“Great staff and Clean rooms.”

Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Carteret
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Great staff and Clean rooms.
We have been greeted with warm words and great service. Key was ready for the rooms and FDC brought all our language to the room. Rooms had everything and were neat and clean. Staff was helpful and friendly really seemed to want the stay to be pleasant for us. When we entered in the rooms we had GM welcome letter with goody bags which was great. Hotel has restaurant on premises which is very convenient when traveling with family. Hotel is conveniently located very close to NYC and Newark Airport. Best place to stay if you are traveling NYC and want to avoid city cost and traffic.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
kathy000, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Alpesh M.,
Thank you for the 5 STAR Review and your wonderful comments!!! We take great pride in providing comfortable accommodations along with friendly and helpful service and appreciate that you took the time to publicly recognize our hotel staff for providing you with superior service and exceeding your expectations. We sincerely appreciate your business and are glad that you enjoyed the welcome amenties provided to you.
Indeed, we are centrally located, just minutes from Newark Airport and the train station to NYC, please be sure to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service during your next visit and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon. Thank you again for the positive feedback, I will be sure to share it with our staff. Yours in hospitality, Gerry G., Director of Sales

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Overall great place to stay, staff is friendly and efficient, good location for turnpike access. Rooms are clean and check in and out is a breeze, will be back due to I have to travel to New Jersey and the Metro area .

Room Tip: over god place to stay!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank kevenjames
kathy000, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear kevenjames:
Thanks for the 5 star review, customers like you are a true pleasure and we love to see that you keep coming back!! I will certainly be sure to share your comments with our GM and staff, they will be very happy to hear this since they take great pride in providing clean rooms and the top quality service that you deserve. We appreciate the positive feedback and look forward to being of service to you again. Yours in hospitality, Gerry G., Director of Sales

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Right off the nj tollway, which is cool, but the hotel is kinda old and in need of an update. Rooms are ok, ac is kinda loud. Service was fine, nothing special. Good location to newark and or airport, only 10 mins on tollway. Also quick access to Brooklyn or Wall St area via Verrazano Bridge.

Room Tip: Get a non-smoking room, the smoking ones have a heavy heavy smell of smoke in them!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
kathy000, General Manager at Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Bruce P.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel. I am happy to hear you found the staff friendly and the location convenient. I want to ensure you that your comments are very important to us. We rely on our guests to let us know how we are doing and do target the areas of concern and take the necessary steps to remedy them.

We do value your business and welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

A bit dated on the outside and the hallways, but rooms had everything and were neat and clean. Staff was helpful and friendly, really seemed to want the stay to be pleasant for us. As a platinum member I was offered a free "breakfast buffet" did not realize (no one told us and they were out of the coupons) that this could be used towards 20% off the real breakfast. What they call a breakfast buffet and apparently charge non platinum members for was about as poor an excuse for breakfast as I have run across. Some sort of "egg" squares, we weren't really sure what to think of them and that famous shaved bacon that you can see through. Generally, the HIEs we stay at offer 3-4 times the spread (choices) to everyone for free. This was bad enough that they would be better off not offering it. There is a restaurant on premises, I would assume they have a good food, wish we had tried it. Other than that disappointment, decent place to stay when traveling. We didn't use it, but the work out room was well equipped!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
kathy000, Manager at Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear John R:

Thank you for being a Platinum member and for choosing the Holiday of Carteret, we do value your membership. We sincerely appreciate your business and thank you for sharing your comments during your recent stay.

Your feedback is very important to us and we are happy to hear that our staff provided you with helpful and friendly service and that you found your hotel accommodations to be comfortable, neat and clean. We are sorry to learn of your disappointment with the breakfast buffet that was offered to you. We pride ourselves in providing quality food and have immediately addressed your concerns with our kitchen manager and have already upgraded some of the menu items.

Again, thank you for your comments and if there is anything we can do to make your next stay more enjoyable, please feel free to contact me directly at 732-541-9500 extension 300.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

The girl at the front desk crystal was great very helpful the rooms were great very clean and very quite even the food at the restaurant was amazing the server chelce was so nice I would recommend them and I will definitely be back for another stay. Even the girl who checked me out Mary was nice great stay over all

• Stayed: January 2014
kathy000, General Manager at Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Dear Mairveria2116:

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your amazing experience with our hotel and restaurant. We pride ourselves in customer service and are very happy when we exceed your expectations. We take a lot of pride in serving fine cuisine and service in Julian's Restaurant as well. I will share your comments with the entire staff to encourage continued efforts in guest satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming back in the future.

Kathleen F. General Manager

Reviewed 23 January 2014

This was my second visit in the last few months. The staff was very friendly the Manager Kathy was the best. She always has a smile, she remembered me, and let me know she "genuinely appreciated" that I chose to stay at the hotel again. The rooms were clean, restaurant has great food free parking and internet. I would highly recommend and stay again!

Room Tip: I prefer second floor
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Simon S
kathy000, General Manager at Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Simon S.,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your delightful experience with our hotel. We pride ourselves in customer service and are very happy when we exceed your expectations. I will share your comments with the entire staff to encourage continued efforts in guest satisfaction. I do appreciate your loyalty and look forward to welcoming back in the future.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

stayed last night because of the snow storm in new jersey . rate was good but oh my when I went into room it felt like a blast furnace. This hotel has the old fashioned heaters in the wall. . Even when you set the thermostat to the blue you get heat. I'm sure it would cost a fortune to fix/replace but you won't find me going back . You don't get a comfortable nights sleep. It is fairly quiet and the front desk is excellent and the restaurant though bar food type is very good and the service is excellent. Rooms are dated at least the one I had and the pillows are a joke. The refrigerator in the room made so much noise I unplugged it. Internet worked great and its free. Stay if you have to but there are choices around the area. look into them.

Room Tip: find another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
kathy000, General Manager at Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Richard R.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay at our hotel recently. I am very sorry for your experience and I did look into what events led to the room being uncomfortably warm upon arrival. Our area was facing unexpectedly cold weather, and in order to keep rooms at a comfortable temperature for guest’s arrival, management decided to leave all room heaters on low. Unfortunately, it appears that for your room, it was inadvertently set higher than thought. Regarding the other points you raised, I assure you that I will personally look into the issues and take the appropriate action.

Again, I deeply regret the experience you had with us and I hope you will give our hotel another chance and allow us to earn your praise in the future. I am confident our hotel and staff will exceed your expectations on your next visit. Please feel free to contact me personally to discuss your issues in greater detail at 732-541-9500.

Kathleen F.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carteret
Hotel Executive Suites
#2 of 2 in Carteret
Comfort Inn Staten Island
#4 of 7 in Staten Island
Hampton Inn Linden
#1 of 4 in Linden
Midtown
Doubletree by Hilton New York Times Square West
Doubletree by Hilton New York Ti...
#366 of 468 in New York City

Been to Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway? Share your experiences!