“Perfect!”

Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 13 October 2012

My husband and I had our wedding here recently. This was our first stay here as well. First, let me say Krista, Cape Resorts event coordinator, she was a real pleasure to work with. Planning an out of state wedding can be hard but she was always available if I had any questions or concerns. Let me say our wedding was very small, 12 people total, and we didn't have much of a reception, just dinner in their private dining room. The ceremony was held on the back patio which was perfect! Ok let's start with the AMAZING dinner!! We didn't have the normal wedding food because I wanted to let everyone enjoy choosing off the Ebbitt Room menu. OMG...amazing! Our server Sean( sorry if I spelled it wrong ) was great! We had two kids in our wedding and after the 3yr old almost had a meltdown over not having root beer he saved the day! Thank you! Not only was he great with the kids he chose a great selection of appetizers and drinks. he wasn't just a server too he helped me setup chairs and the patio for my ceremony. Enough about food...Ebbitt Room=amazing! The staff was very helpful, not only to me but while sitting in the lobby a couple of mornings they really went out of their way to make reservations at other restaurants, directions, help with room situations, get a drink for you or even just have a casual chat with you if needed. The room we stayed in was the Jackson room which was one of two rooms facing the front of the hotel. It was great! The room was clean and I wish we stayed longer to enjoy the porch! The bathroom was a bit small but the amazing shower made up for it. The maids were like ninjas. On our wedding day being in and out of the room all day somewhere they had time to quickly clean and turn down our room for the night! All and all we had an amazing couple of days at the Virginia Hotel! I am writing this review as a happy bride but I truley think the Virginia Hotel is as accomendating to everyone not just us because we were getting married. Thank you Virginia Hotel for making our wedding amazing!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 October 2012 via mobile

We stayed at a discount because we were using a Living Social coupon we had purchased. We stayed in The RED Cottage right across the street, and loved the cozyness and cleanliness of the small, three room and porch complex we had. The only disappointment was the dinner which we ate in the Virginia.....since we were staying at a discount for the room, I wanted to spend any additional monies at the facility providing the discount. We both just felt that the dinner missed the mark for the price we were paying............... over $100.00. I'd certainly stay here again, but I would also find anothrr restaurant to eat at.

• Stayed October 2012
Haddonfield, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 October 2012

We stayed during Oktoberfest weekend and thoroughly enjoyed the hotel. The vendors were right outside the hotel. We were able to sit on the front porch and watch the crowds go by. The room was immaculately clean, the staff friendly and accomodating. The bed was probably the best I've ever slept in outside of my own.

While I wasn't crazy about the room decor, it was functional. My main suggestion to the hotel is that the entry stair decoration of mums/pumpkins blocked the use of the handrails on both sides. I saw many elderly/disabled people being challenged by this and wondered if an accident was waiting to happen.

We dined in the Ebbitt Room. While the reservation we made 6 months ago somehow disappeared, they were able to accomodate our party of 9. The food was fabulous.

We will be back!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 8 October 2012

This is our eighth visit to Cape May and our third at the Virginia. This casually elegant property is by far our favorite. The hotel is located on a quiet side street a half block from the beach within walking distance to restaurants. The rooms are well appointed, the bedding heavenly and the staff warm and friendly. We have stayed at The Congress and The Star and enjoyed both....but prefer the quiet ambience of the Virginia. Just returned and looking forward to next fall!

Room Tip: No elevator...3rd floor rooms can be a challenge .
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
VirginiaMGT, General Manager at The Virginia Hotel, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
David,
I want to say a quick thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. It means a lot to know that we are still meeting the expectations of our a long time guests such as yourself. Hope to see you again in the fall.

Justin Mogavero
Manasquan, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Even though I am NJ born and raised this was my first overnight stay. The Virginia Hotel was the perfect location to come back to between enjoying everything Cape May has to offer as far as all things outside are concerned. The location and setup was really ideal. We enjoyed our stay in the Red Cottage, directly across the street from The Ebbit Room restaurant, also run by The Virginia Hotel. The room was more than spacious, well kept and very clean. Everything was simple with a touch of both home and sophistication. The huge, comfortable bed along with the quiet atmosphere was perfectly conducive to the relaxation we were searching out in going there. The Hotel's commitment to detail, even down to locally farmed and prepared foods, was refreshing and delicious. I would go back in a heartbeat and have already recommended a stay to several friends.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2012

We had stayed at the Virgina years ago based on the recommendation of a friend and liked it so much we designed several trips south via Cape May and the ferry so we could stay there. We recently decided to take a short vacation with some friends and went to Baltimore via Cape May so we could see if things had changed. Some things have, the property is bigger (some surrounding Victorian homes have been added to the choices of where to stay) but the old hotel and the great front porch is still the same. comfortable and just a bit of understated elegance. There is nothing like breakfast on the veranda! Or a nightcap after dinner at the hotel or one of several excellent restaurants within walking distance. But we must be getting older as the walk up to our 3rd floor room was a bigger chore than we remembered. Next time, a 2nd floor room (they are larger anyway)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2012

My husband and I enjoy staying at the Virginia Hotel. We come back to Cape May every year in September and we have stayed in other wonderful B&B and hotels but this hotel is our favorite. The bedding is so comfortable, the turndown service and attention to detail is great! And having the choice of pool or beach is a plus! The hotel is exceptionally clean and comfortable as well. We hope to be back again next year.

• Stayed September 2012