The Virginia Hotel
Carroll Villa Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$260
US$203
Official Site
Jetty Motel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$171
Congress Hall(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$351
Madison Avenue Beach Club Motel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$132
Wilbraham Mansion(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$290
US$262
Montreal Beach Resort(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$248
The Grand Hotel(Cape May)
US$189
La Mer Beachfront Inn(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$227
Ocean Club Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$253
Elaine's Bed & Breakfast Inn(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$205
All reviewsebbitt roomred cottagecontinental breakfastfront porchsilver traythe cottagescongress hallmy husband and ino elevatorvalet servicethird floorcape resortssister hotelthe main hotelboutique hotelyogurtspa shower
Reviewed 11 October 2011

My wife booked the Pink cottage for my 40th. We were there in April which is off season. The cottage was very clean and beautifully decorated. The building was aging a bit as the old wood windows were clanking during a storm. Although this could be distracting on a normal night - we stayed during a severe thunder storm and the clanking window actually added to the mood and was almost mystical. I think the adult beverages contributed to that. The thermostat didn't seem to work and we had difficulty controlling the temperature. Even though the building is aging it is an excellent cottage. Those who frequent shore towns see the classic beautiful older buildings being torn down with cardboard boxes that all look the same being put up. I say leave the older buildings in tact. They are a charm and give towns like Cape May their distinction. I'll take an older clean building over those cardboard boxes every day. If you need the best and newest of everything stay away and more importantly skip Cape May. This hotel and town have charm that can't be found in many places. The beach is a few steps away and the shopping and restaurants are right up the street.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank HB92397
Reviewed 28 September 2011

We actually live in Cape May, but had a night away from our children. We met up with some friends who also stayed at this hotel. We stayed in the Red Cottage across the street in the Jackson room. The place was beautiful and they were very accomadating. Would definately recommend this place. The restaurant is also excellent (Ebbit Room). We have eaten here many times!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2011

My wife and I recently stayed at this fine hotel. It is nice balance between Victorian charm and elegance and contemporary style. The hotel was booked solid, but you did not feel cramped. The intimate bar and dining room were busy each night. The food and drink quality and quantity were excellent. We have utilized this lodging for the past 15 years and we continue to return, not only in the summer, but also in the fall for Victorian Week and the very beautiful Christmas Season. Our favorite rooms are 203 and 205. If you are on a tight budget this may not be for you. We firmly believe you only get what you pay for. At the Virginia you get a lot. The staff are very competent and paid attention to all our needs. The rooms are well appointed and the furniture and bedding are comfortable. It is centrally located and the shops and restaurants in Cape May make any time spent there very enjoyable.

Room Tip: 203 and 205 have their own private porch.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank josephkT5875PR
VirginiaManager, General Manager at The Virginia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2011

Dear JAEK,
Thank you for your response. It is always nice to hear from our long time guests that have been with us through all of our changes and still find our service and standards to exceed expectation. Thanks again for the years of loyal patronage.

Reviewed 15 September 2011

Normally I'd give The Virginia Hotel 4-5 stars because we have stayed here many times over the years and have never had a complaint about the place. This May 6th, 2011 was a real disappointment to say the least. The hubs and I were celebrating our 31st anniversary. We pulled up to check in and they were sanding and painting the outside. No big deal I guess, they could have handled that off season but I'm not a big complainer because I love Cape May and could not wait to eat at the Ebbitt Room. To my dismay upon entering the hotel front doors I noticed that the Ebbitt Room's windows were boarded up. I asked the Hotel Manager what the deal was and he told me that they have been renovating it and most likely would not be completed until the end of the month. I feel that given the fact that the renowned restaurant is part of the Hotel I should have been contacted of the situation. We booked the Jackson room which is one of two private balconies in the hotel located on the second floor facing Jackson St. My husband and I decided to sit out there awhile to chill and enjoy a cocktail before dinner when all of a sudden coming right at us across the roof holding onto our railing in our private space was a painter. He looked embarrassed and would not look up. I was stunned. "Private balcony" means just that, "PRIVATE". IMO the hotel should not have charged us full dollar for the room with the poor situation it was in. Very Tacky business tactics which to me shows me that the The Virginia aint what it used to be. Will I stay here again? I may but not anytime soon that's for sure. We have many other places that we love to risk over 300 bucks a night in a Hotel that boasts about the Ebbitt Room only to have it boarded up and to have painters in our private balcony ready to have cocktails and lord knows what with the hubs and I. Oh and by the way, Steve Lamana the piano artist has been gone from here for 2 years. :-(

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank RFosh

Dear RFrosh,
I am very sorry to hear about your disspointment with your last stay with us while were under renovation. I am very sad to hear that this came as a shock since we made every effort to contact our guests by phone and e-mail prior to their arrival. We even went so far as to contact all of our third party vendors such as Expedia and Orbitz so that they could contact any of our guests who may have booked through them since we do not have access to their contact information. Either way, please accept my deepest apologies. I assure you that had your dissatisfaction been brought to my attention I would have gladly compensated your for the trouble or moved you to another property that would have been more peaceful. I can only hope that you will come back again in the near future and take advantage of the fruits of our labor in the new Ebbitt Room.

Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed at the Virginia Hotel/Inn in Cape May and it was fabulous,the decor in the Inn and the Rooms were just beautiful..if you like quaint ,atmosphere,great food at the restaurant the staff couldn't be more helpful.The room we had was so graciously decorated the bedding was soft and very comfortable ,we love,love loved it.
We are headed back in October with my brother from Alaska to celebrate our birthdays!! can't wait.They give you a continental breakfast that is just delicious..you must go.

Room Tip: all the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple