This campground is in a good location to explore Cape May but because of the tight turns and overhanging trees this would be a difficult park for new big rig drivers. The entry way into the park is narrow with a brick pillar on each side so swing wide with your big rig when going in. Our 40ft Class A was fine on all roads leading to the park so you can avoid the tolls on the New Jersey turnpike. It is a large campground but only about half the sites are available to RVers for rent and the rest are occupied by permanent travel trailers. Of those sites to rent, two thirds are full hookups, the rest are power and water sites only. The roads in the park are hard packed gravel and the sites are level grass and gravel with a nice space for your table, chairs and fire ring. The trees are great for shade but make it nearly impossible to get your satellite to work. Sprint phone barely showed a bar and our hot spot was like dial-up at best. Bathrooms are large and clean but the showers were coin operated. Laundry room, pavilion, office and pool were all clean and well maintained. Staff was friendly and helpful. There are a multitude of planned activities and there is a snack bar near the pool that serves fast food and ice cream.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the finest in resort family camping at Big Timber Lake - in the heart of the Jersey Cape. You'll find all the wonders of life in the wilderness with all the conveniences of a modern campground.Enjoy all the fabulous recreational facilities such as a swimming pool, on-site lake, kayak rentals, miniature golf, hiking,planned events and much more.Just minutes away in Cape May, you'll find sailing and pleasure boating, fresh local seafood, sightseeing, shopping, and exciting night life. At Big Timber Lake you can have it all! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and PitchUp so you can book your Big Timber Lake Family Camping Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Big Timber Lake Family Camping Hotel Cape May Court House
- Big Timber Lake Family Camping Resort New Jersey/Cape May Court House, Jersey Shore