“Great cheap and fun time for families”

Cape May County Park & Zoo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Have a wild time as you explore more than 85 acres of beautifully maintained exhibits. With 200 different species of mammals, birds, amphibians and reptiles and approximately 500 animals, you're sure to see something new. The Cape May County Zoo is open 364 days a year (closed Christmas). Summer Hours: 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Winter Hours: 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. beginning November 1st. No admission fee. That's right! The zoo is free of charge! Donations are GREATLY appreciated! Join the FUN, where the admission is always FREE!
Reviewed 29 June 2010

This zoo was excellent for the price. I honestly was expecting much worse but it was really clean. The caretakers were Really nice too. My kids had a great time. The food was a bit expensive but hey the entrance was free!(donation based). Whaddaya expect? Excellent.

Reviewed 27 June 2010

What a great zoo. Very clean and well kept, my kids had a blast. They liked being able to get so close to the animals. All it cost us was a $20.00 donation.

Reviewed 26 June 2010

The Cape May Zoo is one of the nicest zoos I've visited. We have four kids so going anywhere with them becomes an expense. This zoo is free! They ask for a donation when you enter and honestly if you don't give one you'll feel badly afterwards. Very clean, animal habitats large and clean. Great descriptions for all the animals. Wide paths-handicap accessible for wheelchair or scooter. We saw everything from bald eagles to 3 different types of lemurs, a tiger a lion, flamingos, wallabies, farm animals, peacocks, camels, buffalo, zebras, giraffes, ostriches, red pandas and more. Really cute merry go round where the animals you ride aren't just horses, but all different as well as a small train ride. The large cats were really vocal the day we were there-it gave a real sense of their power. I was impressed with the size of the animals habitats, I have not seen this in other zoos I've visited and I've been to the Philadelphia Zoo, The Bronx Zoo, The Rochester Zoo (NY), The Baltimore Zoo. Other zoos could learn from this zoo. Very enjoyable just wish we picked a cooler day so we could have enjoyed it longer.

Reviewed 25 June 2010

Fun free day and a large zoo area for the family. The carosel and the train cost money, but the zoo is free. They ask for a donation which we gave because the place is really nice. Take a day and visit with your kids. You will have fun.

Reviewed 21 June 2010

Clean, free and ample parking. Food prices on high side.

1  Thank theewhitehouse