“Holiday visit in December”
Review of The Virginia Hotel

The Virginia Hotel
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
JC, NJ
“Holiday visit in December”
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Just returned from a delightful stay. The location was incredible. Half block to beach or shopping village. The room was cozy with plush bedding and bathroom towels. The shower was great with plenty of hot water and great shower heads. Bianca at the front desk was very sweet as was the maid.
Would recommend!

1 Thank familygirls

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Toms River
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Wife always wanted to see Cape May at Christmas time. Stayed at the Virginia and it was great! Nice helpful staff, very good room. It was beautiful around town and at the Virginia Hotel when all decorated and lit up for Christmas. We had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: 208 was great
old bridge,new jersey
Reviewed 6 December 2011

The Virginia Hotel was beautifully decorated for Christmas. Great time of year to go, Christmas tree lighting, Christmas parade, all the houses and horse and buggies were decorated... Great Restaurant "The Ebbitt Room" and Bar area.. The check in Girl was a little rude at the front desk upon checking in, because I was unhappy with the location of my room, #302, as I should have been, It overlooked air conditioners and heaters, wasnt pretty.. Mind you, I booked in August. Then we get a third floor room with no elevator... I would never have booked this hotel knowing that....The room was clean,. bed comfortable, Free Wifi, everything about the room was great... You have a choice either continental breakfast in bed or downstairs... We chose in bed... It was a nice, fresh breakfast, delicious coffee...When I returned home I realized my Dolce Cabana perfume and phone charger were left on the bathroom vanity in my #302 room, still plugged in... I called first thing and was told the housekeepers never saw it... Nothing I can say to that.. I went from room to car to home... So check your room twice, three times, because nothing will be returned to you.. That made me a little sour and the reason for my bad experience...

Room Tip: dont leave anything behind, you will never get it back and if you mind walking up 3 or 4 flights of...
2 Thank mamacat58
VirginiaMGT, General Manager at The Virginia Hotel, responded to this review, 12 December 2011
The Virginia was built in 1879 and is a boutique hotel. In an effort to preserve her historic integrity and intimacy, we decided not to add an elevator. For guests who desire elevators, we suggest our sister property, Congress Hall, located one block away. In the event our valets are not present our Front Desk is always available to provide luggage assistant to guest roomsas well. We apologize that we were unable to help you locate your perfume and will be sure to contact you should it turn up.
Long Valley, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I have been staying at The Virginia Hotel for the past 5 years, for atleast two weeks out of the year. I look forward to my visits every year. Its like a home away from home. "its my cheers" staff remember my name and are always more than accomodating. The rooms are always spotless. The hotel is in the center of Cape May and everything is within walking distance. I encourage anyone visiting Cape May NJ to visit and stay at The Virgina Hotel at least once.

Room Tip: Book in advance, rooms fill fast
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jeepthang00
Oradell, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We love the Virginia Hotel. 2nd time we stayed there, perfect getaway for the weekend. Beautiful hotel rooms, great service and perfect location. Walk to everything. Make sure you have dinner at the Ebbit Room, fantastic restaurant which was recently renovated. Love the bar area, fireplace, piano player, great ambiance. Have stayed at other hotels and bed and breakfast, but this is our favorite, hands down!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LAwoman74
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Visited Cape May for the first time in October and thoroughly enjoyed the Virginia Hotel. I found the staff to be professional, courteouse, and helpful. The valet service is a nice touch and the continental breakfast brought to you on a silver tray (either in your room, in the lounge, or on the porch) is very nice indeed. The restaurant was nice but pricey. The location in Cape May is dead center and very close to the beach. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, if you can afford it, especially 'in season'.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Traveled in late October with a friend to photograph the bird migration. We went during the week so it would be less crowded then on a weekend. But at this time of year it felt more like a ghost town...which I happened to like. Really liked the character of The Virginia, an old beautiful Victorian style mansion, well decorated. We had gotten a double bed room, very quaint, clean, comfortable beds. The only issue was that our windows didn't open (we were on the second floor) and my friend has sinus issues so we couldn't put the AC on, so it got a little stuffy. There is a restaurant there, continental breakfast included, really nice little bar and lounge and a great front porch to just relax.

The location is great, half block from beach and in the center of everything...to shopping and restaurants.

Just a warning...as this is an older building, we could here the guests above us when they showered...pipes are loud. And this not handicap accessible...no elevators that I saw. There is also Valet service, since there isn't any long term parking on the street...so prepare to tip a lot.

I would definitely go back again!

Room Tip: There are no elevators so if you stay on the upper floors, have the staff take your bags. Our second...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends