“Great Customer Relations! Very Nice, Updated Hotel with Beach Service.”

Montreal Beach Resort
Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I want to thank the Montreal Inn for saving my vacation! I booked a room at another hotel but was later told they were overbooked for the first night. This hotel contacted the Montreal Inn which gave me a one bedroom suite for one night and access to all of the Inn's amenities, for the price of the regular room I had booked at the other hotel.

I was very surprised when I checked in and gave them my name to be greeted effusively and given a welcome packet with my name on it and the manager's name in case I needed anything. Check in only took two minutes, with a reminder to let them handle any issues arising from the change. Hands down, this is some of the best customer service I have had.

After that warm welcome, I was thrilled with the room! Parking is in the back (and it is as tight as others have said) with direct access to your room from the parking lot. As we walked in, there was a bedroom with a Queen size bed, a flat screen tv and large closet. Next was an updated kitchenette with granite counters. Then, a spacious bathroom and finally, a living room with another flat screen tv, a 4 person breakfast bar and a love seat/sleeper sofa that turned into a full size bed. The room was absolutely spotless! Maid service was fast and of excellent quality. The whole hotel really shines.

The rooms on the First floor open directly onto a patio right next to the pool. This is perfect for parents of little kids who want fast access to the pool. But not so good for those who want to keep their curtains open, but still have privacy. We decided that since the room was so nice, the patio, which is a very generous size, was not a problem.

The hotel is home to Harry's Ocean Bar & Grille, a really nice restaurant where we had a good lunch, as well as a nice pool bar with a good guitar player (Jimmy Buffet tunes!) and delicious drinks (great non-alcoholic Strawberry Daiquiris).

The hotel is also attached to a pleasant liquor store. It's not obtrusive, but convenient.

The hotel is across the street from the beach at the quieter end of Cape May. I'm glad we stayed here, there was a fun atmosphere on the beach but it never felt crowded.

The hotel provides beach tags for everyone in the room (return them at the end of your stay to avoid a charge) as well as two beach chairs per room (until 5:00 pm), that the hotel sets up for you. This is a $25.00 value. To me, it's worth more than that since I didn't have to lug chairs in the back of my car and across the beach. Additional chairs, umbrellas and Cabanas are available for rent on the beach. The hotel also offers food at the beach from Harry's Ocean Bar & Grille, which they bring to your chair.

I can't say enough about this hotel. Great customer service, friendly, well situated and a good value. Thank you again to everyone at the Montreal Inn!

Room Tip: Do not choose room 116: the patio is so small, and in a walkway. Other first floor rooms open dire...
2  Thank 52marv
Lhirsch, Owner at Montreal Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Thank you for your kind and generous comments. Can I offer you a position as our marketing person?

Again Thank you

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Stayed here for the first time in August with our 10 week old infant and 4 year old and it was wonderful. It is a very family-friendly hotel, right across from the beach. You get the use of 2 beach chairs for free. Umbrella and cabanas can be rented at a cost. We loved the heated pool. My only complaint about the pool area was that there aren't any umbrellas for shade. Pool could have been a bit warmer. Having Harry's and the bar on-site make you really feel like you're on vacation. We stayed in a one bedroom suite. The reason I chose Montreal Inn was because rooms were recently updated. They are very nicely done. We had a nice kitchenette with full size fridge. There are granite countertops in bathroom and kitchenette. My son slept well on the pullout sofa. The bedroom area is a bit tight, especially with the pack 'n play. King sized bed was comfy. Overall, we had a great 4 night stay and would definitely recommend it and return in the future.

Room Tip: Pick a room on a higher floor for an amazing ocean view
1  Thank amytz
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My family was returning from NYC to the DC area when my wife insisted we go to the beach. We were able to book a last minute room for one night at the Montreal Inn (turned out to be their last available). I wish we could have stayed longer. We ended up on the 4th floor in the corner near their sundeck. From the outside this place is nothing special. The rooms however are quite nice. They were renovated a couple years ago and it shows. They were clean and well put together. The beds were large and clean. We ended up with 2 queens which was more than enough room for 4 of us. The bathroom was very nice with granite counters and nice tile. Most importantly the shower was clean enough that I didn't mind washing my kids in it. I also appreciated how honest they were with their descriptions of the views from the room. They told us partial ocean view so I assumed that meant in the perfect light with my head craned over the balcony I might see a splash of water but it was truly a partial view.

The hotel is situated across the street from the beach. They have a beach hut there where you can rent umbrellas ($10/day) or little hut things ($25 or $65/day depending on the size). Chairs they will setup for you at no cost. The beach was very clean and dragged over every night so it was almost new every morning. They will also serve you food directly on the beach at very reasonable prices from the hotel restaurant which is super convenient when you're chasing your kids around. The hotel pool is a bit small but very clean and nice. My daughter loved it. The hotel is 15min walk to the downtown shopping area

The most convenient (for adults at least) thing is their liquor store right on the premises. The store is open till late and is very reasonably priced. A great place to stay, I'm sure we'll be returning.

Room Tip: The upper rooms are a bit more private.
3  Thank Nick W
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stay every year late to mid August with a large family and alway leave happy and return the following year. The hotel accommodations and all its offerings are great. The Ocean view is is the best in town. Harry's and the outside entertainment is great.

My only suggestion would be for the reservation team to be more prepared and trained better to handle customer service. All in all, highly recommended.

2  Thank Thomas G
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This was our second year at the Montreal Inn in their Meridian Suite and once again we enjoyed ourselvles. They did some welcome improvements to the suite, one being the shower and bathroom. So the staff is friendly and responsive, the guests are pleasant and the bar is a pleasent place to congregate with live music most nights.I don't think you can get any room closer to the ocean in Cape May and that is very appealing to us. The balcony is large and provides a great view of the ocean pool and goings on at the bar etc. We booked for the same time in 2014. It's not overly elaborate but it is fun and relaxing wiht activity.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GBVN
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Stayed at the Montreal Inn the Merdian Suite. The room was fabulous! A king sized bed, living area, small kitchenette, and large bathroom with very nice shower. Montreal Inn was very accommodating and the room was kept neat and clean with fresh towels daily. The view was to die for! Views of the pool and beach were fabulous. The beach club was convenient and didn't have to bring chairs (they were provided). The beach boys bring the chairs to whatever spot on the beach that you'd like. Other amenities such as cabanas and beach umbrellas were extra charges daily. Liquor store on property was convenient and Harry's was very good. Harry's also delivers to your room. The outside bar is very nice and always people hanging out. A little bit of a walk going to the Washington Mall, but it's a good walk to see the beach houses. Nice place would recommend!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jamie R
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This was our second time staying at the Montreal Inn. Luckily this year we were able to secure a room on the 3rd floor. This suited our family much better. We had more privacy (than the 1st floor rooms) and a large private balcony with beautiful ocean views. The room was clean and the upgrades looked great. This year we also got the opportunity to eat at Harry's twice; for breakfast and lunch. Both meals were great and we loved dining outside on the patio. Beach service was great again with the staff setting up our lounge chairs for us. If you stay at this hotel you also get to ride the Cape May trolley for free, which has a stop right outside the front door. This was very convenient and useful. Overall the hotel and grounds are kept very clean and the staff are hlepful. We already reserved our rooms for next summer! Word to the wise, this place books very far in advance so make reservations as soon as possible for next spring/summer.

Room Tip: If you want good ocean views and more privacy, choose an upper level room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family