The Virginia Hotel
Jetty Motel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$171
Madison Avenue Beach Club Motel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$132
Congress Hall(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$351
The Southern Mansion(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$249
Carroll Villa Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$260
Montreal Beach Resort(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$248
The Grand Hotel(Cape May)
US$189
La Mer Beachfront Inn(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$227
Ocean Club Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$253
Hotel Macomber(Cape May)
US$139
All reviewsebbitt roomred cottagecontinental breakfastfront porchsilver traythe cottagescongress hallmy husband and ino elevatorvalet servicethird floorcape resortssister hotelthe main hotelboutique hotelyogurtspa shower
Reviewed 27 June 2013

This was my 5th stay at The Virginia and the first time in the room I had. When I was booking I couldn't find any pics or reviews of the room so I took my own to post here.
There were plusses and minuses from my last visit from last year, but this trip was a week later in the season that 2012 and much busier.
They were MUCH better staffed, I had someone get my car right away, get my bags, breakfast on time, wait staff on the porch all wonderful and attentive. Last year was not the case.
The bed and linens are the best, I slept like a baby and felt so great in the morning! I want to own this bed! Of course I would also like the linens and someone to make it up for me everyday too, ha ha
The room was very clean, but not as clean as the previous year which so meticulous!
The front porch, the front (parlor) and side rooms all comfortable, clean and beautiful.
I did not try the restaurant so can not comment, but did get a cheese platter on the porch and was in heaven.
The first morning I had no hot water for my shower but the next 2 nights it was plentiful.
One night I had very noisy guests, not from in their room but from a LOT of in and out and slamming doors late at night (between 10:30 and 11:30, up and down to the bar presumably), but the rest of the stay very quiet.
My little private porch was on the side by the Mad Batter and was a perfect little size with 2 chairs in the Virginia decor. Only negative thing was there was a good sized flower box that was untended to and full of weeds and stuff. I wanted to clean it out!
The beach staff was great, as soon as you get there they set up a chair, umbrella and towels wherever you want on the beach. Such luxury :-)
The breakfast was just OK, light. choices of 2 things. options are cheddar chive biscuit, bagel, boiled egg, fruit cup or artisan bread. and of course juice and coffee or tea.
Wish I could have stayed longer!

Room Tip: I personally like the 2nd floor best, less stairs and less hidden away.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 June 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Virginia hotel for one night on a very warm weekend in May to celebrate my birthday. The public areas such as the lobby, hallways and rooms are decorated very tastefully. The restaurant in the hotel is very good. Everything was nice but I can't really say that the service was truly exceptional. The staff at the front desk were polite and professional but I mostly felt that they were just going about their job. The same can be said about the ebbit room wait staff. For the price I paid, I would've expected better service.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We booked our stay for our anniversary and had a very poor experience...We had high expectations based on the reviews but everything from the lack of friendliness at the front desk during check in, poor dining experiences, and no hot water during our stay all caused me to rate this as poor. I didn't include the back ache that I had for two days following my trip due to the ultra bouncy bed. I did like the decor of the hotel and the room was set up nice. When we arrived for dinner, we were greeted with complimentary champagne for our anniversary. That was a nice touch. I had the steak and cake and my NY Strip was dry and extremely salty. I usually never complain but I let the waiter know about my steak and he said that I was not the only one that told him that. I proceeded and ate the steak because I usually don't like to send things back. My wife had the filet with crab for I believe $52 and she asked for the steak to be cooked medium well because she's 6 months pregnant. When she cut through the second layer, it was rare. Probably should have sent it back but she ate around the edges. The waiter also acknowledged that the steak was rare when he looked at it. The worst part, he said the manager offered 10% off coupon or a 20% off coupon for the blue pig restaurant..Really? $120 meal and you want to take $12 off? That was insulting...No visit by a manager or anything. Waiter seemed to show empathy but the 10% off was a joke. Day 2, we get up and my wife goes to take a shower and no hot water...Not even a little warm, it was cold as ice. No heads up from anyone in the hotel that there was an issue. When I was checking out, I asked about the hot water issue which the man acknowledged. They offered 10% off for our troubles. So another $23 savings for no hot water. Again, I am not a complainer but when you are paying $230 for a room and $120 for dinner, the standards of this hotel should be a little bit higher. I will not be staying at this hotel again as there are many other choices in the area. I really wanted to like this hotel but could not based on the major negative experiences I had.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Resortenthusiast78
Reviewed 21 June 2013

This hotel definitely met our expectations based on reviews and price. The staff are friendly and helpful, including the valet. Our room was spotless and breakfast was light and delicious. The decor and accomodations are tasteful and charming. We loved spending downtime on the large porch with cushioned benches while sipping a cocktail. location is perfect, in the middle of most tourist attractions including the beach. We will likely return!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank chrisandrela
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Once again we returned to the Virginia Hotel. This time to enjoy the early summer and celebrate our 22nd wedding anniversary! Dinner at the Ebbitt Room was outstanding and the wait staff excellent. All staff members were professional and even provided a golf cart ride to Peter Sheilds for dinner. Our room overlooked Jackson Street and we truly enjoyed breakfast every morning on the deck and a bottle of wine. We will be returning again in the Fall!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple