“First Stay at the Montreal Inn” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Montreal Beach Resort
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“First Stay at the Montreal Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Montreal Inn this past weekend for the Exit 0 Jazz Fest and we were thrilled by the modern accommodations at the Inn. We were in a first floor efficiency with a view of the ocean and our own patio for our early morning coffee. Our room was very comfortable and provided easy access to all weekend events. Staff was very courteous and helpful on several occasions. We enjoyed our stay and wished we had been able to remain there for a few extra days. We certainly will be returning in the future.

Frank X.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Frank M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

We had a beautiful view of the Atlantic Ocean and were surprise with a dolphin show. Our room was a beautifully remodeled mini suite with an ocean view and very comfortable! The people at the front desk were welcoming and very informational.

Room Tip: All rooms have a view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

We come to Cape May every chance we get & the hotels we generally stay at was booked so my husband called the Montreal Inn & they had a room so we made a reservation so I was happy. When we checked in & went to our room
I was blown away because I didn't expect it to look so modern & welcoming. The room was awesome the people are very nice & helpfully. I know we will be coming back to stay. I think we found a new hotel to stay at when we come.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank lizziepooh360
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

My best friend and I went to Cape may for a mini-vacation and the Montreal Inn was the perfect place to stay. Our room was on the 4th floor and the view of the ocean from the balcony was great. It was very peaceful listening to the waves breaking on the beach. The room was very clean.The room had a full-size refrigerator and two-burner stove top, so it would be perfect for a longer vacation. We will definitely be returning to the Montreal Inn.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Elaine K
Wayne, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Last minute trip to Cape May for our 15 yr anniversary. Newly updated hotel, every room faces the beach. Very clean with nice decor. Downfall was the stormy weekend ! Had a King efficiency with a sitting room. Perfect size for two people. May have been tight if we brought our two kids.
Would love to come back in season- cute beach bar by the pool. I'm sure this place get's busy in season. We will be back ;)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mattnmia277
Warminster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I can't say enough about our stay at the Monteal Inn. My family and I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years. The accommodations are wonderful and the staff is very attentive. It's exactly what we need when we vacation in Cape May. We can't get any closer to the beach and it's very convenient to everything we want to do! We enjoy the personal balcony overlooking the ocean and also the rocking chairs and chaise lounges on the huge sun deck.

Room Tip: The two-bedroom suites are wonderful. Grandma can have some privacy with her own TV and the queen-s...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lori269
Rockton, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

My mother in law is in her 80's , her and my late father in law often vacationed in Cape May, and she wanted to come back to the place that held so many memories for her. When she asked my husband and I if we would bring her back, we started looking for places to stay. A balcony looking over the ocean was on her wish list. My husband phoned the Montreal and the lady helping him made sure we had fourth floor rooms with balconies! our rooms had queen , COMFY beds, two burner stove, full fridge/freezer and micro in the kitchenette, table for 4, couch and a TV in the living space. the bedroom also had a TV, and the bathroom was nicely done, and more than met our needs. it was nice to see the kitchen was supplied with basic pots and pans, etc. Made our stay soo easy! having Harry's right on the premises was such a bonus, just wish it would have been open every day! the staff was great, and yes, as other reviews pointed out, parking is TIGHT!!! So glad we had a Subaru!! even that was difficult to maneuver in and out! the only other down side was the hot tub only was working one day, and it was being monopolized by one group..my aching back was longing to try that out. Great beach access, and..I know control of the weather is not up to the Montreal, but from October 3 to the 7, it was in the 80's every day, and we sure made the most of the beach! This was a perfect "birthday get away " for my mom in law and I, and she even remembered the original owners from being there in the '70s! my husband, mother in law, and myself enjoyed our stay very, very, much, from the process of making reservations to the sad time we had to check out!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Rockton_PAGlinda
Lhirsch, Owner at Montreal Beach Resort, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience. I'm happy to hear that you had a wonderful time. As per your comments, we still have some challenges ahead and will try to resolve them by your next visit.