Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway
US$150
US$145
US$141
US$138
Comfort Inn Staten Island(Staten Island)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$107
ComfortInn
US$153
Best Western Riverview Inn & Suites(Rahway)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$66
RodewayInn
US$116
US$119
US$116
Priceline
US$92
All reviewscarry our bagsfloor hotelrestaurant has great foodthe general managerdoing businessroom was cleanjersey turnpikestory hotelwithout trafficnew jerseygreat place to stayshuttle service ishotel stafffront desk employeespark and flyfree wifiplatinum member
Reviewed 8 December 2011

The only thing good about this place is it's employees. The front desk attendants and the restaurant employees were all very nice. Beside that, the carpet is gross. Gross to the point of not wanting to walk around the room barefoot. The halls are old and stinky. They didn't put me in the kind of room I reserved. The food is marginal at best. I'm sure they do the best they can with what they have to work with. The location is terrible getting out to grab a bite.

I asked to speak with the manager to voice my concerns and he wouldn't even come out to talk to me. He instead sent his security guard/henchwoman to take my message. He will not respond to telephone calls or email either. He acts as if he is above the guests and his employees.

I've been to Holiday Inn's all over the world. I will avoid this one from here on out... and I'm not normally a complainer.

Room Tip: a tip to help choose a good room? stay at the crowne plaza.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank 5FrequentTraveler312
Reviewed 12 October 2011

My husband and I stayed here the night before we left for our honeymoon since we had an early flight out of newark. We reserved a king bed, however upon check inn, we were informed that the hotel was booked and they only had a room with 2 double beds. We were disappointed, but it was late and for one night we didn't feel like arguing even though I felt a discount should have been offered.

Overall, despite my husband not being able to sleep too well in a double sized bed, the location off the turnpike was perfect, the ride to the airport was about 15- 20 minutes and the room was clean.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura S
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We've stayed here several times on a multi-day trip up to New England.
It's right off the Jersey turnpike and very easy to find. I have driven around looking for motels in other New England locations so I value a place that does not require a complicated search for a late night arrival.

Everything was clean.

The biggest drawback is no elevator. Our non-smoking room was pretty smoky-smelling but not a deal-breaker for us.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank WashDCD_C_Grl
Reviewed 30 June 2011

For one night this holiday inn is okay. The check in and out was fast and the staff were friendly. It is located just off the Jersey turnpike a short distance to Newark airport( maybe 20 mins). So if you are in a pinch it will do the job, but the hotel needs repair and there is no elevator. This place is definitely below the typical holiday inn standard!!

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank DerbyRam23
Reviewed 28 April 2011

the check-inn/check-out was fast, professional and friendly. It was no problem to get a crip and to change rooms etc.. There was plenty of free parking, the rooms we had were really big, equipped with microwave and fridge, TV, free internet, comfortable beds - for us absolutely sufficient.
But the hotel itself needs some renovation - the toilet was leaking a bit, the water tap and the toilet flush were incredible loud and the carpet a bit raunchy, the room was not really bright and friendly. It was more dark and clammy and old-smelly.

Breakfast was not included and in the integrated restaurant not more than average.

For me it is ok for a one night stay if you need something close to Newark airport and Jersey Garden Shopping Mall - but not more.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family