The Grand Hotel
Jetty Motel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$128
Periwinkle Inn(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$191
The Southern Mansion(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$317
US$249
Official Site
Capri Motor Lodge(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$118
Avondale by the Sea(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$125
The Virginia Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$166
Ocean Club Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$169
Montreal Beach Resort(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$180
Travelocity
Sea Crest Inn(Cape May)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,372 results
All reviewsindoor poolfront deskbreakfast buffetocean viewacross the streethot tuboff seasonhotel restaurantmain buildingcoffee makerget awayup to dateking bedprivate balconymid weeksecond floornew jersey
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 September 2011

We made reservations at the Grande Hotel, and they took a $279 deposit in advance. Unfortunately Hurricane Irene hit that weekend and Cape May was closed. The day before we were to arrive, I called to cancel our stay, and the Grande Hotel has refused to refund our deposit, and instead gave us a credit towards a stay at their hotel, which they say is good for a year. I have no intentions of everr staying there, and I guess I will have to take them to court to get my refund back.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank OldJK
Reviewed 30 August 2011

First, after reading some of these reviews I was scared out of my mind to get to the hotel I had already gave deposit. Any way heres the real deal with this place , 425 a night yeah anywhere else in the USA is plush rooms and service, but this is Summer in Jersey. Over priced for what you get. The hotel was dated but clean.Our room was the townhouse room.Yeah it did have that kinda "wheres that smell coming from" but is directly acroos from the beach. One of the few with an indoor(brand new) and outdoor pool. Daily evening activities for the kids. We picked this location because we wanted to drive to wildwood for our loud days and stay somewhere quiet at night. Worked out great. 6 bucks to park at beginning of pier. Keep in mind you will need to catch trolley out front to go 7-8 blocks to where the action is, but it brings you back from the gazebo at night.(all free if you purchase anything while out) Take your bicycles if you can, makes for some nice evenings and getting around. All in all dont be scared just prepared for an dated overpriced clean room and showers with a touch of beachy smells and enjoy your vacation, there aint any much better hotels in the area. 5 bucks a person to use beach over 11.Keeps the riff raffs out

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Patrick H
Reviewed 22 August 2011

The location of the hotel is great. Right across the street from the beach. The pool is an excellent size, offering food and alcohol poolside. Nice touch there. The indoor pool is a nice option but the overwhelming smell of chlorine and the blazing hot temperatures inside are too much to handle. The rooms are clean and views of the ocean are very nice.
However, the staff was rude and obnoxious. By August, they are clearly tired of vacationers but considering they're the hotel's livelihood, they need to change their attitudes...and change management. Will stay somewhere else next time. There are better options.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Twitlett
Reviewed 21 August 2011

My husband and I decided to take a weekend trip down to Cape May rather last minute over the July 4th weekend. We were pleasantly surprised when we were able to book this hotel which is located right across from the beach. Our room was in the main part of the hotel and was clean and looked like there had been renovations made. We had a partial view of the ocean with an adequate balcony with two chairs. We did enjoy the buffet breakfast--well worth the money. Besides the items on the buffet, they also offered made to order omelets. We also spent time hanging out at Hemingways--nice bar staff and fun time meeting other patrons. Bar food also very good and reasonably priced. We also took advantage of the seafood buffet--this I am sorry to say I would not recommend. There was plenty of food, just not that well prepared. I am not much of a buffet type person so I am sure that had something to do with that aspect.
I would recommend this hotel for a quiet, relaxing getaway.
A fun thing we did while in CapeMay was to visit two wineries--Tudor and Hawk Haven for some wine tasting--If you like that sort of thing these were two very nice wineries. I have also been to Cape May Winery previously and would recommend a visit there as well.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rhwanderer
Reviewed 21 August 2011

First off, let me begin by saying that looks are definitely deceiving. At first glance, the hotel looks appealing on the outside and even the lobby can be described as "historic and lovely." However, the rooms are "old, dingy, and smelly." You better take a 10 second shower because the water goes from extremely cold to extremely hot. On our second night, fortunately it was our last, the toilet clogged at random and when I spoke to the front desk and simply asked for a plunger, their response was, "there is no one here until 7 am!" My response was, "but we cannot use the bathroom." After trying to get a plunger, but to no avail, I demanded that they move us to another room. This was extremely difficult because the guy at the front desk was being extremely uncooperative, as if WE were bothering HIM. He did end up moving us to another room, which was 10x worse than our original room. There were spider webs in the shower and behind the toilet and it was smelly. The best part was it was right next to the soda and ice machine and we had a lovely view of the garbage dump!! Btw, the shower was just as bad as in our previous room. I also forgot to mention that the cleaning staff do not even fully make your bed when they come in to clean. The pillows and comforter were thrown on the side of the bed and the sheets were tucked in. I could have done that myself!! All in all I would definitely NOT recommend this place to anyone. Cape May is beautiful and there are so many beautiful places to stay besides here. However, if you want a smelly room, non-hospitable staff, and some eight-legged friends sharing your room with you, then this is the place for you!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family