“Better than we expected.”

Cape May County Park & Zoo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Have a wild time as you explore more than 85 acres of beautifully maintained exhibits. With 200 different species of mammals, birds, amphibians and reptiles and approximately 500 animals, you're sure to see something new. The Cape May County Zoo is open 364 days a year (closed Christmas). Summer Hours: 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Winter Hours: 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. beginning November 1st. No admission fee. That's right! The zoo is free of charge! Donations are GREATLY appreciated! Join the FUN, where the admission is always FREE!
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Never visited the cape may county zoo until recently. I didn't expect too much because cape may county is a small community. We were surprised at the variety of animals there! Everything from ducks and deer that you would expect, to exotic animals like snow lepords, elephants, lions, tigers and a lot more... What a hidden treasure!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,388)
All reviews
"snow leopard"
in 33 reviews
"big cats"
in 27 reviews
"wide variety of animals"
in 28 reviews
in 35 reviews
"train ride"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed 28 July 2012

Since I'm from granby in canada and we have a zoo here, I wasn't expecting such a great experience for a free zoo... There is a great variety of animal and everything is clean... I was expecting a little place but in fact it's much larger than I thought... It's worth the trip since it's rare to have a place to visit that is free... You can make a donation and I think it's worth it...

Reviewed 22 July 2012

I took my children years ago and now my grandchildren to this zoo. I have seen many changes over the years and it just keeps getting better! I hope everyone does donate so this fine place can keep on providing a great zoo for everyone. They have such a wide selection of animals and they all seem so well taken care of. Take a break from the beach to go here and you won't be sorry!

Reviewed 22 July 2012 via mobile

Great place to go on an overcast day or when you are looking for something different to do. Kids and parents will both enjoy. Nicely laid out. Never too crowded! Highly recommend!
Leopard cubs and lion were favorites from our visit.

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 July 2012

We've gone to the Zoo almost everytime we vacation in Stone Harbor, and that's been for the past eleven years or so. It was recommended to us first in 2000, and we were surprised that there even was a zoo in Cape May County. I recall we went to the "aquarium" in Bermuda, paying a high fee and expecting something wonderful...but, not to be and very small. So, the first time we went to the Cape May Zoo, our expectations were not very high. What a pleasant surprise! Wide paths, varied exhibits with camels, giraffes and ostriches along with a very loud Bengal tiger. While it's free, they do ask for donations and they are deserving of them. The settings and landscaping are beautiful and in keeping with the larger animals' natural habitats.
Well worth seeng and supporting!