“Really nice campground”

Big Timber Lake Family Camping Resort
South Fallsburg, New York
“Really nice campground”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I went to this campground because the one we usually stay at did not have space. I am very happy they didn't because we had a great experience. We found the staff to be very friendly and knowledgeable, and the grounds were kept very clean and safe. There were families with kids of all ages and the campground appeared to cater to the kids. There were plenty of activities for them, day and evening. In fact one of the nights the campground staff showed movies, for the kids, on a large portable screen. The cost for the campground was reasonable. We had a pull through site that was gravel/dirt and was not as level as I would have liked but the size was very adequate and each site appeared to have a picnic table and a fire ring. There is a nice sized pool that was kept very clean. We didn't tow a car this trip and called Enterprise. Even though they are 15 minutes away they came and picked us up when they said they would. All in all I would recommend this campground to anyone that wants to visit the Cape May area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lou S

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Lititz, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We got a good deal through Living Social to visit this campground. We arrived and the people were all very friendly. I wish when we made our reservations that we were told about the activities that they'd have on the Saturday/Sunday of our arrival ahead of time so we could have planned to enjoy them. I also wish that we were told that the game room and snack shack would be open, as well as the fact that they had no basketball to borrow, or Bocce ball equipment. Those were definitely some things that made us unhappy. We had planned on staying on site and enjoying what they had to offer, and the only thing we really could do there was fish (with worms you got elsewhere since they didn't have those yet) or do their minigolf for $3/person. Again, everyone was very courteous, more than helpful once there, and wanted to make sure we were having an enjoyable time. It wasn't very crowded, as we seemed to be the only ones actually camping. Another recommendation is that if you get the rustic cabin option, BRING A MATTRESS TOPPER! The mattress is thin and on top of plywood. We had to go to Wal Mart and buy something to put on top to make it a little better. The sleep still sucked. I'm sure this is a wonderful place once the pool is open and all else is up and running! I would've had a worse time if everyone hadn't been so nice there! We caught some Sunny's, so bring a rod and some worms or hotdogs if you have kids. Playground is nice there as well, and they do have a laundry facility at the bath houses. I would go back for another week in season, but I'd bring something else to sleep on!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Northfield
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We have been going to Big Timber Lake for 5 years and out of all the campgrounds we have been to this is by far THE BEST! Extremely clean, family oriented, activities are well planned and top notch, and fees are very reasonable. We LOVE this place and would never seek another site to visit. HIGHLY recommend!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank NayiNorthfield
New Jersey
Reviewed 26 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here with our two small dogs in our new travel trailer. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a pull-through site, which was dirt/gravel and not entirely level, but I felt it was a decent size. It had a nice picnic table and fire ring. One of the things I really loved about this campground was that there was a dirt/sand walking trail behind both of the lakes along the woods. This was a great place to walk the dogs. The campground was relatively quiet, although my husband was awakened by some loud music early in the morning before "quiet time" was over. I felt the campground was quite clean and safe. The pool looked absolutely beautiful, although we didn't have time to use it. It also had a very cute miniature golf course. Our site was very easy to get in and out of. The water pressure was quite good. The campground is in a nice location-- very close to Stone Harbor and about 15 or 20 minutes from Cape May. We would definitely stay here again. The dogs loved their walks on the trail behind the lakes.

Room Tip: The back-in sites seemed much roomier and more private than the pull-through sites, although the pul...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sillyyorkie
Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Good family fun. I highly recommend to anyone with family. Clean Bathrooms, friendly staff... We rented a trailer for a week. It was clean and well equiped. I understand that they will replace the carpet with hardwood floors which will be more appropriate. When planning your day at the beach, don't hesitate to get your Avalon Beach tags from the office. This is one of the best beach of the area.

New jersey
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We had a wonderful time here! Everything is very clean and the people are very nice! If you like to photograph nature there is a lot to capture! Butterflies, fish, turtles and frogs... I found two minor setbacks. First is that there are no lounge or regular chairs in the pool area. There are no tables either. We camped with grown children but if we had little ones it would be very annoying to lug chairs to the pool area. Resin chairs are very cheap, I don't understand why they wouldn't provide "something" to sit on. Second is that the animals there are very brave. Four of us sitting by a fire when less than five feet away a raccoon attempted to get in our garbage and wasn't bothered by us sitting there AT ALL. This isn't the campground's fault but it is something you should be aware of. You cannot leave any kind of food out. During the day the squirrels are just as brave.. We camp quite often and have stayed at many places where you could leave unopened items out and they wouldn't be touched by animals. I also think that the camp store could be more stocked with items that guests might have forgotten to buy or pack. They would make a killing in that store with the right items in stock! Most of the shelves were bare.

Room Tip: If you don't want to leave the grounds after setting up camp make sure you don't forget anyt...
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I've read the reviews on tripadvisor before we left so I watched out for those items. I never saw any of them. This campground is wonderful - clean - well maintained - the security is so good (especially at the front gate) that my husband accidently left his wallet out all night at our campsite on a table by the firepit and it was there the next morning! The bathrooms are very clean and the shower is 25 cents but I was done showering well before my first quarters time was over. The entertainment was fun - Cheeseburger in Paradise theme - Jimmy Buffet music. Folks were friendly - staff was very friendly and our family reunion was great fun - Bocce ball tournament was fun! - nice site for our 26 footer RV - Can't say enough except we will be back next year earlier in the summer and stay longer than the 3 nights we were there. p.s. get the bug spray that smells good and that problem is over before you walk out the RV's door to go bike riding on great bike trails.

1 Thank Ginny G
Seashore Campsites & RV Resort
Cape May KOA
Cape May KOA
#15 of 19 in Cape May

Been to Big Timber Lake Family Camping Resort? Share your experiences!