The Virginia Hotel
Jetty Motel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$171
Madison Avenue Beach Club Motel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$132
Congress Hall(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$419
The Southern Mansion(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$249
Carroll Villa Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$260
La Mer Beachfront Inn(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$227
Ocean Club Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$253
The Grand Hotel(Cape May)
US$189
Hotel Macomber(Cape May)
US$139
Montreal Beach Resort(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$245
Travelocity
All reviewsebbitt roomred cottagecontinental breakfastfront porchsilver traythe cottagescongress hallmy husband and ino elevatorvalet servicethird floorcape resortssister hotelthe main hotelboutique hotelyogurtspa shower
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We had a wonderful two night stay in mid-May. the room is cosy, but very comfortable. The linens are high quality as are the room amenities (e.g., Bulgari bath products). The continental breakfast was tasty (yummy muffins and artisanal bread). The inn provided free valet parking. We had also brought our bicycles and were able to lock them up at the side of the inn. The shoulder season price was reasonable. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed this past weekend with my husband and we had such a wonderful time. The girls at the front desk were welcoming and professional and the rooms were spotless. We enjoyed drinks in the lounge and had a delicious dinner in the Ebbitt Room. We will definitely be going back every year and recommend it to everyone looking for a romantic and relaxing get away.

Location can't be beat - only half a block from the beach and the heart of town.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We recently stayed here off season and thought it was fantastic. The staff was sweet and friendly. The room was lovely, much as shown on the website. Very clean and a good size. The bathroom was a bit small but fine. The DirectTV and free internet were much appreciated on a cold day. We did not take advantage of the shared facilities but were pleasantly surprised to learn that we could have gone to the Congress Hall pool. The simple free breakfast in your room was a nice touch. All in all, we will be hoping to stay here again. Really lovely.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My sister and I treated my mother with 2 nights over Mother's Day weekend. We found the hotel to have a lovely old charm, very clean, and have an excellent location. However, the staff seemed to lack the professionalism and friendliness that I would expect. The front desk was between the main entrance and the steps up to the rooms, so guests walked in from of the desk frequently. Just about 100% of the time, we were not greeted. The young ladies at the desk, were always looking down, doing their work, but did not raise their heads. A polite "good morning", "hello", or "how are you?" -- Is that too much to ask?? We always had to speak first. Secondly, I can't count the number of times we asked staff members questions such as "Does the hotel have beach chairs available?" . . . and received the answer "I don't really know". Seriously? I worked for the Marriott corportion for several years, and they had a 15/15 rule for ALL employees -- if any guest was within 15 feet of you, you MUST greet them within 15 seconds. If not, and a guest complained, you were warned. Second complaint, you were fired. The company that owns the Virginia should follow. The staff needs significant customer service/hospitality training. I would not recommend this hotel, and will not return. There are too many others in Cape May that I want to try.

Room Tip: There is no elevator. If you can't handle steps, ask for a 1st floor room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed our anniversary weekend at the Virginia. It's historic and elegant without being stuffy. The hotel is located between the beach and the Washington St Mall, half a block in either direction. A perfect location!
Our room was clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable. The good-sized bathroom had a double walk-in shower with a rainwater head. Very nice.
The staff was helpful and friendly.
Our room was on the 3rd floor, and there's no elevator, just stairs.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple