“Clean, relaxing stroll”

Cape May County Park & Zoo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Have a wild time as you explore more than 85 acres of beautifully maintained exhibits. With 200 different species of mammals, birds, amphibians and reptiles and approximately 500 animals, you're sure to see something new. The Cape May County Zoo is open 364 days a year (closed Christmas). Summer Hours: 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Winter Hours: 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. beginning November 1st. No admission fee. That's right! The zoo is free of charge! Donations are GREATLY appreciated! Join the FUN, where the admission is always FREE!
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I go with my children about once a year to this FREE, clean, very nice zoo in South Jersey. They have a decent array of animals, there's a playground and picnic area outside the front entrance. Food is reasonable if you don't pack your own and eat in the picnic areas. Overall, my kids love it and so do I. I've been to other zoos much larger, but you feel you're always trying to move around huge crowds, pay for parking, pay for entrance, etc. Here, you can give a donation if you wish to keep the zoo going, which my family does as we don't want to lose this nice day trip getaway.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,379)

Reviewed 1 August 2012

First of all it's free. It's a nice educational trip for the kids. They keep it very clean and have a nice play ground and picnic area. We love to pack our lunch and eat there and the kids love the play area.

Reviewed 31 July 2012

What a lovely place to spend a morning or afternoon or all day. The animals are well cared for and the whole place is so clean. There is no admission, only a donation of your choice. Lunch is available for reasonable prices so take the whole bunch of visiting kids!!

Reviewed 30 July 2012

Never visited the cape may county zoo until recently. I didn't expect too much because cape may county is a small community. We were surprised at the variety of animals there! Everything from ducks and deer that you would expect, to exotic animals like snow lepords, elephants, lions, tigers and a lot more... What a hidden treasure!

Reviewed 28 July 2012

Since I'm from granby in canada and we have a zoo here, I wasn't expecting such a great experience for a free zoo... There is a great variety of animal and everything is clean... I was expecting a little place but in fact it's much larger than I thought... It's worth the trip since it's rare to have a place to visit that is free... You can make a donation and I think it's worth it...