“Cape May was Grand”

Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
New York City, New York
“Cape May was Grand”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Hi, I generally do not write reviews but I have to compliment this hotel. The breakfast buffet was amazing and filling. Great dinner at Hemingways Restaurant. The indoor pool was a nice size and plenty of space to swim. I liked the fact that most of the pool did not go over five feet. The outdoor pool was great and I liked that I could order lunch right at the pool. I stayed in a room on the 4th floor, the C Room with King Size Bed and semi private balcony. Plenty of space and the balcony chairs were super comfy. Great view of the ocean also. Just wanted to say thank you again. I will definitely be coming back. Robbie

Room Tip: The C Grand Rooms are great and have an excellent view
1 Thank R R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My sincere thanks to Sherrie Hannagan (Group Sales Manager) and the staff at The Grand Hotel for yet another smooth and enjoyable stay. My group, the New Jersey Region of the Antique Automobile Club of America, spent the weekend of May 16-17, 2014 at the property.

This was our 4th year at The Grand Hotel and, although we only had 15 participants this year, the hospitality room for our social gathering on Friday evening was arranged exactly as anticipated, as usual. Our dinner the following evening was perfect; it included a wonderful meal at the Hemmingway restaurant!

Our members, myself included, are thankful for the efforts of Sherrie who, once again, ensured our visit was a pleasant and enjoyable one.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We have been staying at this hotel for over decade. The rooms are spacious and well decorated. The indoor and outdoor pools are excellent. The house staff is very nice. On the other hand, the restaurant is just pitiful. I should have known something was up when there was no one in the dining room. This was very uncharacteristic in the past. The menu was totally redone. So we gave it a chance. The server couldn't answer our questions about the menu because the menu had just changed and she was not familiar with it. The entrees were good but the mashed potatoes and vegetable were stiff and cold. The desert was a disaster. The waitress described 1 of the deserts as being pointed. One day we went for the breakfast buffet. Well suffice to say, this was a huge mistake. You could have made a baseball out of the scramble eggs. The sausage was under cooked. The bacon was burnt. The home fried potatoes were pasted togegther from the steam.

Room Tip: Try to get a beach view room.
3 Thank Kevin A
Key west
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I spend a weekend here and I don't regret this choice even for a second. My room was very cosy and tidy. The swimming pool is a great facility but the beach is also awesome :) I just want to appreciate kindness and profesionalism of housekeeper Martyna's work. I'll be back some day!

• Stayed July 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I spent only 3 days there, but it was totally worth any money! I love hotels that are located so close to the ocean. It is almost at the beach! I cannot complain, I cannot regret, I cannot wait till I come back there! The service at the pool were excellent: tasty drinks, free towels and that funny, simpatico guy (Michal), who was welcoming everyone and opening the gate – that’s what I expect from the hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Moose1989
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband and I loved our stay at The Grand Hotel! The "Ocean View" was basically oceanfront from our balcony (request the north side if you can!). Jeremy at the front desk was incredibly helpful and informative the whole weekend, and Maria kept our room nice and clean. We found all the staff very helpful and we would definitely recommend this place. The hotel close enough to the promenade so that you can easily walk to where ever you want to go, but far enough away to have the peace and quiet of your own private vacation! We would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room Class "CJR" is a terrific deal if looking for a romantic vacation
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I couldn't even imagine a better place to relax than The Grand Hotel. My wife and I spend a week there, relaxing both in our amazing room and at a pool. The view was astonishing, and we met a polish guy, Mike (hope ur well!). This guy was humorous and helpful, and advised us how to make our time even more enjoyable.

1 Thank Marcin P