic roof top deck with 360 views. If you need a place to stay in Cape May, I would consider this place first!! Good value for the money and wonderful staff and owners!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2014

The location is perfect! You can walk everywhere and still be close to your room! The view from the motel is perfect, the ocean, the beach the boardwalk! The owners are fabulous! We're definitely coming back!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Pros: You can't beat the location of this Motel-turned-Inn along Beach Avenue in Cape May. Two mothers and two daughters spent the week in Room 33 - it was a bit cramped but we managed and could forgive most any shortcoming by walking up to the deck or looking out to the ocean from the balcony rail. It's plain, no-frills; the owners work hard at cleaning, painting, fixing and you can tell they are very proud of the property. The pool was spotless and a refreshing break at the end of a day at the beach (did I mention it's across the street)? I only wished it was open past 8pm, at least for us adults.
Cons: When you pay extra to accommodate four persons in a room (as opposed to two)you anticipate having towels for four, toilet paper for four…you get my drift. I also had to pay an extra $5 "deposit" for a second key to the room (4 women, 2 keys among us) which I haven't been able to recover since we had to check out before the office opened, leaving both keys in the key slot. I'm not going to lose any sleep over $5, but when I called about getting it credited or mailed to me (since I had already left a tip for the maid) I couldn't' really get a straight answer and doubt I'm going to get my deposit back. Like many Inns in Cape May there is no elevator. There are a few spaces in front of the Inn where you can pull your car in and unload before going to park it in the lot behind. We didn't know about the drop-off spot, so we lugged all of our bags from the lot down the street. I hope this info is helpful to anyone looking at Heritage Inn.

Room Tip: If you have an issue with stairs, stick with ground floor rooms, although the stairs are not difficu...
1  Thank Susan S
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

My mother and I just returned from a two night stay at the Heritage Inn and we were very pleased with both the accommodations and the owners/staff.

Our room on the third floor was clean and well kept with a view of the ocean. The Inn is located across the street from the beach and was an easy walk to the shops and restaurants.

Owner Gwen and her son Mark were extremely friendly and helpful. Mark was at the desk when we checked in and, as this was our first time visiting Cape May, he gave us plenty of information to help us get the lay of the land.

If you're looking for a high end hotel, this isn't the place for you. But if you're interested in staying at a clean, friendly, family-owned establishment in a great location - then this is the perfect choice.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Dahues
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The place is very nice, perfect location, friendly staff.You are across from the beach, there is a pool and a nice rooftop deck where you have a beautiful view. I stayed there every ear for about 18 years when I was growing up and when we decided to visit Cape May again after about 6 years I was happy to see that the place was still there. It is not much different and I was very glad I got to stay there. Gwen and her family our wonderful people and keep up on the place.
If you are going to Cape May I recommend you stay here!!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family