“Wonderful”

Hotel Executive Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Carteret
Reviewed 8 December 2009

I am one of the people who always reads reviews but never write one. Well I was compelled to write about Radison-Carteret. We went for a long weekend visit to NYC and this place is awesome. I am very particular and picky about hotels I'm staying in and this was the cleanest I've been in. The price was way to low for the service and amenities we got. We don't mind taking public transportation so the free shuttle to the nearest train station was perfect. We called the hotel few stops away from our station to let them know we will be arriving in 10 minutes and the shuttle was waiting for us each time we went.

It's about 30 min on the train that will take you to Penn Station in Manhattan. PERFECT!!!! If you want to take Staten Island Ferry is not far either- 20 min by car. Parking is $7 and the ferry is free. You'll go right by the Statue of Liberty and get of in the financial district not far from ground zero. The only bad thing about getting to the ferry is the toll on NJ Turnpike is $12 so the ferry is not really free if you have to pay $12 in tolls to get there.

The hotel is in industrial part so there is nothing around there and it's near the highway. (no noise inside) But we didn't care because we went to see NYC not Carteret and spend all the in the city and came back only to sleep. The beds are so comfy that we slept better than at home (exhaustion will do that to you too after walking all day) two wordss - AWESOME, CLEAN.

Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank bltigger

Reviewed 2 December 2009

First let me say that my husband and I travel for business all year round. We spend more time in hotels than we do at our home. We have alot of hotels to compare this one to, and must say, this is a wonderful place to stay. Everyone is very accomodating. We needed a sewing kit late in the evening and one was brought promptly to our room. The hotel is clean and quiet. We love the location because it is not far from the city and close to numerous restaurants. It is near Woodbridge Mall and Jersey Gardens. Both great places to find bargains. Also a very nice perk is that the toiletries are wonderful! The oatmeal and almond bath soap is fabulous as is the shampoo and conditioner. So we highly recommend you choose this Radisson for your next hotel stay you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2009

This is an excellent hotel, and when you consider the >100.00/night rates, it really can't get much better. It is a newer hotel in Carteret, NJ. All the facilities are in excellent condition and the service is impeccable. It is a little far from Newark airport, but they provide a free suttle, so that is not a problem. The shuttle can also take you to the Rahway train station, which is also not particularly close, but it works out good if your goal is to get to New York City. Overall, this was a great stay and I recommend it thoroughly.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2009

I booked a king, non-smoking room and was originally sent to a double / double room. I went back down to get another room and was given a king, accessible, smoking room. This was a big disappointment as I had made these requests clear on my reservation and called in advance. I was too frustrated to go back down and wait in line a third time. The rooms are ok - some modern features and some throw backs to the 80's. Sound-proofing is not great - I could hear the entire conversation of man next door on the phone to his family and could also faintly hear the respondent. The restaurant food was awful. I ordered a cheeseburger - waited a long time for it and was given a very dried up slab of meat with a disentigrated slice of cheese. My waitress obviously got distracted somewhere because she did not show up again after she dropped my food off. I eventually went to find her behind the bar doing some clerical work. After a few minutes I got her attention to pay my bill. I then experienced further delay as another waitress used the only computer to enter an order for 5 people. I was then told that I would have to go to reception for my receipt??? I told the waitress how disappointing the food was and she said sorry (not much help) and said that she would tell the cook (again, not much help to me). Poor service - I am typically a Marriott user, but wanted to give Radission a try - will not use Radisison again.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2009

I took our family to visit NY and decided to stay at the Radisson because it was less expensive than staying closer the city. I am sure glad that I made the decision.

When we first arrived at check in the gal that was there was extremely pleasant and nice. She asked how many travelers were with me. I told her that I was with my wife and two young children. At that point she took it upon herself to upgrade me to a suite! When we went to the suite it was extremely clean and well taken care of. It was around 900 pm when we finally got settled into the room and decided to eat dinner at the hotel restaurant. I had gone into the restaurant to get a table when the bar tender let me know that it had closed but we were welcome to sit in the bar. I was hesitant to do so considering I have young children. But when he saw that I had kids he opened the restaurant just for us. I couldn't believe the customer service and friendliness that was extended to us. I would stay in this hotel again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank brimhallfamily
Reviewed 6 August 2009

We enjoyed our stay in this hotel. Great location, the room condition is good, and price is great value. And we still had complimentary breakfast buffet which was generous by the way!

The only thing that I didn't like, and it might come as a tip, is the direction of getting to the hotel. Avoid taking the local road as even with Google Maps, we were still lost for an hour. Get there via I 95, pay the toll, and you'll get there in no time!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2009

Rooms and washroom in very clean condition.
Location very good and close to highway.
Shuttle service is good and its 24 hour.
Hotel Lobby nicely decorated.
Free Parking-lots of it and parking lot is not all dark, infact the restaurant is open late.
Bonus I paid 84 per night, and that includes approx. $10 breakfast.
Closer to train station, my advice take shuttle to train station to go manhattan new york approx. 30 minute ride and avoid traffic and parking cost(train ticket is 7/person.
Very close to NJ Outlet Mall (20 min drive), Sttue of Liberty(approx25 min.)

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank raybToronto
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carteret
Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway
Best Western Riverview Inn & Suites
Home2 Suites Rahway
Home2 Suites Rahway
#1 of 5 in Rahway
Super 8 Rahway/Newark
Comfort Suites at Woodbridge
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport

Been to Hotel Executive Suites? Share your experiences!