Montreal Beach Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Jetty Motel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$128
Madison Avenue Beach Club Motel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$124
Congress Hall(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$192
Heritage Inn(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$142
The Southern Mansion(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$317
The Star(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$158
The Virginia Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$148
TripAdvisor
Ocean Club Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$169
The Grand Hotel(Cape May)
US$132
Periwinkle Inn(Cape May)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsliquor storeharry's restaurantmeridian suiterooftop barsun deckacross the streetexercise roomocean viewoff seasonfirst floorprivate balconybeach tagsbeach servicecontinental breakfastliving roomlounge chairsfamily vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 November 2013

About once in a decade we get to go to the beach long after the season is over and encounter perfect weather. Our recent visit to Cape May this past November happened on two such days. Blue sky....high 68 degrees, no wind, and to top it off, a wonderful stay at the Montreal Inn. This large four story property is located right on Beach Road, just across from the great Cape May beach. It was very clean, very quiet, parking was easy and most attractions were within walking distance. Even off season the room was fresh and bright, well maintained. The heat, when we needed it, worked fine. Our two room suite with kitchenette and two queen size beds was located on the second floor just off a large sun deck. Due to the warm temps we were able to picnic on our balcony and spend time watching the ocean and beach from rocking chairs on the sun deck. A free breakfast was offered but we slept too late to make it. Instead we went for delicious pancakes down the street.

Much of Cape May closes down by November but there is certainly enough open to make a nice weekend trip of it. So, if you can time the weather, we recommend Cape May off, off season and highly recommend the Montreal Inn.

Room Tip: Best beach views are from southern end of the hotel, third and fourth floors. There are elevators. Some rooms on the second floor open up to a large sun deck but the ocean view from the room balcony is not as good. Recommend you call first for room location. Off season parts of the property are probably closed off. They close for the season at the end on November.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maranasam
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We were promptly greeted upon arrival by friendly reception staff. Our room on the second floor was ready and first impression was the view out the sliders to the deck and the ocean beyond: wonderful. We had a mini suite with a serviceable kitchen area which we find most convenient for early coffee on the deck. When I walked out to the deck I found we were right above the patio area so I called the front desk with my noise concerns. Since it was late October I was assured there would be minimal, if any problems and there were none. It was the last night for the restaurant, there was a band hired to play and drink specials offered all of which caused no disturbance in our room. The restaurant is convenient as it offers breakfast too. We had a delicious dinner and prompt service. The beds were clean and comfortable. It was great having the separate sitting area with TV. This hotel is on the main drag so there is considerable traffic, but it provides easy access to town, beach, wildlife refuges and walking trails. I have only one complaint; when we entered our room and shut the door I was freaked out by what appeared to be blood splatter on the door. Upon closer inspection, I found the white door was scratched and the underlying red paint was exposed. That door should be painted. The staff was very helpful with directions and recommendations, the room was comfortable and quiet, parking was available in the back, the view was awesome (bring binoculars) and access to the beach was just across the street. I would return.

Room Tip: Ocean front on 3rd or 4th floor for a better view. Be aware of the patio/restaurant if you want quiet during the busy season. Mini suite is comfortable especially if someone goes to bed or gets up earlier than the other .
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FlossEm77
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Montreal Inn this past weekend for the Exit 0 Jazz Fest and we were thrilled by the modern accommodations at the Inn. We were in a first floor efficiency with a view of the ocean and our own patio for our early morning coffee. Our room was very comfortable and provided easy access to all weekend events. Staff was very courteous and helpful on several occasions. We enjoyed our stay and wished we had been able to remain there for a few extra days. We certainly will be returning in the future.

Frank X.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frank M
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We had a beautiful view of the Atlantic Ocean and were surprise with a dolphin show. Our room was a beautifully remodeled mini suite with an ocean view and very comfortable! The people at the front desk were welcoming and very informational.

Room Tip: All rooms have a view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

We come to Cape May every chance we get & the hotels we generally stay at was booked so my husband called the Montreal Inn & they had a room so we made a reservation so I was happy. When we checked in & went to our room
I was blown away because I didn't expect it to look so modern & welcoming. The room was awesome the people are very nice & helpfully. I know we will be coming back to stay. I think we found a new hotel to stay at when we come.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends