The Grand Hotel
Jetty Motel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$128
Periwinkle Inn(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$191
Avondale by the Sea(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$125
La Mer Beachfront Inn(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$189
Ocean Club Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$169
Montreal Beach Resort(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$180
Agoda.com
Carroll Villa Hotel(Cape May)
1,372 results
All reviewsindoor poolfront deskbreakfast buffetocean viewacross the streethot tuboff seasonhotel restaurantmain buildingcoffee makerget awayup to dateking bedprivate balconymid weeksecond floornew jersey
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2010

We had a wedding in Cape May and the entire group stayed at the Grand Hotel. I had read some not so good ratings and was concerned and emailed the manager and he assured me that the hotel was not the way the ratings said they were. He was right. The hotel was clean, the rooms large, the service good, and basically a very nice place. The only complaint was we didn't know all the amenities the hotel offered. It had indoor and outdoor heated pools, food order service pool side, 9plus plenty of towels) and exercise room, All workers there were friendly and courteous. The beds were very comfortable and quiet. Perhaps a channel on the TV would suffice to tell all about the hotel. The Hemingway Restaurant was fabulous and the breakfast buffet well worth the price.

Reviewed 29 June 2010

You have to keep in mind this is coming from someone that has "hotel phobia" The room was clean..It had some issues..Sink was clogged..lighting was poor..no hot water in one sink..There was a wedding going on above us and quite loud...loudness doesn't bother me..cleanliness does...They could have cleaned our room better each morning but the basically just made bed and gave us towels..The A/C was dripping on the floor..seems like they may be doing some repairs..I would stay there again because like I said it was pretty clean and that is my biggest issue...If I wanted to spend another $100 a night I guess I might stay somewhere else..Liked being able to walk across the street to the beach...there was coffee but had to get it before 7:30AM..has ice machine..laundry was $2/load....I did see several people having to park on the street..parking did seem to be an issue but we pretty much left our car in one spot..So all and all it was OK..

1  Thank galbell
Reviewed 15 June 2010

I planned a weekend with my immediate and extended family for a birthday celebration. I booked multiple rooms under my name and for some reason that was too confusing b/c it took every family over a half hour to check in. I reserved "ocean view" which turned out to be us looking directly into the building right next door (no ocean view). I put the "do not disturb sign on the door and went to the beach" only to come back with my door left wide open all day with all my belongings exposed and the room was cleaned. I tried to hook onto the internet which didn't work and instead of allowing me to claim my credit the next morning i had to go back to the front desk 2 times in the middle of the night to get the money back. Then when i came home from the vacation i still had charges on my credit card from the failed internet attempt!! I had arranged for a special deal where breakfast was included- however upon checkin they failed to give me my coupons. The morning of breakfast the lady at the restaurant would not seat us without them and the front desk told me they couldn't help me or give me the coupons -- they told me i had to wait 45 min for the manager and i couldn't join my family who was already eating in the restaurant until she arrived! The front desk staff were the most inconsiderate, unhelpful, and unfriendly staff i have ever encountered. Customer service is pitiful. Rooms are outdated and old. Would NEVER recommend this hotel.

3  Thank adibo27
Reviewed 9 June 2010

I stayed @ the Grand with my husband and two small children for a long weekend. When we checked in Friday night everything appeared normal until we returned to the room from dinner to find a wedding reception going on right under our room and drunk people up and down the hallways until well after 3am. I probably would have just gotten over this fact had in not occured the second night with not only one reception below us but another above. The music was so horribly loud and when I called I was told that their receptions had priority. So we were up until after 2 am the second night. Needless to say no type of compensation, not even an apology. I have never had such poor service or rude staff as this. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone and have made all my friends and family aware.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank ang1075
Reviewed 7 June 2010

Has a wonderful heated pool - the pool is set back from the main street. It also has an indoor pool, but we never used it. The location is at the "quite" end of Beach Street. Entrance to the beach is just across the road. We stayed in an efficiency with a small refrig. The rooms could use some updating. If you plan to walk everywhere, it is a hike to the busy end of town. The hotel dinning room - Heminways - had a rude hostess at breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends