“Great Remodeled Rooms”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Carlstadt
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Huge surprise, rooms were brand new. Bathrooms, tv, coffee maker inroom & new bed / clean sheets. NYC Bus Stops infront of hotel. Bus comes very often. Very nice staff. Raj, everyone. More like a Holiday Inn Express. Definitely not a Econo Lodge.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here solo for an event at the Izod Center last week. I thought it was walkable, but staff advised that I should take a taxi as there are no sidewalks. A local friend also later told me its probably not the best/safest area. But if you have a car and are on a budget it's perfect. There's not a lot in the area, a few fast food places down the road along with all the Meadowlands Sports Complex nearby.

The worn and poor look of the building (orange like most Econolodges) on the outside is misleading. The room I had was modern, updated and clean. Refridgerator and microwave included. Front desk staff were friendly, helpful and accommodating.

I saw a bus stop nearby. But Seacacus Train Station is a $25 cab ride away, IZOD Center $15 for just a couple minutes.

Seacacus Train Station is less than a 10 minute ride to/from Penn Station in Manhattan for $4 one way.

Depending on the rates, this might be a great budget option if Manhattan isn't in your budget or you are attending a Meadowlands event. It was the cheapest of the ones in the Meadowlands area when I booked.

1  Thank rockchick
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

This is a great stay although its a headache on the bus parts to get into town and back to hotel its not the hotels fault.. The breakfast very good area is closed off ad clean. The rooms.. Just want you need and close to luxurious. The showers spray from over head sides and has a removable handle and the preside on those is the bomb. The room very clean the sheets and comforter need to be replaced they are worn out. The front desk clerk was a very big help and very polite and although his English was not well he still helped until we understood. This is a great right outside NY experience and place to stay.. I really enjoyed myself.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

It was clean and nice and a quiet stay and a clean room the sheets smell good anf clean the bed are reall comfortable its is pet freindly and i walky dog around the hotel people are nice there the hotel had good service with us and the tv serive is good and the room was a nice size and the bathroom was clean.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was a nice place to stay for a quick trip. Very reasonable rates and convenient for metro travel to Manhattan. We stayed two nights and it was worth not spending a lot of money and still get quality service. Polite staff, manager Raj was very accommodating.

Room Tip: We had a room on the inside and it was nice. A large group of youngsters can right before it was tim...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Eylem N, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete TripAdvisor review. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Kind Regards,

Eylem Naik

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed there for couple of days. The room was neat and well maintained and the service and breakfast was good except one big issue.. Bed bug or insects.. I had lot of insect bites in my hands and legs, but it happened only for me and not for anyone in our family. So did not complain about this in the hotel. When I checked it with my doctor I came to know that bed bugs bite people who are really good in Vitamin B12 and that's the reason why its only me :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

We are very sorry to hear that you had an insect issue during your stay. I would like to inform you that we had properly checked the room you have stayed in and the result is great, no bed bug. However, exterminator treated the room anyway to kill any insect that you were bitten by. Please do not hesitate to email me if you have any further concern, I will be more than happy to assist you in this matter.

Warm wishes,
Eylem Naik
eylem@econolodgemeadowlands.com

Reviewed 28 June 2014

My family stayed at the Econolodge in Carlstadt, New Jersey. My son left his backpack there and only realised when we were almost across the border into Canada. It wasn't a simple process to have the bag fedexed back and the hotel went above and beyond to help us out. From finding the bag and keeping it locked up (Raj) until we arranged the courier, to helping us with all the fedex paperwork and protocols (Suarez and Eylem). The manageress Eylem was honestly unbelievable, friendly and helpful as was Suarez at the front desk. I highly recommend this hotel. THANK YOU SO MUCH

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlstadt
Hampton Inn Carlstadt-At The Meadowlands
Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands
Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - East Rutherford
Hilton Meadowlands
Hilton Meadowlands
#4 of 5 in East Rutherford
Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands
Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!