“Stay in New Jersey”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Carlstadt
Oswego, Illinois
“Stay in New Jersey”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The hotel was clean. The staff was wonderful. Easy access to public transportation and the sports centers. Spent the weekend in NYC. Would stay in New Jersey again. Would recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Flore D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to write such a nice review. We are happy to hear that we were at your satisfaction during your recent stay with us. Our well trained friendly staff made it comfortable and enjoyable for you. We strive to provide our guests with best attentive services at a value conscious price. And I am glad that we are successful in our efforts to make you most happy. We expect your future stay at our property will be your wonderful recall.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I agree with other reviewers this is a great option when visiting ny packed with value. You can park your car at the hotel and take the nj transit bus#163 - $4.25 each way to port authority bus terminal in Manhattan which is close to times square. Bus runs till 1am at night.To commute in Manhattan buy metro card for $10 and take the subway like a local. Hotel breakfast is excellent, good wifi and rooms are very clean. I will recommend this hotel. If you cannot get rooms here, try Fairfield or Residence inns nearby.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank TexasVick
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to extend my sincere thanks for having chosen Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands for your recent stay and leaving us such a delightful review. It was indeed our privilege to serve you, we are so proud to have you as our guest. We would love to see you as our regular guest and eagerly waiting to serve you again with most memorable experience. Thank you again for your continuous loyalty to our brand and hope you continue using IHG Hotels for your future travel needs.
Saint Marys, PA
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Just stayed at this hotel for three-day trip to New York City. It is very accessible to the New Jersey transit bus. Rooms have been updated and were clean. We usually stay at the Holiday Inn express chain so it was the same as all others with the breakfast etc. Mariano, the front desk manager was very friendly and helpful. The only negative is that they will recommend the open tour NY double-decker sightseeing tour. Do not use this service, you won't regret it it is a waste of your money. I would stay here again is visiting New York just would not use the open tour ny bus tour.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Stephanie S
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express & Suites for your recent stay in Carlstadt NJ. We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that took place with the tour company.

Canada
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed over a while back, rooms very clean, Front Desk, very helpful, and courteous. NJ Transit Authority bus stop a very short walk away. Direct bus to NYC Port Authority. Close to the Meadowlands for Giants or Jets Games

Room Tip: End of the floors, away from the main street was very quiet
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DAYDREAMER
Flore D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

It is very important for us that our guests’ experiences are shared. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your collaboration and we hope to see you again soon at the hotel.
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 22 July 2014

For the experienced traveller or the novice NYC visitor this place is a true godsend. I, like many others, have become tired of the extremely poor value that NYC hotels offer with everything priced according to the laws of supply and demand + 50% !! it's just a horrible rip off now and not enjoyable. Even Hol Inn express in midtown can be over $350 for that price I expect to take the furniture with me when I leave !
This hotel is just the ticket, rooms great, location practical for easy access to NYC via car , bus taxi , you could even walk if you are really fit ! few good restaurants in the area and the rooms are better than the equivalent paltry shoe boxes in NYC and 1/3 the price. Save your money for beer and stay here. Been doing NYC for 30 years and this is the only way my business can afford it now. Goodbye NYC and Hello New Jersey a REAL place without touristic nonsense. I loved the old New York but like Vegas the big corps came in and they turned it into Disneyland , sad !

Room Tip: any room here will be a lot quieter than NYC
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank KMLTRADING
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing all your nice comments. I am pleased to hear that the accommodation and service were to your liking. I am very happy that you have enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We strive to provide our guests with best attentive services at a value conscious price. And I am glad that we are successful in our efforts to make you most happy. We expect your future stay at our property will be your wonderful recall. Once again we do appreciate your stay and would love to have a pleasure of seeing you again on your next trip to our city.
Fairfax, VA
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times on trips to New York City. They have a good location about 20 minutes from the PATH and NJTransit stations in Harrison and Newark. There is also a NJTransit bus stop across the street from the hotel that will take you to and from the Port Authroity Bus Terminal. The hotel's good location is something that you should keep in mind. It makes it a good base for group tours. Most of my stays at this hotel were uneventful. However the last one was a disaster due to several group tours that were booked at the hotel while I was there. Kids make noise. Even with very close supervision you are going to have issues. This is a large multistory hotel. They need to make sure that they segregate the tour groups from independent travelers. A traveler on their own should never be placed in the middle of a tour group regardless of their payment method - cash, charge, reward nights, etc. Luckily on this particular stay either the tour group ate breakfast before I chose to or they were seated in a different area. The breakfast room had plenty of selections and seating was readily available. The hotel itself has been recently remodeled. The rooms are on the modern side and are comfortable with all of the expected amenities. Since this hotel has good facilities and comfortable rooms I wanted to give them a chance to improve from the difficulties of my most recent stay. The front desk clerk was sympathetic to my plight with the school groups but seemed powerless to do anything to help me out. I decided to write a letter to the general manager to explain why I was dissatisfied. To her credit she had the reward points that I spent on the stay refunded to my account. She also sent me a certificate for a free night's stay along with an apology for the problems I encountered. I very much appreciate the general manager's actions as it shows she cares for her customers and wants to encourage everyone to chose her property again especially those that have had issues in the past. Second chances are something that one does not always get when it comes to the hospitality industry. I still have the free night's certificate in my files. I believe in second chances as well. I'm willing to give this hotel that second chance the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Flore D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands, responded to this review, 9 July 2014

Lancaster County Pa
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This hotel had everything we needed...free parking, included breakfast to start our day, courteous staff and most important-CLEAN! The rooms were very nice. Comfortable beds. One reviewer wrote about the rooms being small. Well, how much time do you spend in your room? We had no problem with the size of the room. There was a small fridge and microwave, nice reading lights over the beds and a table with 2 chairs with an additional chair at the desk. Our daughter, son-in-law and 2 teenage grandsons had a room next to ours. Their room was the same size as ours and they had no problem with the room size. The daily breakfast was adequate to get us started on our day and the bus to N.Y. City was 1 block away. Mariano was the front desk clerk who checked us in and was so very nice. He gave us rooms that looked out over the NYC skyline and was very helpful in giving us information on getting back and forth from the city. I don't remember the name of the guy that took care of the breakfast area (sorry), but he did such a good job of keeping the area clean and all of the breakfast items filled up and he also was very nice. We didn't get to talk to the evening desk clerk but she always had a smile and a hello for us when we came through the lobby. We went to Redd's restaurant in Carlstadt for dinner one night. They have a free shuttle from the hotel to the restaurant and back again. Also, there is a 10% discount on your room keycard. Our meals were very good and they have a lot to choose from on their menu.
So, we have no complaints about this hotel. Everything was great. The only thing that was disappointing to our grandson's was the fact that the pool closed early and they didn't get to use the pool at all since we got back to the hotel too late. But that was our choice, so no reflection on the hotel. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlstadt
Hampton Inn Carlstadt-At The Meadowlands
Residence Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#2 of 3 in Carlstadt

Been to Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands? Share your experiences!