“Fantastic Cape May Accomodations”

Montreal Beach Resort
Ranked #10 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Reviewed 2 July 2007

Fantastic place to stay when visiting Cape May. Rooms are clean and spacious. Hotel Staff is very pleasant and helpful. They make sure you are taken care of. Owners are always around to speak with you and to ensure your stay is pleasent. My two kids love staying here. This was our second year and we will probably stay here agian next year. If you are interested in goining be sure to make reservations early. Repeat customers book a year ahead. When you find a good thing you stick with it!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank SamRPh

Reviewed 23 June 2007

This was our first trip to the Jersey Shore and we could not have been happier. The room was exactly as advertised. We had a two room suite which was big enough for 4. The sofa bed was more comfortable than most.
The location was just what we were looking for. The view from the room was outstanding. Being so close the the beach was perfect for a family with kids since we made many trips back to the room.
The pool was nice, our only complaint was the 6:00 closing time, but we noticed other hotels had the same rule.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank danddaz
Reviewed 14 June 2007

Had a wonderful time at this most gracious and pleasant facility. The staff were very friendly and accomodating. Every time we phoned the desk with questions (and believe me there were many) the staff answered them all, patiently and informatively. The facilities were great, we took advantage of most of them, and the place was incredibly clean, I mean spotless! We would definitely stay there again and fully intend to.

Stayed: June 2007
1  Thank MarcoPolo69
Reviewed 31 May 2007

Easy to get to, right across from the beach. Quiet room. Service was very friendly. View from the room was terrific. Pool was nice. Looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled solo
2  Thank lmotola
Reviewed 9 May 2007

Stayed from 5/4 to 5/7 in room 416.

The average rating for this hotel (4.0) is accurate. I would have rated it the same, however a very disturbing experience at checkout lowered my rating to 3.0. Will get to that.

Check in was painless. Overall, the room was very nice and clean. A nice size bedroom and a living area with sofa and eating table. Kitchenette was very functional with stove, full size fridge, microwave, 4-cup coffee maker. Balcony with 2 chairs and a table gave great views of the ocean and enjoyed watching the dolphins play in the morning. The in-room coffee was the best I've had at any hotel/motel. Housekeeping provided plenty of towels and did a nice job of cleaning. For a room that size, the bathroom was extremely small. Very crowded for 2 people to share- can't imagine what 4-6 people would do with it. Barely any vanity space.

Amenities include pool and hot tub (in the season), sun deck, ping pong table, work out room, meeting room, computer with free internet access in the room off the lobby. Nice continental breakfast served during the week (not on weekends) in the 3rd floor meeting room. Liquor store and restaurant on-site. Arcade, shops, mini golf, restaurants within walking distance.

Now for the bad. As my flight was later that evening, I requested a 12 PM checkout which I cleared with the front desk staff and housekeeping. Received a call at 10:00 AM from the front desk reminding me that my checkout was at noon. OK... already knew that. I set it up. Received another call at 11:10 AM, which I did not answer as I was busy. 5 minutes later, the maid is pounding on the door and trying to enter my room!! I yelled that we're still in here and we had until 12 PM. She said that someone had told her we had checked out- a likely story. Anyway, upon voicing our displeasure with the front desk staff, their response was that normal checkout was at 11 AM. An apology for treating us like 7-year olds who didn't know any better would have been in order, however customer service fails again in the hospitality world. I might stay here again, but will probably check somewhere else first.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank runningman5k
Reviewed 8 May 2007

My sister and I took my father down for a long weekend. The suite arrangement suited our purposes perfectly. Dad has a new mobility scooter, and the front desk staff was most solicitous in helping us get organized with that, and helping us get to our room.

There was a quite nice restaurant on-site. After the long drive it was nice to be able to have a good dinner and a glass of wine without having to drive anywhere. A liquor store too, very convenient if you need it.

Like many of the previous comments, I would say it isn't fancy, but completely adequate, good location, good value!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2007

My family and I had to stay in Cape May for a night for a funeral. We were accomidated quickly and efficiently. There was a decent continental breakfast there as well, which was well stocked and cleaned frequently. The rooms were clean and didn't smell at all. The view was very good! If I was to go back to Cape May, I'd go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family