My wife and I went to this campground because the one we usually stay at did not have space. I am very happy they didn't because we had a great experience. We found the staff to be very friendly and knowledgeable, and the grounds were kept very clean and safe. There were families with kids of all ages and the campground appeared to cater to the kids. There were plenty of activities for them, day and evening. In fact one of the nights the campground staff showed movies, for the kids, on a large portable screen. The cost for the campground was reasonable. We had a pull through site that was gravel/dirt and was not as level as I would have liked but the size was very adequate and each site appeared to have a picnic table and a fire ring. There is a nice sized pool that was kept very clean. We didn't tow a car this trip and called Enterprise. Even though they are 15 minutes away they came and picked us up when they said they would. All in all I would recommend this campground to anyone that wants to visit the Cape May area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the finest in resort family camping at Big Timber Lake - in the heart of the Jersey Cape. You'll find all the wonders of life in the wilderness with all the conveniences of a modern campground.Enjoy all the fabulous recreational facilities such as a swimming pool, on-site lake, kayak rentals, miniature golf, hiking,planned events and much more.Just minutes away in Cape May, you'll find sailing and pleasure boating, fresh local seafood, sightseeing, shopping, and exciting night life. At Big Timber Lake you can have it all! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Big Timber Lake Family Camping Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Big Timber Lake Family Camping Hotel Cape May Court House
- Big Timber Lake Family Camping Resort New Jersey/Cape May Court House, Jersey Shore