“Nice place HyLand moter inn”
Review of Hyland Motor Inn

Hyland Motor Inn
Newburgh, New York
“Nice place HyLand moter inn”
Reviewed 28 August 2008

We stayed at the hyland moter inn in eary aug had a great time rooms are clean and well stocked we had a fridge a coffee maker all the dishs you could need. We only stayed for two days so we really didnt eat there but they have a large lawn with picnic tables and bbq grills so you can cook out .although it is rihgt next to the parkway you really dont notice it that much. you dont hear the traffic at all from the rooms.the pool is great clean warm really nice The owners ars great to will help you any way they can .hey could do a couple of things ti improve it a little but overall great place to stay.

• Liked — pool and efincy unit
  • Disliked — the beds and need to plant some trees along the road
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
New York
Reviewed 19 August 2008

My family books the room one week before our vacation. I was worry about the location, but it turn out better than I thought.
It is close to many beaches and attractions. I took my last than 15 minutes to drive to where ever we want to go – Stone Harbor, Avalon, Wildwood, Cape May,
The pool was nice. My son learned how to swim here. Room was clean. I got much more than the money we paid.

• Liked — location & clean
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
Boston
Reviewed 12 June 2008

I only have good things to say about Hyland Motor Inn. Four of us were on our way to Wildwood but we didn't want to risk not finding a room (there was a convention)... so we drove locally to test our luck. We didn't like the motels we looked at until we drove up to this place.

The Nepalese guy behind the desk was very nice- I'm all about good customer service! The rate was good... and we got $10 off if we paid cash- even better. The location was quiet- not a party scene... perfect if you enjoy quiet rooms. There's a really nice clean and well maintained pool with a pair of goggles and a ball equipped. Parking is plenty. Exterior- very clean! I was extremely impressed. Well lit too.

Interior- exceeded my expectations! Clean, clean, clean! (and I use to be a houskeeping supervisor!) They are on top of their maintenance schedules- the carpets had no burns, shower curtain no mildew, doors didn't creak, no woodwork was chipped, curtains were all in working order. Bedding had no holes, no stains, sheets were pulled taught, mirrors no streaks, table tops had no water marks... I seriously could not find fault. They already had a hairdryer, shower with a non-slip mat on the side... as a matter of fact, the shower looked either new or cleaned really well.

The next night, without reservations, we decided to stay there again. We asked for bowls and they gave us a kitchenette! Everything in this room was obviously newly refurnished. Needless to say, we were very pleased with the quality and the service. They allow late checkout at an additional $10 per hour after 10am. Although I didn't bring my laptop, they offer 2 hours of internet access for $5. They had free fresh hot coffee in the morning. Thank you Susan and Betty!

• Liked — Quiet
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends
ny
Reviewed 3 June 2008

we stayed at the hyland motor inn over memorial weekend and was very pleased. the property is well groomed with an over sized pool, bbqs & picnic tables.check in was expedient and the rooms were exceptionally clean. we stayed in an efficieny unit which was recently refurbished with all new kitchen cabinets etc.
i read a few of the reviews posted here before deciding on staying here and i am glad i didnt take them too seriously. i will definatly plan to stay here again in the late summer or fall.

• Liked — cleanliness and extra large pool
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
New York, NY
Reviewed 12 May 2008

The Cape May area is well known for dismal lodging and bad food at criminal prices, but even in this context the Hyland stands out as particularly awful.

I can't even count the ways that this mean and miserly dump offends every sensibility, and won't even bother to try. Suffice it to say that we booked and paid for three days and only used the first two, and were only too happy to let the greedy proprietors keep the remainder. It was a small price to pay for the satisfaction of driving away from depressing hell.

I can't imagine how anyone could have a happy memory of this nightmare, unless the person was inebriated the whole time (quite possible, given the behavior of our fellow guests!).

If you're a solid, thick-skinned member of the fry, drink, and vomit beach crowd, or perhaps a hard-core biker, you might feel at home here, but otherwise do yourself a big favor and avoid this place at all costs!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
4 Thank OrdinaryPerson
Philadelphia Suburbs, PA
Reviewed 13 February 2008

Room was very clean and larger than most. Even though it is located along the Garden State Parkway, surprisingly you don't hear too much of the traffic when you are in your room. Made reservation by phone, paid by credit card, and was faxed receipt to sign, which I faxed back. When I arrived there, everything was in order. (Just to be sure, I always bring this documentation with me when checking in.)

Would definitely recommend this motel. It is a good example of the classic motel.

• Liked — Nice sized room
  • Disliked — Entrance is semi-private - Go in one door, then turn to go into actual room door.
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kkernspa
Florida
Reviewed 19 August 2007

I had prepaid for this room for a week but when I arrived I was told I did not have reservations for that night. After being told this was my problem not theirs I payed for the room for that night and went to bed it was late I was tired and my visit was to the area. I did think the front desk personal were a bit rude but I was there and had payed for the room. It was nothing special and well below what it should have been for the price.

I have planed another trip to the area and call to reserve another room after checking rates on their website. As the title says I found them a bit misleading. I will be staying somewhere else. There are I have found places with-in 10 mile much closer to area attractions. When looking for a place on-line pass them by I have found you can do much better.

• Liked — It was a place to sleep
  • Disliked — front desk
  • Stayed April 2006, travelled solo
#2 of 5 in Avalon
Biscayne Suites
Biscayne Suites
#12 of 32 in Ocean City

Been to Hyland Motor Inn? Share your experiences!