All reviews ebbitt room red cottage continental breakfast silver tray front porch the cottages congress hall breakfast delivered no elevator valet service my husband and i third floor cape resorts the main hotel sister hotel yogurt boutique hotel
Reviewed 1 February 2013

We stayed for one night, Saturday of the January long weekend, as a quick getaway from New York and to see a new area. Like someone else said the the hotel is a cross between a B&B and a swanky hotel. Valet parking is a nice touch and its good you can choose where and when you want breakfast but the restaurant downstairs is quite expensive and there are very few alternative options for places to go in winter. Our dinner was good but trying too hard - too much seasoning on the steak and tiny sides of vegetables which they didnt even apologize for when we complained.
The town is really pretty and I imagine it would be crazy busy in summer. If I was to go back in summer I would probably stay in more of an apartment than here but it was a nice option for one night.

1  Thank Nicky874
Reviewed 30 January 2013

My husband and I stayed here for the weekend of Jan. 25-27th 2013. First of all don't come to this area during the winter because there is hardly anything to do. It looked liked a ghost town when we arrived on Friday. The hotel was cute and clean. Liked the hot chocolate on Friday when we got there, but they did not have it on Saurday. The room was ok.Bed was comfortable. I feel like it was way overpriced for the winter season. The restaurant in the hotel was expensive as well. Had to go out of Cape May to find a diner to eat in. The hotel has complimentary continental breakfast that they delivered to your room( which was nice , we did not have to get dressed to get breakfast) Only thing is that you are not really allowed to pick as much as you want from the menu ( not so nice). My husband was starving 2 hours later.

Reviewed 21 January 2013

Unfortunately, our stay at the Virginia Hotel was very short. My husband and I got there around 6:00 p.m. Thursday night and had to leave by 9:30 the next morning, but regardless of the quick stop, we still very much enjoyed our stay.

The Virginia Hotel offers a nice combination of a quaint B&B mixed with a modern feel. Our room was bit basic, but nice. I’m sure there are nicer rooms, but because our stay was so short, we opted for one of their more inexpensive choices. Our bed was extremely comfortable and the shower was large with three shower heads. I was also happy to see that their complimentary toiletries were Bvlgari, which is a favorite of mine!

After checking in, my husband and I had pre-dinner cocktails at the bar in the Ebbit Room. The bar area is very cozy and the bartender was friendly. There is also a lounge area with a fireplace where you can enjoy your drinks. We wanted to have dinner at the Ebbit Room, but because it was a Thursday night during slow season, they were only offering their bar menu. We instead made reservations at the Peter Shields Inn, about a mile away, which was excellent. We were served breakfast in our room the next morning, which was complimentary. Breakfast was a bit limited, but good; although, they did forget part of my husband’s order.

I would definitely recommend the Virginia Hotel and we’re hoping to be back for a longer stay. I’m sure it’s beautiful closer to Christmas. Overall, the Virginia Hotel was very cozy and is within walking distance to both the Washington Street Mall and the beach.

I only have a couple of minor complaints about the hotel. The walls were very thin and sometimes we could hear the muffled conversations of the people next door. Also, there is no parking lot, so you must park on the street. Even during the slow season, we had to park down the street. However, I do believe they have valet parking during the busier seasons. Also, there are no elevators. This was not an issue for me and my husband, but may be for someone who has difficulty walking.

Regardless of those minor issues, we’re looking forward to our trip back.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Godiva0318
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Have stayed at Virginia hotel before and our experience with nothing short of awesome once again. If you are booking a package which includes a pre-paid voucher for dinner, watch out - you STILL need to make reservatiosn with the restaruant. Apparently, the hotel and reservatiosn for dinner are two separate processes and just because you pre pay for a vouchers does not guarentee yuou a reservation at the Ebbits Room. I discussed this with the General Manager of the Virginia Hotel, Justin Mogavero, and he was aware of this issue already. It would have been nice when making the room reservatino on line that a pop up box told you you needed to make separate dinner reservation too!

Date of stay: December 2012
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Booked for January 2, 2013, one night and pleasantly surprised the holiday crowds were gone and we had the place to ourselves. it was wonderful and first class service. Off season rates are great. Cozy living room, fireplace lit and just reading and relaxing. Spa treatment at Congress Hall was excellent and again we had the place to ourselves. Would defintely recommend the Virginia and we will come back!

• Trip type: Travelled with family