“Very pleased !”

Montreal Beach Resort
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Last minute trip to Cape May for our 15 yr anniversary. Newly updated hotel, every room faces the beach. Very clean with nice decor. Downfall was the stormy weekend ! Had a King efficiency with a sitting room. Perfect size for two people. May have been tight if we brought our two kids.
Would love to come back in season- cute beach bar by the pool. I'm sure this place get's busy in season. We will be back ;)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mattnmia277

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I can't say enough about our stay at the Monteal Inn. My family and I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years. The accommodations are wonderful and the staff is very attentive. It's exactly what we need when we vacation in Cape May. We can't get any closer to the beach and it's very convenient to everything we want to do! We enjoy the personal balcony overlooking the ocean and also the rocking chairs and chaise lounges on the huge sun deck.

Room Tip: The two-bedroom suites are wonderful. Grandma can have some privacy with her own TV and the queen-s...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lori269
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My mother in law is in her 80's , her and my late father in law often vacationed in Cape May, and she wanted to come back to the place that held so many memories for her. When she asked my husband and I if we would bring her back, we started looking for places to stay. A balcony looking over the ocean was on her wish list. My husband phoned the Montreal and the lady helping him made sure we had fourth floor rooms with balconies! our rooms had queen , COMFY beds, two burner stove, full fridge/freezer and micro in the kitchenette, table for 4, couch and a TV in the living space. the bedroom also had a TV, and the bathroom was nicely done, and more than met our needs. it was nice to see the kitchen was supplied with basic pots and pans, etc. Made our stay soo easy! having Harry's right on the premises was such a bonus, just wish it would have been open every day! the staff was great, and yes, as other reviews pointed out, parking is TIGHT!!! So glad we had a Subaru!! even that was difficult to maneuver in and out! the only other down side was the hot tub only was working one day, and it was being monopolized by one group..my aching back was longing to try that out. Great beach access, and..I know control of the weather is not up to the Montreal, but from October 3 to the 7, it was in the 80's every day, and we sure made the most of the beach! This was a perfect "birthday get away " for my mom in law and I, and she even remembered the original owners from being there in the '70s! my husband, mother in law, and myself enjoyed our stay very, very, much, from the process of making reservations to the sad time we had to check out!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Rockton_PAGlinda
Lhirsch, Owner at Montreal Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience. I'm happy to hear that you had a wonderful time. As per your comments, we still have some challenges ahead and will try to resolve them by your next visit.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

The Montreal has newly-renovated rooms which are really nice. We stayed in room 419 which is oddly-shaped and a tad small but very nice. The bed was super comfortable and the bathroom is huge. There's a nice 4-drawer dresser and a decent-sized fridge. It only lacked a table to eat lunch on and some shelves or a little more counter space. There were also no shelves in the shower so there's really no place to put your shampoo, razors, etc. The bar is below the balcony and was pretty loud Saturday night but we put on our white noise machine and were ok. But if you want a very quiet place, this might bother you. Overall it's very nice and the staff is great. I've stayed here before and will definitely go back.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 419 which is oddly-shaped and a tad small but very nice. It's at the very end...
2  Thank Kim B

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. After the renovations we realized we missed a few things and have scheduled them for this coming year.
I hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Just came back from a 3 day thoroughly relaxing stay at this lovely inn. We enjoyed our 2 room suite on the 4th floor w/balcony which was spacious and very clean (a must for this fussy person). The restaurant is excellent, in fact, we found it to be better than most of the restaurants we dined at. The hotel and restaurant staff are helpful and accommodating. We walked to many places of interest eliminating the need to find parking. Hope to return in the Spring!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 07016

Thank you.. we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

This is now the third year that we have stayed at the Montreal Inn. We have decided that this is now the ONLY place we will stay in Cape May. It feels like home away from home! We have stayed in the same room all three years and know exactly what to expect. Fourth floor is the absolute best for the view. The hotel is perfectly located across from the beach, so the view is absolutely wonderful. As far as getting around, we basically leave the car parked there (except for the trips to the lighthouse and whale watch) and walk everywhere. It's nice to have a restaurant on the premises as well. Food and service are quite good. I look forward to staying again next year.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th floor offer a fantastic view.
1  Thank bjgin99

Thank you.. I hope to see you the next time when you visit Cape May; but make sure you stay longer!!!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

This hotel is usually very booked, but at the last moment this past weekend we got the last room on the 1st floor. When I called, management was honest in telling me that this room is right near the resturant and there would be music till 9pm. The music actually was lovely, and it did not bother us at all. I always like when there is truth involved when I ask specific questions regarding a room, as I am fussy. Like others have said, the property is right across from the ocean, there is the beach club, resturant, etc. The management in particular Lee, the resturant manager really went out of their way for us with advice of where to go and eat. Also the patio is dog friendly. The room was modern and had a lot of drawers for a hotel room, plus all the tolitries that one needs (good for us ladies that like to dress), and the mirrors are terrific (yeah!) with GREAT lighting (yeah again!). The bed was very comfortable also. The one caveat that is not quite right is their paper system for charges to your room. We were given a slip of paper authorizing charges for beach amenities, food, liquor, etc. Alas, we lost it within an hour of checking into our room, and when we went to the front office, we were told they could not replace it. We never did find it. So it was a tad annoying, given that this is quite a modern property with other aspects that are up to date. But we got the R&R that we needed and to say goodbye to the summer.

Room Tip: Choose higher floors and book way in advance. This is SERIOUSLY popular, and much repeat business...
1  Thank ayty

I'm glad you enjoyed. Our staff know that it's important to share information about your accommondation prior to your visit. You need no surprises.
Our Restaurant mgr Lee is a great guy and has been a true asset to Harry's
I noticed that our staffed failed to handle a lost card. I'm sorry that happened. We will follow up on that to assure it does not happen again

Thanks for staying with us, I hope to see you again soon!!!