“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Rockton, PA
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

My mother in law is in her 80's , her and my late father in law often vacationed in Cape May, and she wanted to come back to the place that held so many memories for her. When she asked my husband and I if we would bring her back, we started looking for places to stay. A balcony looking over the ocean was on her wish list. My husband phoned the Montreal and the lady helping him made sure we had fourth floor rooms with balconies! our rooms had queen , COMFY beds, two burner stove, full fridge/freezer and micro in the kitchenette, table for 4, couch and a TV in the living space. the bedroom also had a TV, and the bathroom was nicely done, and more than met our needs. it was nice to see the kitchen was supplied with basic pots and pans, etc. Made our stay soo easy! having Harry's right on the premises was such a bonus, just wish it would have been open every day! the staff was great, and yes, as other reviews pointed out, parking is TIGHT!!! So glad we had a Subaru!! even that was difficult to maneuver in and out! the only other down side was the hot tub only was working one day, and it was being monopolized by one group..my aching back was longing to try that out. Great beach access, and..I know control of the weather is not up to the Montreal, but from October 3 to the 7, it was in the 80's every day, and we sure made the most of the beach! This was a perfect "birthday get away " for my mom in law and I, and she even remembered the original owners from being there in the '70s! my husband, mother in law, and myself enjoyed our stay very, very, much, from the process of making reservations to the sad time we had to check out!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Rockton_PAGlinda
Lhirsch, Owner at Montreal Beach Resort, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience. I'm happy to hear that you had a wonderful time. As per your comments, we still have some challenges ahead and will try to resolve them by your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Akron, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The Montreal has newly-renovated rooms which are really nice. We stayed in room 419 which is oddly-shaped and a tad small but very nice. The bed was super comfortable and the bathroom is huge. There's a nice 4-drawer dresser and a decent-sized fridge. It only lacked a table to eat lunch on and some shelves or a little more counter space. There were also no shelves in the shower so there's really no place to put your shampoo, razors, etc. The bar is below the balcony and was pretty loud Saturday night but we put on our white noise machine and were ok. But if you want a very quiet place, this might bother you. Overall it's very nice and the staff is great. I've stayed here before and will definitely go back.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 419 which is oddly-shaped and a tad small but very nice. It's at the very end...
2 Thank Kim B
Thank you for your comments and suggestions. After the renovations we realized we missed a few things and have scheduled them for this coming year.
I hope you will visit us again soon!
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

Just came back from a 3 day thoroughly relaxing stay at this lovely inn. We enjoyed our 2 room suite on the 4th floor w/balcony which was spacious and very clean (a must for this fussy person). The restaurant is excellent, in fact, we found it to be better than most of the restaurants we dined at. The hotel and restaurant staff are helpful and accommodating. We walked to many places of interest eliminating the need to find parking. Hope to return in the Spring!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 07016
Thank you.. we look forward to your next visit.
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This is now the third year that we have stayed at the Montreal Inn. We have decided that this is now the ONLY place we will stay in Cape May. It feels like home away from home! We have stayed in the same room all three years and know exactly what to expect. Fourth floor is the absolute best for the view. The hotel is perfectly located across from the beach, so the view is absolutely wonderful. As far as getting around, we basically leave the car parked there (except for the trips to the lighthouse and whale watch) and walk everywhere. It's nice to have a restaurant on the premises as well. Food and service are quite good. I look forward to staying again next year.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th floor offer a fantastic view.
1 Thank bjgin99
Thank you.. I hope to see you the next time when you visit Cape May; but make sure you stay longer!!!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This hotel is usually very booked, but at the last moment this past weekend we got the last room on the 1st floor. When I called, management was honest in telling me that this room is right near the resturant and there would be music till 9pm. The music actually was lovely, and it did not bother us at all. I always like when there is truth involved when I ask specific questions regarding a room, as I am fussy. Like others have said, the property is right across from the ocean, there is the beach club, resturant, etc. The management in particular Lee, the resturant manager really went out of their way for us with advice of where to go and eat. Also the patio is dog friendly. The room was modern and had a lot of drawers for a hotel room, plus all the tolitries that one needs (good for us ladies that like to dress), and the mirrors are terrific (yeah!) with GREAT lighting (yeah again!). The bed was very comfortable also. The one caveat that is not quite right is their paper system for charges to your room. We were given a slip of paper authorizing charges for beach amenities, food, liquor, etc. Alas, we lost it within an hour of checking into our room, and when we went to the front office, we were told they could not replace it. We never did find it. So it was a tad annoying, given that this is quite a modern property with other aspects that are up to date. But we got the R&R that we needed and to say goodbye to the summer.

Room Tip: Choose higher floors and book way in advance. This is SERIOUSLY popular, and much repeat business...
1 Thank ayty
I'm glad you enjoyed. Our staff know that it's important to share information about your accommondation prior to your visit. You need no surprises.
Our Restaurant mgr Lee is a great guy and has been a true asset to Harry's
I noticed that our staffed failed to handle a lost card. I'm sorry that happened. We will follow up on that to assure it does not happen again

Thanks for staying with us, I hope to see you again soon!!!
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I booked through AAA travel and got a great price on a 2 room efficiency suite. Great view of the beach from my balcony. The only downside was my room was overlooking the restaurant/bar. Though it was quiet with my windows I was uncomfortable sitting on the balcony. All in all I would definitely stay there again. Great value and clean.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Marie L
Lhirsch, Owner at Montreal Beach Resort, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Thank you for visiting the Montreal. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Should you plan to return to Cape May, may I suggest that call us a directly and tell the agent what location you would like.

Thank you again!
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Great place to stay. Can't beat it for the price (for Cape May, which is a little pricey for the Jersey Shore). The Montreal Inn is right on the beach. The bar and restaurant on-site are so convenient. It's not directly in the heart of the historical district, but it's not very far either. The Beach Club is great. Shaquille was a tremendous worker who was friendly and accommodating getting us our chairs, beach umbrellas, etc. He does a great job, as did all the employees we encountered.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank BrianMM
I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Each year we take pride in providing our guest with our Beach Service. I will certainly pass on to our attendant you complimentary comment.
See you soon!!