“Will stay again”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cape May Court House
Ponderosa Campground
Reviewed 27 August 2012

My mom and my aunt love staying at the cabins with the bathroom. We stay at a tent site with water and electric. Manager and guy at Boogie board were very helpful as our alternator died on our minivan. Loved the buffet breakfast, we all enjoyed it. Check in and out was a breeze as usual. I noticed more cabins have been added. Pool was refreshing (but a bit cold). Surprised only one bathhouse open, years ago I thought there were two. Grounds are very well kept. Will be back.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 August 2012

We stayed in the cabins, which are much cheaper than most hotel rooms in the area. You have to bring your own sheets & towels & soap, but it's worth the price savings. The cabins are clean and quiet; each has an air conditioner, so they're kept cool, and the hum of the a/c is just enough to keep whatever noises might be outside at bay. The mattresses on the beds in the cabins are very uncomfortable, so if you aren't filling up the 3 beds in your cabin, take the extra mattress and put it underneath the mattress you're using and then the beds are just fine. The campground is located close enough to Avalon, Stone Harbor, and Cape May to make it easy. Really, there was only one problem. One evening, we got back to our cabin and the key got stuck in the lock. Nothing that a little WD40 couldn't handle, except that we didn't happen to have WD40 on us, and there was no one at the office and no one to answer the phone all night long. So we had to go to sleep with the key stuck in the door, which meant that we couldn't lock the cabin all night long. No one tried to break in, but still, I didn't feel safe, being unable to lock the door all night. The staff here are all really wonderful, all willing to go the extra mile, whether that means to call you when your cabin is ready to move into or to help you move your belongings from one place to another. I am dinging this place on service because they have no one available overnight (the key got stuck around 10pm) to deal with emergencies. They sell food, but we didn't buy any there, so I can't report on that. They also have a swimming pool on premises.

Room Tip: Having a cabin with a bathroom is worth the difference in price as compared to a cabin without a bat...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sha03
Reviewed 18 August 2012

we took a cabin with no bathroom because that's all that was left. It was a nice size but you can see the start of some water damage because the a/c is poorly installed.

The common restrooms/showers are really showing age. Rusted sinks and even a bucket under the counter to recuperate water that came from a leak, but the bucket was overflowing!!!

It's also on the edge of a golf club, so expect a lot of noise in the morning or late at night when they take care of the course.

The pool is great though, so the campground is ok if you want to have a place to sleep, but plan to spend most of your time at the beach

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I'll start with the 2 negatives.. I've done camping before but here.. The Mosquitos were no joke.. It is camping so it's expected but bring lots of repellents. The 2nd, I chose to stay in the cabins with bathrooms.. And they cabins are really cute very small but cute.. But the price was too much for what you're getting.. Beds are not very comfy.. I read a review to bring an air bed and so I did.. But overall, my family and I enjoyed it very much we were close to wildwood and went there 2x's during our stay.. The pool was great.. The campgrounds kept clean.. We had absolutely no problems checking in or out.. Would definitely return maybe during the fall (less mosquitos lol).

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Camping at ponderosa was so easy and fun. We stayed in a cabin with four people and had plenty of room. There was a heated pool and a snackbar on premises and was just a short drive to Avalon NJ. The cabins were clean and the grounds were too A++++

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Ponderosa campground was perfect!! The Employees were so friendly and helpful and they are super pet friendly! Camping
Bathrooms are always dirty so I'm not going to complain about that. I have nothing negative to say about this place we had a great time!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 12 July 2012

A Mini Anniversary trip for My Husband and Myself. Arrived Saturday and left Monday morning. We had never stayed at a campground in New Jersey before and we really enjoyed it. We stayed in a cabin with a bathroom. It was cute, compact, functional and everything we needed. It was very clean. I brought linens for the bed but forgot to pack the pillows. It was no problem as there is ample shopping near by. The staff at the campgrounds were plesant and helpful. Our neighbors at the campgrounds were friendly and quiet. The pool was nice. The ocean beach was just a short ride and that was clean and nice also. We enjoy Boogie Boarding. There is a ZOO very close by that we didn't get to see, but definitely will when we go back. Lots of places to eat. We went to the Wildwood boardwalk one evening. Then after we left on Monday we spent the day in Atlantic City. Ponderosa campgrounds is very centrally located. We recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape May Court House
Seashore Campsites & RV Resort
Big Timber Lake Family Camping Resort
Big Timber Lake Family Camping R...
#1 of 5 in Cape May Court House
#1 of 2 in Cape May Court House
Doctor's Inn
Doctor's Inn
#1 of 2 in Cape May Court House

Been to Ponderosa Campground? Share your experiences!