“A pleasant surprise...”

Cape May County Park & Zoo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Have a wild time as you explore more than 85 acres of beautifully maintained exhibits. With 200 different species of mammals, birds, amphibians and reptiles and approximately 500 animals, you're sure to see something new. The Cape May County Zoo is open 364 days a year (closed Christmas). Summer Hours: 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Winter Hours: 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. beginning November 1st. No admission fee. That's right! The zoo is free of charge! Donations are GREATLY appreciated! Join the FUN, where the admission is always FREE!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A pleasant surprise...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012 via mobile

One would think a free zoo in cape may must be somewhat average... Boy, was I mistaken! Bears, camels, lions, birds, alligators, monkeys...wow!!! You will really enjoy taking your children here... I know we did.

Pennsylvania
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Love it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

I LOVE this zoo! It is free, but I do hope many donate! The paths are wide enough you are not bumping into crowds. It is clean~except the bathroom outside the zoo could have used some service. A large variety of animals. There is a lion, tiger, bear, oh my! And just so much more. I was able to see 1 of the baby snow leopards. Many peacocks, and variety of birds. Look for the white bird, and your in for a surprise! He talks! Giraffes, zebras, lemurs, and just such a variety. They have the largest bobcat and flamingo I have ever seen. A must visit! Spent at least 3 hrs there.

1 Thank goin_south78
Exton, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

Took my 11 yr old daughter here for the 2nd time. Very natural setting. Reminds me of the wacatee zoo in myrtle beach. Snow leopard cubs were adorable. Great giraffe exhibit.

Floral Park, New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Beautiful experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

I agree, I can't believe that this place is free, they just ask for a donation!!! This was a beautiful place. It seems that the animals are well cared for. We got there at 11, they open at 10 and it was packed!!! Lots of families with children. What a wonderful experience!! I like how they had so many little areas to sit and relax since there is a lot of walking. The staff was helpful and courteous. We went to see the snow leopard cubs but I guess it was too hot for them!! Still there were many other animals to see including a beautiful tiger. The otters are really cute too!!! Well worth going to!!!!

Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
193 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 296 helpful votes
“Top Notch Zoo, especially for free!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

Cape May County Zoo is a big, beautiful zoo, not to mention free. We traveled down to Cape May when the zoo announced two baby snow leopards had joined the exhibit with their mother.

For a free zoo, it was much bigger than we expected, and had a lot of animals. Not only did we get to see the baby snow leopards, but also monkeys of all sorts, bald eagles, turtles, red pandas, bears and more.

There is a $1 per person suggested donation. As we pulled in, there was a zoo employee taking donations, as well as mailboxes around the zoo for making donations.

We traveled here with our 5-year-old niece, and one thing we loved was there were not food stands or gift shops inside the zoo. In fact, food and drinks are prohibited in the zoo except in designated areas. There is one small gift shop that you must pass to get in and out of the zoo, as well as a carousel.

Visited June 2012