“I love this place BUT!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cape May Court House
Ponderosa Campground
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed at Ponderosa twice this summer. The first time, in June, just for two days, it was great. The room was clean, it was quiet at night, so all was well. The campground is convenient to the shore, so what more could anyone ask for? The second time, I stayed for 4 nights in mid-August. Again, the room was clean. But a very large family took the cabins on both sides of me and another one or two nearby. They set up a spotlight that shone right into my cabin and were loud well past midnight, with kids screaming and adults likely drunk and noisy. I didn't know there was an "emergency phone number" to call, as there is no one in the office at night, and since there were so many people in this large family (over 15 adults) and only one of me that night, I was afraid to go out and ask them to be quiet. I got no sleep all night long. To the credit of Ponderosa, they gave me a break on my bill for that night, but I would have happily traded that credit for a quiet night's sleep. They really need to have an on-site manager overnight to deal with late-night rowdy guests. I love the cabins, and the staff couldn't be nicer, but the bottom line is that I expect to be able to sleep at night when I am staying somewhere.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Sha03

Reviewed 23 August 2013

We had the most wonderful stay at Ponderosa this past.week. We stayed in a cabin.without a bathroom, but the bathhouse was right accross the street so it was no issue at all. The staff were ALL so friendly, so nice and helpful from the front desk/store to the workers at the snack bar and buffet, just wonderdul. I could not be happier, it is super close to the free zoo, a quick zip to Wildwood, and it has a great kid friendly pool which is actually open late!! I loved that we can go for an evening swim! The cabin we rented was CLEAN, the bathhouse CLEAN, the pool CLEAN...it was just such a great find. The ability to book online just makes it our new number one choice! Thanks Ponderosa!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We have been staying here for a couple of years now. We love it because my mom (82) and my aunt (72) can get a Cabin with a bathroom. The cabins have air conditioning, frig, TV, table and a front porch. They enjoy sitting on the front porch. I have a pop up and stay around the corner. I love that Ponderosa has a website that you can view availability! I think every campground should have it. This trip we met a very nice and friendly family from Montreal. Sometimes the campground is more crowded than others. Our 4 days there were very quiet and peaceful. The pool is nice and the buffet breakfast is so good. We plan to stay here many more times. The staff is excellent!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2013

My family and I stayed there last August. It was horrible. A group came in with four days left in our reservation and took the 4-5 cabins to the left of us. They were very loud and obxnoxious. Their music was blaring all hours of the day and night. We complained as did others and nothing was done. We even called the police. The guy threatened me in front of my two young children and husband. I again reported it and nothing was done. I was told to call the police and as the police told me they campground had to take care of it because it was private property. Than their maintence/security guy/whatever other titles he had actually threatened to have my husband and I arrested in front of my two young children who were hysterically crying because of the things the guy was saying to my husband. Worst vacation ever. If was evident that they cared more about the guy who rented 4-5 cabins with children left unattended then the families who only rented one. We intended on going back but never again.

You also can't sit outside at night because the place is over run with skunks. We counted 15 in one night and they were all in different places. Do yourself and your family a favor and look elsewhere for you vacation. Save yourself the aggravation and lack of customer service. All they care about is the money.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank crazyformickey
Reviewed 11 July 2013

WOW what a wonderful stay my family and I had! First making my reservation over the phone the staff member I spoke to was extremely polite, friendly and helpful. Then checking in I was welcomed with a warm greeting by the nice girls in the office. My family and I rented two cabins which were clean, fresh and comfortable. We really felt at home being able to go in the pool with my children, as well as sitting at the snack bar and having a great lunch. I was not too familiar with the area of South Jersey so one of the staff memebers explained everything around the campground and even printed out directions to the WildWood Beach for me. I have never felt so relaxed and at home while away on vacation. I could not imagine going to any other campground because my stay at Ponderosa was just fabulous! I highly recommend booking a reservation here, you just cant go wrong!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

We called at the last minute and was able to get a cabin with bath room and air conditioning. There was a frig and microwave in our cabin as well as curtains covering the windows and a shower curtain. The rest you need to supply like linens and towels. We brought our dogs with us as a way to save money and still get away for a bit.
From the first phone call to check availability to the arrival several hours later in a heavy rain storm all the staff was happy and so friendly not to mention helpful. We didn't use the pool or laundry however it looked clean and inviting and the breakfast was affordable and freshly prepared.
While it rained nightly I was happy and dry inside the cabin. We sat on the porch (bring your lawnchairs) and enjoyed greeting folks as they walked their dogs past. Everyone was a responsible dog owner which I was so glad to see. We didn't hear endless barking or kids that were out of control. My husband and I are planning another visit to the ponderosa campground this summer. In my opinion best beach to take your dogs to during the summer is higbees beach. It's on the bay side between the concrete ship and the ferry. Its a free beach-no beach tags needed but bring bug spray!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Our whole family loves this campground. Everything is clean, the people are friendly and the pool is excellent. We've been coming for years, sometimes twice a year, and will keep coming. Ponderosa is centrally located to all southern New Jersey attractions. We've stayed in other campgrounds before this but Ponderosa is definitely the nicest and best.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank asst30
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape May Court House
Big Timber Lake Family Camping Resort
Big Timber Lake Family Camping R...
#1 of 5 in Cape May Court House
#1 of 2 in Cape May Court House
Doctor's Inn
Doctor's Inn
#1 of 2 in Cape May Court House

Been to Ponderosa Campground? Share your experiences!