“Great property for groups”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Carlstadt
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great property for groups”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Thank you to Econolodge for hosting our group during your busiest time of year! You are all very hospitable and organized:) Excellent location to stadium at an inexpensive price. Free breakfast included which our group loved.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Leigh k

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Charlottetown, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

We booked this hotel based on some of the reviews that I read plus the fact that it was close to a bus stop. That part was good as it was just one bus over to Manhattan and one bus back but you have to cross a fairly busy street to get to the bus stop and walk on the side of raod in the dark to get back to hotel. The area seemed safe enough which was another concern. The rooms were adequate. The carpet seemed dirty so I wouldn't go barefeet on it. The breakfast area was in a tented area in the middle of the hotel but it was always freezing cold so you had to wear your jacket to get there and take the food back to your room to eat. A couple of days into the trip I called another hotel that I heard had a shuttle to NY and the rates were even better than what we were paying here. If it hadn't been such a hassle to move, I would have. We didn't have a car. Check in and check out went fairly easy. If you use the safe, ask to have it re-imbursed as I think their policy is to charge for it but if you ask to have it reversed, I think they will or that is how I read the sign that is on the front desk by the lobby. Our room was right next to the road so I found it very noisy to sleep the first night. After that I guess I was just too tired not to sleep from all the exploring in NYC.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

3 Thank Theresa579
Eylem N, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Theresa;

Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

Great Value, comfortable beds, easy to get to New York City. Breakfast was great as well as all the staff. It is also close to restaurant and gas stations and easy to get on the turnpike. Everything was perfect and we would stay again!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Eylem N, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Melissa;

We would like to thank you for taking to review us. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Kind Regards,

Scott Depot, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

I stayed at this location when going to NYC on a bus trip. Considering the amount of people we had, the check in process went very smoothly. I was rather impressed with the gentleman at the front desk that took care of us. I was slightly nervous before checking in because it is a pet friendly hotel and my mother who was traveling with me is allergic to both cats and dogs. I was very pleased with how clean the rooms were. I was hoping there wouldn't be any traces of animals anywhere. It would have made for a miserable experience for my mom! I never used the bus from here to the city but some people in my group did. They found that to be very convenient and easy to use. I would definitely stay here again if I was looking to save some money. I do, however, prefer to stay in the city. The idea of taking the bus late at night or having to pay the outrageous fee of a cab to take you outside of the city sounds just terrible. I would say if you're not going to be alone, this is a great place to stay!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Macy Y
cornwall
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

We planned a getaway and did a lot of research to find the perfect spot. We thought we had found it. It was close, affordable and the rooms looked spacious and neat. I called the phone number to double check the pricing and the availability of an extra pullout. The guy walked me through the process to book and I set it up.

When we got there we were surprised that ;
1- the room had no kitchenette (although the picture did and was confirmed on the phone)
2- the beds did not even have comforters on them (not a big deal...but every other room we passed, had them)
3- the breakfast area since like it was outdoors...we had to wear jackets to eat inside. |The selection was adequate though.

All in all for the level of stars this place is...it is what it is. I can't compare really as we typically stay in higher end...but that being said...it was misleading from the booking reservation, and if I were to plan this trip again, I would pay slightly higher for more comfort.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Eylem N, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Jason,

Thank you for taking the time to complete TripAdvisor survey regarding your recent stay at Econo Lodge Meadowlands.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the room type on your recent visit. I believe there was a misunderstanding when you booked the room. The rate you have paid was for our standard double bed room not a kitchenette room. As we are in the process of changing our bedding style, yes we still have some bed covers in few rooms. If we knew that you preferred to have bed covers we would have gladly provided them to you.

I have shared your feedback with our Front Desk Agents as well as our Booking Agents to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Carlstadt.

Kind Regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for a week. The rooms are clean, shower us perfect, everything you need. The only thing that need improvement is the breakfast area. Just buy a few air heaters, so people can eat without their hats, jackets and gloves. :) Bus stop is 2 minutes away, which is perfect!
The buses run every 30 min. You are in Nyc in 15 min tops.
The receptionists are very friendly, especially the lady!!! Overall is a good hotel for visiting the city. Will come again.

• Stayed December 2013
East Hartford
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Minutes away from upper NJ and close to the Sports Complex. Our room was very comfortable. Staff was very helpful. Our room was right near the breakfast area. The only downside was the lack of heating in the breakfast area. It was in the 20's so even with tents set up, we had to wear our coats.

Room Tip: We had a king. Ask for a room near the breakfast area.